What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Tutorial [TuT] How to get HD(720p) on Youtube with an Easycap

• Thread starter Ripper
  • Start date
  • Views 7,029
Ripper

Ripper

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Programs needed:
- Ulead Video Studio
- Cyberlink PowerDirector

Step one:
Open up Ulead Studio and on the main screen make sure you DO tick 16:9 and then click on Movie Wizard.
70870394.jpg

Step two:
Click Capture and then click Options and go to "Video and Audio Capture Property Settings"
capde.jpg

opti.jpg

Step 3:
When in the Capture settings make sure all of your settings look similar or the same as mine.
scr1xr.jpg

scr2y.jpg

scr3h.jpg

Step four:
Go into the "Advanced" tab and set your settings to mine.
scr4j.jpg

**NOTE** Where my settings say NTSC, yours may need to be PAL depending on where you live.

After recording, open up Cyberlink PowerDirector

Step five:
Drag/Open your video clip into PowerDirector
cyb1.jpg

Step Six:
Click on your imported video and go to Fix/Enhance
fixe.jpg

Step Seven:
Click on "Video Enhancement" and set the slider as similar to mine as possible.
vidc.jpg

videg.jpg

DON'T set the slider too high or else your video will be over-sharpened and will look grainy.

Step Eight:
Go to "Produce" at the top and select .WMV
prod.jpg

wmv.jpg

Step Nine:
On the dropdown menu of "Profile Type" select either of the last two options.
win1j.jpg

win2.jpg

Step Ten:
After selecting the Profile Type, simply press "Start" and wait for it finish rendering and you can then Upload to Youtube or where ever else.
startmd.jpg

Here is a sample of the quality you can achieve after doing this:

Method figured out by me, tutorial written by me. Please don't post anywhere else without proper credit.

Operating System
  1. Windows
Chriss

Chriss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
did you record the tv with a video camera? because it sure doesn't look like you used a cap card.

Ripper

Ripper

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
did you record the tv with a video camera? because it sure doesn't look like you used a cap card.
It does like a capture card was used...
How would I be able to focus the camera perfectly on the tv so no parts of it are showing and make sure it doesn't move at all?

I

IxSPAWNxKILL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It does like a capture card was used...
How would I be able to focus the camera perfectly on the tv so no parts of it are showing and make sure it doesn't move at all?
with a camera bipod?

lx leo xl

lx leo xl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Pointless tutorial, all you are doing is getting the video and upscaling, meaning your wasting my bandwith on youtube with your ****** resolution

H

hitman12319

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I got an easy cap and I was set on making montages and taking videos with it. But when I try to install the program it says my resolution is too small. Anyway to fix this. I only has my netbook, so thats probly why. But i would like to start making vids of gameplay.

Luminate

Luminate

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Or you could just not buy an EasyCap. Dazzle's are better, and have higher quality.

Dazee

Dazee

The World Is Yours
Fabled Veteran Bright Idea Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
You can't get HD quality with a standard definition recording device.
This does nothing except for make the quality worse.

Or you could just not buy an EasyCap. Dazzle's are better, and have higher quality.
They're both SD recording devices, and i could get the same quality out of both capture cards, although i would have to use deifferent render settings.
You should get a HD PVR, this is alot better than everything.

Top Bottom
Login
Register