Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Someone will eventually. Hopefully :frown:

Ya probably, sorry for deviating your thread. Keep up the good work buddy :biggrin:

R

Redstone

Powered By Redstone
Reaction score
Sin$
It's not working for me I keep getting error code 50000 or 50001?

TheShakesster

TheShakesster

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Latios I have a problem with the Wifi Confiq It says both Ad-Hoc and Infrastructure but i can't click Infrastructure
I downloaded everything but it still doesn't work...:confused: I hope you can help me with my issue quickly:smile: And Thank You in Advance

C

Celoth

Reaction score
Sin$
First off, very helpful guide!

I've been googling my butt off for quite awhile this afternoon trying to figure this out, and while this guide is the most helpful, I'm still running into problems.

When I to the WFC setup menu and test connection, it will show the green connection icon briefly, then go red and fail. Sometimes this happens quickly, and I get an error 50000. Sometimes this takes awhile and the output menu will show lines that make me think it's gonna work (crap, we're gonna nuke a packet at ...) but then goes red and returns an error 52000 or 52100. My googling has brought up all sorts of solutions - run as admin, disable firewall, assign an IP address manually, etc. - and I've tried all this, to no avail.

Unfortunately, I don't have the right questions to ask, and I don't know what info to provide to help because of this, but do you have any ideas for me, and is there any other info I can provide to help clarify the problem I'm having?

Thanks a ton!

-- EDIT --

After a little bit longer searching the internet, I finally got it working. Had to do with the firmware save file not saving properly for me for some reason.

Last edited:
DarkAnt1

DarkAnt1

Reaction score
Sin$
The test connection starts out as green, then turns red! I get an error code 50000! Please help

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
hey my desktop has a wireless adapter on it, and i was wondering how i could get this to work

Dark TwizTid

Dark TwizTid

1 + 0 = 10
Seasoned Veteran Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
First off, very helpful guide!

I've been googling my butt off for quite awhile this afternoon trying to figure this out, and while this guide is the most helpful, I'm still running into problems.

When I to the WFC setup menu and test connection, it will show the green connection icon briefly, then go red and fail. Sometimes this happens quickly, and I get an error 50000. Sometimes this takes awhile and the output menu will show lines that make me think it's gonna work (crap, we're gonna nuke a packet at ...) but then goes red and returns an error 52000 or 52100. My googling has brought up all sorts of solutions - run as admin, disable firewall, assign an IP address manually, etc. - and I've tried all this, to no avail.

Unfortunately, I don't have the right questions to ask, and I don't know what info to provide to help because of this, but do you have any ideas for me, and is there any other info I can provide to help clarify the problem I'm having?

Thanks a ton!

-- EDIT --

After a little bit longer searching the internet, I finally got it working. Had to do with the firmware save file not saving properly for me for some reason.

You able to help with figuring out how to fix this?

C

Celoth

Reaction score
Sin$
You able to help with figuring out how to fix this?

Open your game up and keep the debug window visible. If it says 'Firmware: save config - failed', you won't be able to connect to wi-fi (you'll get error 20104). To fix this, you need a valid firmware.dfc file, which are found all over the internet. What's not found all over is the explanation that these files won't always work when you first install them - but if you hit Ctrl + R to reset the game at that point, it will typically reset it and save your changes to the firmware, at which point you will have wi-fi access.

Sorry for the very late response - I don't come to these forums often.

Dark TwizTid

Dark TwizTid

1 + 0 = 10
Seasoned Veteran Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Open your game up and keep the debug window visible. If it says 'Firmware: save config - failed', you won't be able to connect to wi-fi (you'll get error 20104). To fix this, you need a valid firmware.dfc file, which are found all over the internet. What's not found all over is the explanation that these files won't always work when you first install them - but if you hit Ctrl + R to reset the game at that point, it will typically reset it and save your changes to the firmware, at which point you will have wi-fi access.

Sorry for the very late response - I don't come to these forums often.

Np, I will try that later :smile: Ethernet cable has been in use quite a bit though.

Sinize

Orems

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Finally. Couldn't find anything to download the wifi desume emulator

P

Poketrainer

Reaction score
Sin$
When i go to the options in wifi settings, it has three options that just say "Microsoft", and one that says "Intel(R)82577LM Gigabit Network Connection". which one should i use? thnx!

Latios

Latios

Legendary Pokemon
Platinum Record Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
When i go to the options in wifi settings, it has three options that just say "Microsoft", and one that says "Intel(R)82577LM Gigabit Network Connection". which one should i use? thnx!

I would choose the Intel one.

C

cannedpeas

Reaction score
Sin$
Latios, first of all thank you for writing up this guide. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get mine to work. I'm having the same issue Celoth and DarkAnt1 did-- test connection starts out green, then turns to red and I get an Error 50000 message. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything but no luck. My firmware is working correctly.

I'm running Windows 8, if that makes a difference. Any advice?

Edit: I have it working sort of... but not really. I can connect to the WiFi and the connection test runs okay. However when I go to trade with my DS, the "connecting... please stand by" screen shows for a bit and then the screen turns blue and tells me the connection was dropped. I'm 100% certain it's on the emulator's end because the command box tells me the connection to SoftAP has been dropped, usually with a "firmware failed to configure" message.

To get it to this point, I turned my laptop to airplane mode (obviously using an ethernet cable), installed a desmume wifi emulator specifically for x64, updated my Winpcap (to the Windows 8 compatible version), and tried another firmware.bin.

I think the issue is the firmware. It randomly decides to stop working and gives me the failed-to-save message, even if it was working a few minutes ago. Any suggestions on other firmware downloads?

Thanks again. :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register