What's new

Tutorial [TUT][JTAG] How to play multi-disc games without having to swap discs on a JTAG Xbox

• Thread starter Stupiditility
  • Start date
  • Views 90,009
S

Stupiditility

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well this was basically posted in my tutorial on how to play Mass Effect 2 on a JTAGed console without disc switching and game reading problems which can be seen HERE.
If you have any problems, please refer to the Troubleshooting section at the bottom of this post.

Epquiptment:
JTAGed Xbox 360 console runnning XBReboot or freeBOOT
XeXMenu
External hard drive
Multi-disc game
Xbox360game hack
Basket ball
Basket ball ring
Water

So once you've got all of that (which shouldn't be hard at all, so don't complain) its time to get started :smile:

Step 1: Turn on your JTAGed console and go to Games Library >>> Game Demos and start up XeXMenu
NOTE: make sure your external hard drive is pluged into your console

Step 2: Navigate your way to your external hard drive and then open up your games folder (assuming you have one... if you don't, make one, and put all your games in there) and then press (Y) and create a new folder and call it whatever game your ripping.

Step 3: After you've created the game name folder and are currnetly in it, press (Y) again and select "Copy DVD". Your 360's dvd tray will open up and put in DISC 1 of your multi-disc game then press "confirm" and let the game rip to the game name folder.

Step 4: Go shoot some hoops for 20 minutes because theres sh*t all else to do while the game copies... when finsihed, make sure to take a drink to keep hydrated :thumbup:
(NOW the basketball stuff in the equpitment makes sense doesnt it :wink: )

Step 5: After its finished copying and your rehydrated, stay in the same folder you just riped DISC 1 to, and select "Copy DVD" again. Now put in DISC 2 and select confirm (and "yes" to overwrite any common/same files)

Step 6: Refer to Step 4...

Step 7: Once you have DISC 1 and 2 ripped to the same folder, just to be safe, unplug your external hard drive from your 360 and plug it into your computer and run Xbox 360 game hack on the folder you ripped your game to.
NOTE: Don't worry about any errors

Step 8: Plug your hard drive into your 360, and get playing!!!

Troubleshooting:

YOU: I followed your tutorial EXACTLY to the dot, yet my game doesn't play. What gives!?
ME: I've had this happen to me as well, just delete the $SystemUpdate folder in the folder that your game was ripped. It SHOULD work now, if not, Im sorry I don't know whats wrong:frown:

Thanks for reading, hope this helps you guys out but Im just glad to be putting back into the community :smile:
Please don't steal, give me (Stupiditility) and 7S credit where due

xbh1h2

xbh1h2

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Re: [TUT][JTAG] How to play multi-disc games without having to swap discs on a JTAG X

Kick ***! Thanks.

S

Stupiditility

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Re: [TUT][JTAG] How to play multi-disc games without having to swap discs on a JTAG X

Hahaha, no problem dude, glad I could help you out :smile:

M

MikeyCANTclutch

Reaction score
Sin$

wow thats kewl

X

xP1GxB3N1Sx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

i haven't tried this personally but it seems like it would work and its well written

S

Stupiditility

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

xP1GxB3N1Sx said:
i haven't tried this personally but it seems like it would work and its well written
thanks for that man, its always good to know if my tutorials are easy to follow and well written :smile:

X

Xirix

Reaction score
Sin$

Thanks for the easy to follow guide, I'll report back in a few days or so to say if it worked for Final Fantasy XIII, though if it does work.. I won't know when Disc 1 ends, heh.

S

Stupiditility

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

mmmmm cant wait till FF!!!:thumbup:
thats gonna be one helluva long a55 install:thumbdown:

X

Xirix

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, this works with Final Fantasy XIII, I didn't even see a 'change to next disc' prompt, though it does ask you to save beforehand. :smile:

T

TeamWasabi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm trying this for Final Fantasy.. I installed the first disc without any problems, when I try the 2nd or 3rd disc, it just brings me back to the usb root directory.. Anyone having a similar problem or know a solution?

speedy11131

speedy11131

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Doesn't it overwrite the default.xex when you copy the 2nd and (possibly) 3rd discs over? Or am I missing something here?

