I know most of the basics but I need help im doing a competition soon for Cyber security and one of my images is Ubuntu, not 100% what version or if it's server yet but any help or recommendations for securing a Ubuntu OS?
Thanks!Hey dude i have made a list of things you need to patch up, go trough each one and as your doing it research it will help a ton that is why i am just listing the process.
- Change the root password & add a admin user
- Set up public and private keys
- Modify SSH permissions
- Set up a private firewall
- Enable WPA on the connection if it isn't already enabled
- Use groups and permissions
- Encrypt the data
If you still need help my college tutor owns this site its packed with a ton of useful information within computer science here is the page for Linux distros & security.