• Thread starter MLP Assassins
  • Start date
  • Views 14,789
MLP Assassins

MLP Assassins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello this is going to be my tutorial on how to jtag a xbox 360 i shall display how to do HDMI and NON-HDMI consoles yes i know that lots of tutorials have been done before but i would like to make my own in hoping that it will be much more straight fowards and i will try to use all of my own pictures if not i will give a source link and if you do have a problem with this then please do message me but anyway lets start. (I am triing to do this tutorials on a old rrod board so my console is not exploitable i will just be explainging and showing what you will have to do roughley)
Requirements Needed to Jtag
A Jtagable Xbox 360 console
2 Switching Diodes
3 Pieces Of Wire
Nand-X
A Soldering Iron
Solder
Flux (Optional)
HotGlue Gun And Hot Glue (optional)
Solder
And The ablility to follow this tutorial step for step
Step 1:
You are going to need a jtaggable Xbox 360 Which has to be On a dashboard of 7371 or lower Down Below will be a link to a picture of one of the exploitable dash versions
gallery_285041_202_11391_zps03ba6e09.jpg

Step 2:
We are going to need to clean up the nand reading points then apply some flux and the nand-x wires.
2013-03-03023135_zps82fe6131.jpg

2013-03-03023148_zps92a108a2.jpg

While we are soldering we can apply the jtag hack just simply solder one diode to one piece of wire then solder the other diode to another wire now we have our wires all prepared lets start.You are going to need to find the J2D2 point on the motherboard next to the gpu then solder the correct wires to the correct places as pictured makeing sure the black line on the diodes are facing away from the J2D2 point as pictured below make sure that your console looks the same as my diagram when you are finnished.
Non-HDMI
2013-03-03025804_zps80b2deff.jpg

2013-03-03025747_zpsd2cbc5ba.jpg

HDMI
2013-03-03031905_zpsd0511b35.jpg

2013-03-03032240_zpsdd7593f8.jpg

Step 4:
Now we have everything soldered in. its time to get onto the computer we need to open J-Runner we need to have our nand-x plugged in (make sure you have your power cable plugged into your xbox 360 BUT DONT TURN IT ON.)Then click read nand
2013-03-03030730_zps4e67ba45.jpg

2013-03-03033553_zps75bfc393.jpg

Step 5:
Once you have to Full Nand Dumps tick the jtag box then click create xell-reloaded ignore the fact that i already have my cpukey.
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y443/TTG_Andrewwww15/Jtag%20Tutorial/2013-03-03034802_zps0067defa.jpg[/IIMG]
step 6:
Once you have created your xell image you are going to ant to click write xell-reloaded
[IMG]http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y443/TTG_Andrewwww15/Jtag%20Tutorial/2013-03-03034814_zps2b71ee6e.jpg
Step 7:
Now that you have written your xell image unplug your nand-x from the wires soldered on to the motherboard then plug you 360 into your tv and trun it on via the eject button you will see xell wait for it to fully load then you will see a bunch of numbers and letters like this
200px-Xell_fusesets_zpsa9164724.jpg

step 8: you are going to need to get a pen and a peice of paper and write this down you will see fusets 3 and 5 you need to write down these numbers and letters eg from the picture above

bdda98284330ff1973ab0692e9366b282
like that then type that into jrunner cpukey box like this
2013-03-03034830_zps6539e20a.jpg

Step 9:
after that you will need to click on tools then extarct files like this
2013-03-03034950_zps9ede124e.jpg

Step 10:
Change the dash version to wichever dashboared is the latest currentley that is 16203 then click create image like this
2013-03-03035348_zpse839c0f2.jpg

Step 11:
Then click write nand
2013-03-03035415_zps74e0f54e.jpg

Step 12:
enjoy your jtagged console if you have any errors please feel free to message me

A few notes if ou are having problems getting a good nand read/write try resoldering your wires and make sure you use flux and that your soldering iron is clean

Thankyou For Reading
Please do leave feedback would be nice after spending about 2 hours making this tutorial as i just want to make this the best tutorial possible to my standards

Last edited:
MLP Assassins

MLP Assassins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
sorry i copyied my thread from TTG i have now updated the links ill upload proof that it is my post now

MLP Assassins

MLP Assassins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Any Feedback would be much appreiciated guys and girls

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
If I were you id get the direct links to the images and then embed them in the post. Avoids all this clicking.

