Tutorial [TUTORIAL] How to convert GTA V BLUS to BLES

Respect_Cartman

Respect_Cartman

Project Mayhem!!
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

*** Updated for GTA V Update 1.23 ***

Many modders are looking for proper instructions to convert GTAV from BLUS to BLES simply because BLES has better support and mods. So here is a tutorial to guide you step by step through the process.

1. Extract contents of the downloaded package on a USB drive (extract them in the same folder to avoid confusion).

2. Open Multiman (or equivalent) go to PS3 File manager and go to the following folder:
HDD_DEV00/GAMES/BLUS31156-[Grand Theft Auto V]/PS3_GAME/

Replace PARAM.SFO with PARAM.SFO supplied in “GAMES” folder that you have extracted on your USB Drive.

Similarly, replace “EBOOT.BIN” located in HDD_DEV00 /GAMES/ BLUS31156-[Grand Theft Auto V]/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/

With EBOOT.BIN supplied in “games” folder of your extracted package.

3. Once both files are replaced, Rename your BLUS31156-[Grand Theft Auto V] folder to
BLES01807-[Grand Theft Auto V]

Note: Write down the “BLUSXXXX” (if your BLUS version is different for any reason)as you may need it in next few steps

4. Go to HDD_DEV00/game/. Within this folder you should have two folders: BLUS31156 and BLUS31156_install

5. Copy PARAM.SFO located in “game/_install” folder from extracted package and paste it over the existing PARAM.SFO in BLUS31156_install folder.

6. Rename your BLUS31156_install folder to BLES01807_install

7. Go the BLUS31156 folder and replace PARAM.SFO with PARAM.SFO supplied in “game” folder of extracted package

8. Locate EBOOT.BIN in BLUS31156/game/USRDIR/ and replace it with EBOOT.BIN supplied in “game” folder of the extracted package.

9. Rename BLUS31156 folder to BLES01807

10. Exit File manage, Refresh and Load game through Multiman. Game will download updates and Now you should be on BLES.

Package now contains CEX & DEX conversion folders.

Remember: Make backups of all your files that you are about to replace.

Warning: All your Game saves will be lost due to the region change. You can download a BLES game save for GTA and store it on your PS3 to avoid replaying the tutorial.

Credits:
Renton @ NGU for initial skinny TUT.
Myself for refining the Tutorial, updating files and finding workaround for errors.
All my fellow members of Project Mayhem

** All the haters can click on "back" button of their browser and pretend this thread doesn't exist **

Note: If you are getting a 80010017 or any other incompatibility errors than follow these steps:

1. Delete update/content files from Game Data Utility.
2. Clear your game cache by using Multiman.
3. Manually update game through multiman's update function and install the new update manually.

When you will run your game from XMB, it will download and replace all the missing or corrupted files and you should be able to start the game with no further issues.

Hope This Helps!

Last edited:
jasonstorm

jasonstorm

Reaction score
Sin$
I NEED HELP PLEASE!.........
I dont have a blus install folder and its becouse i need the PARAM file but the file dont work. maybe im putting it in the wrong spot but i dont know, can someone tell me where to put the PARAM file and what may be wrong???????

Respect_Cartman

Respect_Cartman

Project Mayhem!!
Reaction score
Sin$
I NEED HELP PLEASE!.........
I dont have a blus install folder and its becouse i need the PARAM file but the file dont work. maybe im putting it in the wrong spot but i dont know, can someone tell me where to put the PARAM file and what may be wrong???????

Download from the link I have posted above. Follow Steps just as I explained them and it should work :smile:

jasonstorm

jasonstorm

Reaction score
Sin$
i have the BLES1807 but not the install, im told it works if i only replace the PARAM.......... not sure, 
Download from the link I have posted above. Follow Steps just as I explained them and it should work :smile:
i have the BLES1807 but not the install, im told it works if i only replace the PARAM.......... not sure,

Driddy

Driddy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$

no you must change eboot also not just param.sfo being that there's a blus and bles eboot

M

MocahNutz

I don't give a #2!!
Reaction score
Sin$
Shouldn't have to change to a debugged eboot.bin if on CEX. Correct? I didn't change the eboot and converted with no issues.

