What's new

Solved Two xboxes on one network

A

abysil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I know that you aren't supposed to be able to have two xboxes on one network accessing xbl because they both have to use the same port (they won't both be an open nat), but i know that you can have two xboxes if one is strict and the other is open. This is currently the setup I have, but I don't know how to determine which xbox gets the open status, and which gets strict. It seems a bit arbitrary actually. I have opened the right ports to /my/ xbox, meaning it should get open, but sometimes i have moderate (if my friend's xbox isn't on), and sometimes strict. Then occasionally I will get open and he will get moderate/strict. I have also tried putting my xboxes mac addr. in the dmz for the router, but it still seems random. I have UPnP enabled.

Can anybody give any suggestions as to how I can force mine to open and his to moderate/strict?

Router is a linksys WRT310Nv2, both xboxes are wired, but mine is bridged through my desktop so i only need one cat5 running to my room and don't need a switch (shouldn't make a difference though).

P

Paranormal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have the same router. Both 360s are wired. No bridging though. Both get on MW2 fine, and are open NAT, usually getting host for most games. Don't know who told you the thing about 2 360s on one network, but it's wrong.

P

Paranormal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What ISP do you have? I have Comcast, and both are always open with 15 ms ping. I have the firewall off on my router, and I have both the 360s in the DMZ (idk how I got that to work)

A

abysil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Paranormal said:
What ISP do you have? I have Comcast, and both are always open with 15 ms ping. I have the firewall off on my router, and I have both the 360s in the DMZ (idk how I got that to work)

I don't think my router supports multiple dmz entries.

A

abysil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
bump

Paranormal, how do you have the same router as me but have two xboxes in the dmz (i couldn't figure it out in the linksys control panel)? Would you be able to screenshot that screen and pm me? I'd really like to figure this out.

D

Deadly Kid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you portforward all the the 3 xbox ips then it should work. I run 2 xboxes as well with a linksys router and it has worked fine.

Top Bottom
Login
Register