• Start date
  • Views 63,102
Dr Death

Dr Death

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Precautions;
As with anything that writes or modifies the nand it is possible for a error to occur which may cause E79. This can be fixed by either using a LPT cable or USB-SPI flasher, you can even use Xellous to re-write your last working nand, but in most bad flash cases Xellous is not functional. You follow this tutorial at your own risk; I am not responsible for anything bad that may happen to your console. This is the way I have updated my own and other peoples JTAGs and you should be fine if all steps are followed correctly. Now with that out of the way, on with the tutorial .​

____________________________________________________​

Things you will need;
Usb flash drive (1GB or more)​
A Windows computer​
Your SMC hacked console (commonly called JTAG)​

____________________________________________________​

Part 1, Loading up Flash 360;
Download Flash 360 and copy all the files on to your USB drive.
Insert your USB drive into your XBOX and run XEXMenu.
Navigate to your USB drive by pressing RB and then use the dpad to pick USB0 (may be different if you have more than one USB drive inserted)
Launch Flash360.xex

R

RyanTheMan

Reaction score
Sin$
Does it matter if you use a donor nand? I had my xbox JTAG-ed by someone who messed up my original NAND. He used a donor NAND, and now it works perfectly. He send me the nand and cpu-key of my xbox, and when I use this NAND in easy freeboot, I get Keyvault errors at the end of the easy freeboot procedure... It does save the new flashdmp though. I am afraid to use this file, as it gave errors in easy freeboot.

I haven't tried to get the current nand from my jtag yet. Does it matter if a donor nand is used on my xbox if I want to backup the one that is currently used on my jtag(with flash360) and use this one in Easy freeboot?

Thanks(and hope I made myself clear :smile: )

Good tutorial btw, thanx!

Dr Death

Dr Death

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Does it matter if you use a donor nand? I had my xbox JTAG-ed by someone who messed up my original NAND. He used a donor NAND, and now it works perfectly. He send me the nand and cpu-key of my xbox, and when I use this NAND in easy freeboot, I get Keyvault errors at the end of the easy freeboot procedure... It does save the new flashdmp though. I am afraid to use this file, as it gave errors in easy freeboot.

I haven't tried to get the current nand from my jtag yet. Does it matter if a donor nand is used on my xbox if I want to backup the one that is currently used on my jtag(with flash360) and use this one in Easy freeboot?

Thanks(and hope I made myself clear :smile: )

Good tutorial btw, thanx!
i have a donor nand on the one in this video as the guy who tryed to jtag it faild = win for me as it was cheap. dump your current nand and see if you still get errors. and as your unfamiliar with lpt/usb spi as somebody else jtaged it if you get kv errors dont flash it to your console. also try using this tut to create a new nand if you still get errors. this is how i built the nand for mine and it works perfect.

R

RyanTheMan

Reaction score
Sin$
i have a donor nand on the one in this video as the guy who tryed to jtag it faild = win for me as it was cheap. dump your current nand and see if you still get errors. and as your unfamiliar with lpt/usb spi as somebody else jtaged it if you get kv errors dont flash it to your console. also try using this tut to create a new nand if you still get errors. this is how i built the nand for mine and it works perfect.

Thanks buddy! I'm going to try it soon, if I run into problems I'll let you know!

Cheers!

P.S. The tutorial video uses an ltp (2:52) connection in JTAG tool to JTAG his xbox, is this correct? Do I need to perform this step as well(re-JTAG my xbox), but then select USB instead of ltp?

Sorry if my questions sound stupid, I've never done this before...:smile:

Dr Death

Dr Death

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks buddy! I'm going to try it soon, if I run into problems I'll let you know!

Cheers!

P.S. The tutorial video uses an ltp (2:52) connection in JTAG tool to JTAG his xbox, is this correct? Do I need to perform this step as well(re-JTAG my xbox), but then select USB instead of ltp?

Sorry if my questions sound stupid, I've never done this before...:smile:
you just select lpt, your not using lpt as we are not flashing anything using jtag tool. and no you dont need to re-wire your lpt port

B

Brickedmyjtag

Reaction score
Sin$
This Bricked my Jtag DO NOT DO!!!
I had no problem with any other updates but this BRICKED my jtag.
I am one angry mother ******
Im just going to have to make a new one because of this.
DO NOT DO
DONT TAKE A CHANCE!!!

EDIT: READ: You need to make sure you have the right CPU key when you update it!
Or it will become bricked but if it does then you want to redo this over again and make sure you have the right CPU key in easy free boot then it on your flash drive NOT IN A FOLDER , Then turn off your jtag run xell by powering it on with the dvd drive then it should update follow what it says then when your done doing everything unplug your power cord for 25 seconds reboot and your done!

T

thrasherx

Reaction score
Sin$
Not to hijack the thread, but how do I get the avatar update installed without bricking my xbox? Since jailbreaking, I've been afraid to run any official Microsoft updates. I have two Xenons, running 13146, and 1 Falcon running 13599. R6T3 have been removed on both Xenons, but not on the Falcon. I've searched around and found differing answers. The conclusion I've made is that as long as I'm running the same update that I already have installed (via freeboot), it will only update the avatar portion. Help!

Dr Death

Dr Death

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
If you're asking me, it's because I don't have any avatars (just a gray silhouette).
to fix your avatars you must install the official update for your kernel. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE UPDATED TO 13599 BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE 13599 UPDATE FROM MICROSOFT AS YOU WILL BRICK YOUR JTAG.

Epiic Prodiigy

Epiic Prodiigy

Enthusiast
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Good job, but didn't adizzysniper release a more "stable" version of this?

Top Bottom
Login
Register