Driddy

Driddy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Shouldn't have to change to a debugged eboot.bin if on CEX. Correct? I didn't change the eboot and converted with no issues.

na i never used a debugged eboot on CEX.. i always thought debugged EBOOTS was for DEX...

V

veritassdg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

Many modders are looking for proper instructions to convert GTAV from BLUS to BLES simply because BLES has better support and mods. So here is a tutorial to guide you step by step through the process.

1. Extract contents of the downloaded package on a USB drive (extract them in the same folder to avoid confusion).

2. Open Multiman (or equivalent) go to PS3 File manager and go to the following folder:
HDD_DEV00/GAMES/BLUS31156-[Grand Theft Auto V]/PS3_GAME/

Replace PARAM.SFO with PARAM.SFO supplied in “Games” folder that you have extracted on your USB Drive.

Similarly, replace “EBOOT.BIN” located in HDD_DEV00 /GAMES/ BLUS31156-[Grand Theft Auto V]/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/

With EBOOT.BIN supplied in “games” folder of your extracted package.

3. Once both files are replaced, Rename your BLUS31156-[Grand Theft Auto V] folder to
BLES01807-[Grand Theft Auto V]

Note: Write down the “BLUSXXXX” (if your BLUS version is different for any reason)as you may need it in next few steps

4. Go to HDD_DEV00/game/BLUS31156. Within this folder you should have two folders: BLUS31156 and BLUS31156_install

5. Copy PARAM.SFO located in “_install” folder from extracted package and paste it over the existing PARAM.SFO in BLUS31156_install folder.

6. Rename your BLUS31156_install folder to BLES01807_install

7. Go the BLUS31156 folder and replace PARAM.SFO with PARAM.SFO supplied in “Game” folder of extracted package

8. Locate EBOOT.BIN in BLUS31156/game/USRDIR/ and replace it with EBOOT.BIN supplied in “Game” folder of the extracted package.

9. Rename BLUS31156 folder to BLES01807

10. Exit File manage, Refresh and Load game through Multiman. Game will download updates and Now you should be on BLES.

Remember: Make backups of all your files that you are about to replace.

Warning: All your Game saves will be lost due to the region change.

Credit: Main Credit for a skinny on this TUT and uploading package goes to Renton, I have refined and organized the step and added a Virus Scan.

** All the haters can click on "back" button of their browser and pretend this thread doesn't exist **

Hope This Helps!

Done, ty

raymo2u

raymo2u

GTA5 MASTER WIZARD
Reaction score
Sin$
need some help with converting...trying again, ive copied my game to USB and have folders filled with their contents:BLES01807-[Grand Theft Auto v], BLES01807, and BLES01807_install. well when I load it up it gives me this error 'You cannot play this game at the current Video setting' and if I use a disc and BDMirror/external it says Unsupported data with the '?' icon.....sooo what am I to do?

Respect_Cartman

Respect_Cartman

Project Mayhem!!
Reaction score
Sin$
need some help with converting...trying again, ive copied my game to USB and have folders filled with their contents:BLES01807-[Grand Theft Auto v], BLES01807, and BLES01807_install. well when I load it up it gives me this error 'You cannot play this game at the current Video setting' and if I use a disc and BDMirror/external it says Unsupported data with the '?' icon.....sooo what am I to do?

Check your inbox

Troy0423

Troy0423

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Followed Every step told restarted my ps3 tryed playing gta v and it is unable to start operation and i do not have the original files. what do i do...

Driddy

Driddy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
it wont even let me start the game and sometimes it says i need to update to 1.12 it will update and then say the update was already installed

like raymo said.. go into multiman or whatever manager you use, hover over gta 5 and look for the option to copy game to HDD and then start over if you like

Top Bottom
Login
Register