Fable 3 Modding Tutorial
Please be sure to make backups of files that will be opened by "modding" programs as stuff can and most likely will go wrong. (as in corruption)
I (of course) Take no responsibility for damages, corruption, etc...
What you would probably be best with having is: the Fable 3 Save Editor Developed by Sven, and Horizon
1. First save a copy of the Fable 3 save that your want to mod onto an easily accessible place on your computer. If you are unsure how to do this you can take a look at this link. It will Google that for you so you may choose what you want.
2. Now open Horizon and start the package manager:
3. Now that the package manager has opened go to the tab labeled "open" and find your fable 3 save and open it.
4. Once the file has opened click the "Contents" tab in the package manager. Now click "Extract all".
You must extract all. The save editor will not work if you do not.
Save those files into a folder (that you must create) near the Fable 3 save.
5. Now open the Fable 3 Save Editor and click "open" and find the location where you extracted all those files earlier. Then select the "herosave.bin" file and click "open".
Now once the Fable 3 Save Editor has loaded your save click the "Lots of Health, Money, and Guild Seals" button. Then once the dialogue box opens and says it was successful click OK. Next click "Save Changes" and once the next box comes up saying the save was successful click "OK" then close the Fable 3 Save Editor.
Extra Info: If you study the editor a bit longer and you know what you are doing you can change many other things. I believe you can change the Gender of your Fable 3 character. Once you find the gender value click it and two will open underneath it. If you have a male character the first value will have a 2 on it. If you have a female it will have a 1 on it. I havn't fully tested that but I know it won't corrupt your save. (write in the comments if you can change it successfully)
6. Now let's pull back to Horizon. In the package manager of your Fable 3 save right-click then select "replace" and replace only the herosave.bin and the checksumsave.bin from your extracted files folder.
Both files and only those two files. But you can only do one at a time
Again, only one at a time and only the herosave.bin and checksumsave.bin files.
7. Now click "Save, Rehash, and Resign" tab in the package manager, then "save to device". Select the device that you used to transfer the save file to the PC.
If Horizon gives an error while your attempting to save to your device just restart Horizon as an Administrator and that should fix it. If you do not have admin rights then just restart Horizon as a normal user and that may fix the problem. This happens because Horizon sometimes fails to start the service needed to save to devices.
Congratulations you have successfully modded Fable 3. Awesome.
If you followed my tutorial then yes you have successfully done it.
If you have any questions feel free to PM me or post them in the comments. Happy Modding!
EDIT> sorryabout all the missing photo's. I am working on correcting that. 7:31 PM est Aug 20, 2011
EDIT2> All Fixed!