• Views 8,871
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam8528

Cam8528

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
First off, Credit goes to Retrix for the original tut. I just made an easy to follow guide with pics for newbies.
OKAY! So you want to mod your clan tag...

In this tutorial you will find out how to mod your clan tag to whatever you please (swears, weird characters, etc.)

To start, you have to retrieve your profile off your 360's hard drive via a data migration kit (transfer kit, in other words). Heres how:

1runasadministrator.jpg
2findingprofile.jpg

Just navigate through the folders shown. once you get to the Content folder in partition 3, you have to locate the profile you will be modding.
(in vista, please start Xplorer360 in "run as administrator" mode)

In the next step, you will copy your profile to a secure place in your computer. *MAKE SURE YOU COPY THE PROFILE INTO ANOTHER PLACE FOR A BACKUP... I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH*

3copyprofile.jpg

After you have created a backup and a profile to mod, we have to open it in a hex editor. We will be using HxD.

4openprofile.jpg

After you have opened the profile you're going to mod, search for "welcome"
5motdsearch.jpg

HxD should display something like this once you've found the Modern Warfare 2 Message of the Day.
6foundclantag.jpg

(i apologise for the clan tag above. i did not realize that my friend had changed it from my previous clan tag.)
----------------------------------------------------------

Now we will begin to mod.
The vertical black lines show where to begin and end the overwriting of the original clan tag. the four letters/symbols that are your clan tag are the four that we are going to change. if you have less than four letters/symbols, you can only change those three letters.
I typed a swear word in for my clan tag. I blurred it out. its the F word.
7editclantag1.jpg

the yellow square around "05" is unimportant. please ignore it. I also realize that the red bracket to the far left is too far left by one. sorry.
--------------------------------------------------------

Once you have changed THAT clan tag, you must search for others, by pressing F3. if you do not return any results, you are ok. if you have more that one MW2 MOTD, be sure to change the clan tag following it to the same text as you did to the first clan tag.
8editclantag2.jpg

Now, save the file.
It is time to calculate hash blocks, and resign.

open your Hash Block Calculator, and do as the picture shows:
9calchashblocks.jpg

Finally, Resign your rehashed profile in Modio.

Overwrite your newly Modded, Rehashed, and Resigned profile to your old profile that is still located in your HDD. (delete the old file, right click, inject file, and navigate to the modded profile)

Load up MW2, And Go to an xbox live lobby, then BAM! you've got a clan tag with a swear word, or weird symbol in it.

CONGRATZ!
Troubleshooting:
My profile is corrupted or has zero gamerscore when i sign into live.
A. you didnt rehash/resign, or you over/under sized your profile when hexing. Go back and copy your backup file and start from scratch.

I forgot to make a backup and my profile was fuxored!!!
A. You are an idiot and deserve to be slapped. Recover your profile and start again if you wish.

It didnt work.
A. Honestly, i dont really care too much. either you did something wrong, or this guide is incorrect. post a correction in the thread.

Phr33 c00k13? r u d0 1t for m3h???!?!?!?!1/11??!/!?!/11/?
A. no free cookie for you. go away nub.

Thanks for reading, and have a nice day. :thumbup:

H

HellDefender

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It didn't work for me, but I am an amateur at modding, so I probably Fukt up. Thanks for the awesome tut thought, was very easy to follow.

Semerie

Semerie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
this is so simple how can u not be able to do it?

B

bballa03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There has been at least 5 tuts on this, mods sticky one of em and be done with it

Mudkip

Mudkip

The Mudkip
Reaction score
Sin$
is there anyway to mod the Button signs like X,Y,B and A, into your clan tag?

Young Money

Young Money

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think you can anymore Mudkip and there are already Topics and Vids on how to do this, it is pretty easy to do so you don't really need images. But it helps people new to hexing, etc.

