Sin$
How to mod MP
Tut by Doeboy278x
Mods by Arman

Requirements:

Flashed xbox
ability to burn games
wx 360 MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Modding pack http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c6a9edf2d8df274fc79b87b207592a1ce04e75f6e8ebb871
Gears of War 2 iso
Clone Cd Download CloneCD

Tutorial:
In this tutorial you will learn how to iso mod gears of war 2 multiplayer!

First: You'll need to download all the nessacary files. Once you have done that open up the gears of war 2 iso in wx 360. You should see this
pic1-1.jpg

Second:We will now be locating and replacing all of the files. We'll start off with the default.xex file. When you first open the game you should see it. Right click on it and hit replace file. Now locate your modded file and hit open. Wait till you see Done! Now move on to the next step.
pic2-1.jpg

Next we will replace the Xbox360TOC.txt (lmao the dumbasses use txt files!) . Click the plus next to the gears 2 iso. You'll see two folders appear under the iso. Click GearGame. You should now see the Xbox360TOC.txt . Right click it and hit Replace file.
pic3-1.jpg

Now we will replace the Coalesced_int.bin . This is located in the folder named CookedXenon which is within the folder named GearGame. You'll see a bunch Coalesced files. Fine the one that has _int and replace it with the modded one. Wait till it says Done! Your almost there!
pic4-1.jpg

Finally:
Your now ready to burn your iso. Open Clone CD. Click on write from image file and browse for your gears of war 2 .dvd . Once opened click next. Put a disc into your dvd burner (DVD-r DL). Select your dvd drive and hit next. Pick the burn speed and hit next. The disc will now begin to burn. Once it is done it will alert you

Congratulations! You can now put the disc into your xbox and either play private matches or go into ranked. Note: it will not work if your not host. There are plenty of tutorials for how to bridge host in the gears of war 2 bridging sub forum.

Credit goes to Arman for creating the mod pack and Doeboy278x for the tutorial.

WARNING!: You may get host banned if you are bridging host. I'm not sure if you will get banned for just bridging because I did standby a tad so use this at your own risk.

ENJOY!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spazT9qvusM[/ame]

Final Vid:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DN3STdRJK4[/ame]

jester

jester

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
Apparently you aren't supposed to replace the xex, just the other 2 files.

A

abusive

Reaction score
Sin$
jester_ said:

is this true cuz i dont wanna waste another verb

D

Doeboy1337

Reaction score
Sin$
jester_ said:
arman said to replace all files but i'm pretty sure it's not nessacary. I did and my disc works fine. I'll upload a vid if you guys want.

@abusive you did something wrong then

A

abusive

Reaction score
Sin$
i have done exaxtly what youve done in yer tut. game burns fine but wont load at all. are you stealth checking with abgx360? mine fails once i apply the mods

D

Doeboy1337

Reaction score
Sin$
abusive said:
i have done exaxtly what youve done in yer tut. game burns fine but wont load at all. are you stealth checking with abgx360? mine fails once i apply the mods
idk then. it could be the files i might of uploaded the wrong ones. i'll change the link right quick

jester

jester

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Doeboy278x said:
idk then. it could be the files i might of uploaded the wrong ones. i'll change the link right quick
The files cause the game to not load, even doing the 2 files method, it's all fake.

D

Doeboy1337

Reaction score
Sin$
k will upload vid then. Jester I talked to gabe and he told me how he did all this **** and it didn't work. He did something wrong then

Lost4468

Lost4468

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
The xex is signed like live files, thats why the disc isnt loading for you guys. Also you cant modify the other files because the checksum is stored in the xex...see where im going? And the video is just speeded up, if its not why does he not have inf ammo?

jester

jester

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Both of you are correct, gabe has been trying to explain this all day.

SKeTcHiESK8eR

SKeTcHiESK8eR

D2Vital
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
mojobojo said:
Why are you replacing an XEX with a modified one. That's a total fail, if you going to make something fake do some research first.

1. Xex's are signed by RSA 2048 private key (in other words, impossible to mod on retail)

2. The Coalesced INI files are checked by the XEX, which means that would will need a cracked XEX, which can only run on a dev kit.

3. The video is sped up, you can tell due to the fact a sped up video will show artifacts of non-game engine behavior that mods cannot change.

Oh and like the "Video Edit Magic Trial Version Please Buy", didn't give it away.

Not video edited, watch again. check melees, reload bar, etc..

chris213

chris213

Android™
Reaction score
Sin$
wow..
you can clearly tell the video isn't sped up because when he's running and reloads/melees its still normal speed, while he's still running super fast

C

C00LAR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol you guys are quick to shoot this down. Guess what your WRONG. on my first try i replaced all three files and i got the drity disk error, on my second try i replaced the _int file and the txt file but left out the .xex and ive been modding all day. call me a liar but i have no need to and i dont care if you believe me or not.

EDIT: if you want proof add my GT: o C 0 0 L E R o

M

mojobojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
C00LER said:
i replaced the _int file and the txt file but left out the .xex and ive been modding all day.

That's a lot more believable that the tut above. I finished off watching the video and still looking a bit fishy but I think its legit. Id like to see one without music and full GOW 2 sounds and show your on xbox live.

M

mackdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
works for me too if any one wants proof or even wants to play a modded game add me my GT ikill4free666 i`m online right now

IronFalcon92

IronFalcon92

Baedolfin
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit Fabled Veteran Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
Thread stuck....Thanks DoeBoy I was going to work on a TuT but never had the chance. Saves me time :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register