What's new

Discussion Two plugins that seem to be missing

T

turk645

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been bugging me for a little bit. The goof and sili tag dont have a plugin at all and this saddens me, and by no plugin i mean no base empty plugin. If memory serves me right, these two tags were important when it came to custom options. If these plugins are made then it means we can look into making modded game varients.

R

renegade770

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I never modded halo 3 or the reach beta, I have no idea what these contain. Can you give the specific definition/contents of each?

Also, you should talk to manbearpig06, he's really good with plugins.

T

turk645

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im going based off my modding knowlage of halo 2. Back then i used those two tags to add more choices to the quick options. If those two tags do the same thing then it would just be a matter of editing those so we can get modded game varients. There is a difference between plugin research and plugin creation. Most people build off a shell plugin that detox originally made but these two dont even have a plugin at all is what im getting at.

R

renegade770

Enthusiast
Reaction score
then it probably doesnt exist. There are some that are "missing" from previous halos, but then there a bunch of new ones too.

T

turk645

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but the thing is if you load up the main menu.map the tags still exist. Im just saying the plugin file for them is missing.

R

renegade770

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but the thing is if you load up the main menu.map the tags still exist. Im just saying the plugin file for them is missing.
interesting. talk to manbearpig06. he know way more about plugins than i do. Im a noob at halo modding lol

M

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
I have no clue how to figure out the tag header size, so I couldn't make one. Detox probably didn't notice because they only show up in the mainmenu (I think).

It would also be quite annoying to try to change things in goof or sily without tag decryption, or at least unencrypted strings.

T

turk645

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah but im up to the challenge. If i could figure out the workings of the effect and the tag that controled the sentinal beam effect in halo 2 then i should be able to figure out the sili and goof tag once again.... granted i ever get the freakin real time editor working >.>

Top Bottom