ALSO, isn't it easier to type in your current clantag instead of Welcome? xD

Cam8528

Cam8528

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
OKAY EVERYONE!!! thanks for viewing the tut and sorry for not replying immediately... i posted this last night, woke up late in the morning, and my houses power went out. (it was really windy outside) then it went back up, and cable tv, internet, telephones, etc. was out. i just finished eating fondue and i can now answer questions anybody may have.
1. BBalla03's idea of stickying
A. I think that that is a great idea

2. HellDefender's issue
A. I'm sorry to hear that, but just try again... make sure you change ALL of the clan tags as shown in the step where you hit F3 to search again

3. Search for your clan tag
A. Searching for your clan tag IS an effective way, but the only problem is that you may have different clan tags in your MW2 section in your profile. In mine, i had three sections to modify my MW2 Clan tag, and they were different. in my opinion, searching for the MW2 MOTD is better because of the diff clan tags

4. Mudkip,
A. Like Nicksta69 said, i do not believe it is possible, but please give it a shot and reply back

5. Viciiouss's thought on IW clan tag.
A. as far as i know, it should work.

again, thanks for looking and dont forget to hit the "Thanks" button. :thumbup:

EDIT!!!!!:
constructive criticizim is welcomed, but no flaming (to me, or other members)
lets not scare away teh narbz
Contact me on xbl: GermanKaiserCam

Cam8528

Cam8528

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ZyGoMaTiC said:
Yes, any clan tag will work.
Except! the symbols like (A) (B) (X) (Y) (LS) etc etc etc. (again, correct me if i am wrong.)

ZyGo

ZyGo

Gettin' Keify
VIP
Retired
Forum Addict Platinum Record Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Cam8528 said:
Except! the symbols like (A) (B) (X) (Y) (LS) etc etc etc. (again, correct me if i am wrong.)
Thats right, but i didnt think anyone would get that technical. :tongue:

Cam8528

Cam8528

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ZyGoMaTiC said:
Thats right, but i didnt think anyone would get that technical. :tongue:

Yeah, but i just was making sure that the beginners didn't get confused and angry and flame me for not giving them a free cookie. I remember when i was a beginner to modding, and i needed LOTS of help, but all i had was some write ups/tuts with not-so-easy to follow instructions. I am just trying to provide support and reasurrance to the people that needed it.
ANYWAY! Im gona go play some MW2 with my F word clan tag. add me if you wana play / see proof. (GT: a guy on roids)

Thatoneguy69

Thatoneguy69

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im getting an error message saying USER DEFINED KEY VAULT NOT FOUND
when i try and resign it, any suggestions?

ZyGo

ZyGo

Gettin' Keify
VIP
Retired
Forum Addict Platinum Record Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Thatoneguy69 said:
What program are you using to resign it?
It means the kv.bin file isnt in the same folder as the resigner.exe file.

Joshrpg

Josh RPG

Qahnaarin
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
some people have there clan tag in there profile 2 times if that helps anyone

Cam8528

Cam8528

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thatoneguy69 said:

i was getting an error message with CONcept 0.3
i dont know what resigner you are using, but i resorted to modio because of the glitch i had in concept. try calculating hash blocks, then resigning in modio.

Josh RPG said:
some people have there clan tag in there profile 2 times if that helps anyone

i was addressing that in the part where you press F3 to search for other message of the days. in theory, yes that is was i was getting to - i was just making it simpler to understand instead of "you have 2 clan tags in ur profile."

sorry if i was insulting, no intentions... just pointing that out :biggrin:

Thatoneguy69

Thatoneguy69

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is so frusterating now my gt isnt showing up when i plug my hdd drive in, can someone teamview and do this for me? My aim is datblackcracker PLEASE HELP!

Cam8528

Cam8528

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thatoneguy69 said:
This is so frusterating now my gt isnt showing up when i plug my hdd drive in, can someone teamview and do this for me? My aim is datblackcracker PLEASE HELP!

FIRST OFF: i hope u made a backup. SECOND! your profile is corrupted because of a few possible reasons. 3rd i have aim and i will talk to u on it right now.

just get on aim and i'll help ya out.
OR
if you have another gt, with live, just log onto it and add a guy on roids as a friend.

either way, i CAN help you.

EDIT:
problem solved. he figured it out himself.

C

CHUMP014

Reaction score
Sin$
hahaha BTW the IW clan tag will not work by doing this (Just a Heads Upp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register