S

Stupiditility

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm trying this for Final Fantasy.. I installed the first disc without any problems, when I try the 2nd or 3rd disc, it just brings me back to the usb root directory.. Anyone having a similar problem or know a solution?
uhmm are you making a final fantasy 13 folder and rippping disc 1 into that? then rip disc 2 and 3 into the same one and it should work

ALSO: ive heard of a few problems with this, some files on disc1, 2 and 3 are all called the same but vary in size.

Ill install all the discs to my harddrive and make a GOD package out of that because that way it shouldnt mix up any files or anything

speedy11131

speedy11131

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I installed FF13 seems to work fine (for now, just started game)

However, did the merging / overwriting for Forza 3, (basically, extracted 1st DVD to folder on USB hard drive, extracted 2nd to same folder)

it asks me to Insert DVD 1 when I run it... :frown:

Any ideas? I think I'm running into same problem as Stupiditility...

S

Stupiditility

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I installed FF13 seems to work fine (for now, just started game)

However, did the merging / overwriting for Forza 3, (basically, extracted 1st DVD to folder on USB hard drive, extracted 2nd to same folder)

it asks me to Insert DVD 1 when I run it... :frown:

Any ideas? I think I'm running into same problem as Stupiditility...
well i dont have any problems cos i havnt tried forza 3 and i dont have FF13.
BUT i would try installing disc 1 to stock harddrive. then install disc 2 and make a GOD package and run it like that.

K

kaymm2

Reaction score
Sin$
well i dont have any problems cos i havnt tried forza 3 and i dont have FF13.
BUT i would try installing disc 1 to stock harddrive. then install disc 2 and make a GOD package and run it like that.

To run Forza entirely from hdd, here's what I did. copy the contents of to your usb external hdd. ex. usb:\\games\forza 3.

Then for disc 2, there is a content folder. Copy that to your internal hdd, hdd:\\content\000000000000\xxxxxxxx, it looks for the 4 huge files from this location.

Another option is to burn disc 2 and when you play forza for the first time, it'll ask you to install the contents from disc 2, which will go into hdd:\\content as well.

M

Malone2006

Reaction score
Sin$
Great tut! Very helpful. I just have one question. Is it possible to take the finished project and make it into a GOD container? If so, please explain or point me to correct tut.

R

rumsey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, this works with Final Fantasy XIII, I didn't even see a 'change to next disc' prompt, though it does ask you to save beforehand. :smile:

Well I'm about to try this and I hope you're right, because right now my 360 just hangs after a certain cutscene on a beach. I have a feeling this is the end of disc 1 but no real way to test. I'm going to copy disc 2 in to the same folder now, but I'm worried because some files have the same name but differ by over a gigabyte! It certainly seems like that should cause problems but we'll see.

DopePope

DopePope

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
K i did this for disc one on FF13. After installing the first disc i ran it just to make sure it worked. Worked fine but when i exited to dashboard and was gunna go back to XeXMenu and put the other 2 disc's in the folder, XeXMenu wouldnt load. It just black screened and froze. I'm thinkin mayb i put my Gmaes folder in the wrong place. I put it just inside my Partition 3 with my EMUS and Content Folder's. Is that the right place?

DopePope

DopePope

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
K I Fixed my XeXMenu I just had to reinstall it. But I tried this with both Final Fantasy and Mass Effect 2. When I go to rip Disc 2 I go to Copy DVD right in the the same folder, I click Confirm and it just goes right back to my HDD1. What gives? So what I then tried with Final Fantasy was Make a folder for each disc then just Manually Copy and Paste the files from disc 2 and 3 into Disc one folder. It asked me to overwrite and i clicked accept cause Xirix said all the default.xex's were the same. So when I ran it, it didn't work it loaded up then then asked me to insert disc one. Can someone who successfully got all 3 disc to rip into the same folder and got it to work please tell me what you did. I have wasted like 5 hrs on this lol.

Top Bottom
Login
Register