MLP Assassins

MLP Assassins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If I were you id get the direct links to the images and then embed them in the post. Avoids all this clicking.
Thankyou for the feedback but could you help me im not to sure how would i get the direct link and embed the pictures in the post

MLP Assassins

MLP Assassins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thankyou for the feedback guys now have all the links embbeded in the tutorial :smile:

M

MilitaryBrute

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey quick question I am completely new to all of this coding and modding everything I'll be the first to admit I'm a noob so I'm ready for the comments that may follow this question but I am running an xbox with a kernal of 2.0.16203.0 is there anyway to resest the kernel on my system because I have had my system for a long time so I'm sure there was a point when it was under 7371.

MLP Assassins

MLP Assassins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey quick question I am completely new to all of this coding and modding everything I'll be the first to admit I'm a noob so I'm ready for the comments that may follow this question but I am running an xbox with a kernal of 2.0.16203.0 is there anyway to resest the kernel on my system because I have had my system for a long time so I'm sure there was a point when it was under 7371.
ok i understand were you are coming from everyone has to start somwhere but unfortunatley no there is not away of resseting your dash/kernal unless you had a nand read of that console when it was on the dashboard 7371 or lower if you had a xbox which was on a dashboard higher than 7371 or lower than 14719 then you could do the hack known as the rgh (Reset Glitch Hack) there are also many tutorials on this but i dont know too much about but currentley 16203 is the llatest dahboard and is not exploitab;e at all sorry

A Toast

Nikexv2

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I didnt want to say anything, but ya it looks like the tip was jammed into the sides of the points so that just random parts of the board around them are burnt :|
Some people need to get better with their soldering skills, it's not even that hard, you need a correct tip an steady hand and good solder (I don't use liquid flux anymore, I'm better without it and my soldering is very well without using it.)
He should grab an old mobo and start soldering some tiny parts, that's how i learned it by myself. Poor Xbox motherboard by the way...

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Some people need to get better with their soldering skills, it's not even that hard, you need a correct tip an steady hand and good solder (I don't use liquid flux anymore, I'm better without it and my soldering is very well without using it.)
He should grab an old mobo and start soldering some tiny parts, that's how i learned it by myself. Poor Xbox motherboard by the way...
I agree. I think a main problem that a lot of people have is that they use too big of a tip and a shity iron.

A Toast

Nikexv2

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree. I think a main problem that a lot of people have is that they use too big of a tip and a ****y iron.
If I have some spare time I think I'm gonna write a tut with soldering basics and how to learn it by yourself. It's an major issue on tx forums, half of them are burnt off pads... Kind of pathetic since xecuter is saying that you need an minimum soldering knowledge... And you need correct tools, no one can work with crappy tools.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
If I have some spare time I think I'm gonna write a tut with soldering basics and how to learn it by yourself. It's an major issue on tx forums, half of them are burnt off pads... Kind of pathetic since xecuter is saying that you need an minimum soldering knowledge... And you need correct tools, no one can work with crappy tools.
Ya lol I have seen plenty of pictures over there and MY GOD some are HORRID.

MLP Assassins

MLP Assassins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
tbh bro im not bad at soldering usually just this is a ****** board and i couldnt find my newer soldering iron at the time so i just took my old one wich has like a screw driver type head and i didnt realy bother the looks of it it was jusst to show were the wires should be and last but not least it was 5 oclock in the morning and i hadnt been to sleep so yeah if you guys are realy that bothered by it when i find my new soldering iron i will take some new pictures

Top Bottom
Login
Register