tut on main menu text editing/changing

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Mod Help' started by Densefire, Nov 29, 2008 with 7 replies and 591 views.

1. Densefire

Densefire Newbie

Ratings:
    I have been looking all day on how to change text on the main menu UI on halo 2. I particularly want to change the text where you start up halo 2 and it says "Halo 2" and under that it says "Press start to continue"

Any replies appreciated, thanks in advance!

2. belorix

belorix Newbie

Ratings:
    I'm trying to figure out basically the same thing, and Ive had no luck :cursing:

3. OP
    Densefire

Densefire Newbie

Ratings:
    darn... I'm still looking:thumbdown:

4. Distorted Hope

Distorted Hope Enthusiast

Ratings:
    what you have to do is edit the bitmap in mainmenu.map that says "halo 2" to something else and you have to open mainmenu.map in a program that lets you edit text strings and edit the part that says "press start to continue" (sorry i cant think of a program that lets you edit text strings its been a while since i modded halo 2.)

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    Densefire

Densefire Newbie

Ratings:
    Thanks Pointless! at least I have the general concept of it all.

Now if someone can tell me which bitmap to edit. I've looked at every bitmap and none of the previews look like it.

6. Distorted Hope

Distorted Hope Enthusiast

Ratings:
    thats odd that you cant find it because i found it one day in dothalo without even trying i was just bored and f***ing around in mainmenu.map

7. sacretes

sacretes Newbie

Ratings:
    "Halo 2" is a bitmap, as stated before me.
    the 'press start to continue' you will need do hex edit... a good hex editor for things such as this would be 'blu' because it re-writes the values for you so you can have your text longer than it was before.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NicksMods

NicksMods Contributor

Ratings:
    in the mainmenu.map open the btmp tag (I'm using entity) and scroll down till you see something along the lines of "halo 2 or bitmap/halo2" or something and if you have the right 1 it will have the h2 logo in the right side (again I'm using entity) if not keep looking and edit it the same way you would skin something use this tut :thumbup:
    Skinning halo 2 with gimp and when your done skinning internalize and inject back into the map