What's new

Tutorial [Tutorial][Xbox One] How to Create a Locked Lobby

G

greyshorts44

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello all, I created this account because I wanted to share a method that a member of my crew founded a while back for GTA Online. This method can actually help out other players and crews when they want to work in peace. This method below is steps to create a "locked lobby". A locked lobby is, custom public lobbies that have a much higher success rate in preventing less randoms, non-crew members from joining. If you want to work solo, or make a lobby for your crew or friends, then you can use this method below to get work done in peace. Also, there's another method which is the "NAT Test". This second method is not locked but it's an alternative.

How To Create a LOCKED LOBBY – WIFI/WIRED method:

1. If you do not already have WIFI and wired configured on your xbox: Enable wifi connection, confirm it works on WIFI by going online, then plug Ethernet cable back in, confirm it works too, keep the Ethernet plugged in.

2. First Restart the Xbox. A proper full restart NOTE: If you’re using “instant on” power mode then your xbox does not restart when you hit the button, so in this case you need to force a restart by pressing the guide button on the controller, go to settings, select Restart Console, and confirm.

3. With Ethernet cable plugged in, start GTA. After you load into story mode, just go to the dashboard and force quit GTA. There is no timing, just do it any time after you see load into story mode.

4. Unplug your ethernet cable.

5. Wait for Xbox to stabilize and let it sign itself into to Xbox Live (via Wifi).

6. Launch GTA Online and load into a populated session.

7. Plug ethernet cable back in and make your character walk around.

8. Everyone will leave your session, in which case you’re done – the lobby is locked.
  9. You should have a locked lobby. You can test to see how stable it is by inviting a couple friends or crew mates to it. (Excess use of your internet connection, either upload, or download, or streaming video will affect other players in your lobby and could cause splits and disconnects.)
NOTES: If your lobby gets “superlocked” meaning people can not join, they get stuck in the clouds forever trying to join, or everyone gets a “timeout” error trying to get in. You can try to break the superlock by going to a security camera or tv and watching it. This has been found to break the superlock for many of our hosts. The lobby returns to normal and you can continue what you were doing or go AFK.

Very Important, How to AFK: Go to any apartment or your ceo office, sit down in front of the TV, and then press right on the d-pad again to “watch TV”. (Once you crated a locked lobby, you'll need to AFK if you plan on being in the session for hours.)

Second Method: Testing Your NAT Type – NOT a locked lobby
  1. Whilst in-game, simply go to your Xbox Dashboard.

2. Go to Settings

3. Go to Network Settings

4. Test NAT type

5. Once the test is completed, return to GTA and everyone should leave the session
It’s also worth considering that randoms tend to join sessions exponentially after about 5+ people are in the lobby (R* matchmaking prioritizes busy lobbies to place players into). So, if you want to play with people in an unlocked lobby, Invite no more than 3 or 4 friends into the lobby (enough for 1 or 2 organizations)

Last edited:
M0B5TA

M0B5TA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was doing this years ago before xbox updated to where they added test nat. glad it still works if they decide to ever take test nat out.

ooooSTONYoooo

ooooSTONYoooo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I know im a bit late to the party guys ....but is there another way of doing this without wired connection. My set up in my living room leaves me noo choice but to have wifi connection on xbox and I dont have a longer cable.

M0B5TA

M0B5TA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I know im a bit late to the party guys ....but is there another way of doing this without wired connection. My set up in my living room leaves me noo choice but to have wifi connection on xbox and I dont have a longer cable.

usually just doing the NAT type test in the network settings is enough for few hours without randoms joining

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Um ok. Test nat works great for xbox. There is already a post for that.
But if you want a lobby nobody can rejoin there is a trick called port filtering. Test nat to clear the lobby then use of port filtering to keep it empty.
But honestly nat for me keeps the lobby empty until I do a heist I joined from another player.
Anyway use of port filtering will take players near you and as they get close they will leave the lobby. It’s great when trolls are griefing everyone. For me its the fastest way out of a jet spawn killer. They go away while the rest of the lobby remains.
It has to do with near proximity. What I saw, what he saw, what response from server to me, what response from server to him...ect. And timing the filtering. For xbox one this has become my favorite tool.

T

tinmankxk

Reaction score
Sin$
LMAOO I wonder what the crew's meltdown was like when this leaked. They've been doing this as long as the original crew existed, and got really upset whenever it was suggested to share it for the whole xbox GTA community.

Top Bottom
Login
Register