TUTORIAL on how to get L4D mods online!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Canadian Piro, Dec 18, 2008 with 16 replies and 1,404 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canadian Piro

Canadian Piro Getting There

Ratings:
    As you all know or MOST of you know that there ARE left 4 dead mods out there! They are simply to change the game controls or 'Values' to do what YOU want them to do.For Instance...say I wanted to deleted some zombies,or items,or even spawn somthing, like a witch or weapons..You just change the controls to do what YOU want them to do.

Now that we've cleared that up for new people... You may be wondering "WHY THE F*** ARE THEY NOT WORKING ON XBOX LIVE!!??":mad:..To answer your question, Valve has released a server SIDE UPDATE that does not allow you to mod online...

==>)-Valve will be releasing a PERMINANT update for LIVE and via system link / Single Player(<==

Now for the TUTOIRAL part!:thumbup:

Simply when ever you start a game over 'LIVE' it will set or ENABLE the server SIDE PATCH...
    Now what you need to do to keep that from happening is this......

1.set up a campaign game or versus mod game
    2.start when-ever you'd like but do the following first.....
    >3<.When you press "A" on the start game button it says "Searching For Dedicated Server" at the top ov the screen...
    PRESS A 3-10 TIMES! but its harder...press it that stop... or it wont work...
    so for instance, press it 1,2,3..FAST THOUGH...not like 13 super fast.. or it wont work! :huh:

just press it like 1,2,3, 1,2,3,4,5,6, 1,2,3,4,5:biggrin:

repeate it untill it shows a count down instead of a "SEARCHING FOR DEDICATED SERVER" message.

-REMEMBER THOSE NUMBERS WERE JUST EXAMPLES!DONT DO THEM IN THAT ORDER IF YOU DON'T WISH TO!like me...just send me a message to paly with me and i'll invite you to a game to give you an more indepth tutorial for you to understand more......

G.T. : canadian piro:biggrin:

ONLY MESSAGES! MY FRIENDS LIST IS CURRENTLY FULL RIGHT NOW!

also please dont spam in this forum or say that it doesn't work...IT DOES,:cursing: you just need to practice rapid tapping 'A'....(lol):w00t:

PEACE:smile:

P.S.---(I just know i'm going to Regret this.......)<_<

please post what you think.even if its Negative OR Postive.just share them! :smile: what are YOUR thoughts?:?:smile:

======================POST # 2===============================

HEY EVERYONE!,

I jsut helped a FRENCH speaking friend with the mod! He did not understand why he could not patch the file for the mod. It turned out that he had a different language version, or a 'country free verison' or somthing. Soo after 2 hours of me and him trying to figure it out, I sent him a copy of MY OWN normal usersettings, and voila! it patched OK! But ofcourse FIRST i sent him 1 tha ti mdoded for him, and it worked...Turns out that you need a normal usersettings even if you have a different version of language verison of the game!......

now he is able to mod! But there was one more problem......He COULN'T RESIGN IT!,....iF YOU RUN INTO THIS PROBLEM WE FOUND OUT WHY...iT WAS BECAUSE THE ""Profile ID"" wasn't currect.It was probebly becasue i sent him MY user settings, you jsut ened to change the id to YOUR id.AND IT SHOULD WORK!

just remember! when you host it online,you basicly just need to press 'A' lots on the start game button, when in an xbox live game lobby.dont press 'A' too fast for too long or it WILL freeze your Xbox-360!!!

now then!jsut remeber now...MY GAMER TAG IS

canadian piro

AND HIS IS

Xnoss95

• Like Like x 6
  2. Xnoss

Xnoss Newbie

Ratings:
    Thanks it work !

(And thanks to me for the second part :tongue:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. samlshaffer

samlshaffer Getting There

Ratings:
    Works 100%.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I Suck At MLG

I Suck At MLG Enthusiast

Ratings:
    does anyone get this error wen patching the save file? [​IMG]

5. wan5

wan5 Member

Ratings:
    you need microsofts .net framework 3.5 to run the mod tool... you can grab it [Click here to view the link]

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    Canadian Piro

Ratings:
    :biggrin: i'm glad everyone is getting help here!Be sure to send a thanks from the "THANKS" button! :biggrin:

BTW I was showing some people online,and people kept on saying that I was going to get banned from LIVE for modding L$D or just tampering with XSATA,

If anyone could clarify this up for me and other people please?THANKS!:?

• Like Like x 1
  7. wan5

wan5 Member

Ratings:
    Of course you run the risk of getting banned, your modding something, regardless of what your modding for example, saves, network or profile related.

The only way you can garauntee that you wont be banned is by leaving everything alone and using it only as intended by microsoft.

Weather you actually get banned or not for this hack is a gamble, you may you, may not... Im not banned, nor anyone i know, but it does'nt mean we wont end up banned.

Suck it up or screw it back together i say, you can always get a new box or account easy enough, if thats not an option for you then i would obviously advise you not to attempt any sort of cheat, glitch, hack or mod

8. OP
    Canadian Piro

Ratings:
    :thumbup:

so Basicly you're saying if i tamper with meh box or with XSATA/XPORT i COULD get banned..One more thing,do they ban your account,xbox,hardrive,ip address,or what?
    please SPECIFY what ones..THANK YOU!

9. Lewie4

Lewie4 Getting There

Ratings:
    U wont get banned unless u r really unlucky and u r playing someone from valve.

P.S. i dont understnad and i will message u on xbox live so u can help my G.T. is KAC Lewie:smile:

10. P8BALLER4LIFE01

P8BALLER4LIFE01 Newbie

Ratings:
  11. Lewie4

Lewie4 Getting There

Ratings:
    yep i got it working but the only problem is that the con resigner you get with it does not work anymore:frown::frown::frown: but thanks anyway

12. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    This works? I'll try it when I get home, Good Job Piro.

• Like Like x 1
  13. a lazy hitman

a lazy hitman Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah, does it still work? It's been a month since the last post on whether it works or not.

14. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    So I've seen on this site, you take credit for others work twice, and now you show that you have never attempted to mod before?

15. feralnub

feralnub Newbie

Ratings:
    I have never read anything on this site beside some good ole orange box hacking, but I can read what he said. he was asking if he can be banned for the stuff he has already done. he just seems to not use the english language well.

16. a lazy hitman

a lazy hitman Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So does this still work or did they fix it? I tried it and got it to say Countdown, but the mods still didnt work in game.

17. going down00

going down00 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    this thread is old thay released another patch that fix modding all together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.