• Thread starter t0mlike
  • Start date
  • Views 1,098
T

Pixel Hungry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is my guide to getting 99 fletching as I have just achieved this and a member of 7S asked me to make one. It's quick, simple, and I will edit pictures in when I have the time, and work out how many logs you will need but right now I have other things to do, so i'm going to write this as fast as possible and leave it until later :wink: . I'm not saying i'm an expert. But this is how I did it. And I made a profit. So read and comment away.

REQUIREMENTS:
A knife. That's it.

IF YOU HAVE LITTLE CASH:
Any hatchet.

1: Beginner Fletching - Levels 1-15.

Do nothing but fletch arrow shafts. It's quick, and very cost effective as logs are ridiculously cheap. Either that, or you could chop the logs whilst making the arrow shafts, as the arrow shafts are stackable (making sets of 15). This shouldn't take too long, especially if your botting and have bought the logs.

2: A bit better than beginner Fletching - Levels 16-25

For this I made Longbows (u), again this took no time atall, just buy or cut the logs needed to get 25, and you'll be there in no time. Very quick and easy way to get 10 levels without dishing out a ton of cash.

3: The next step.. Not much higher than the last tbh. - Levels 26-40

We're moving on to Oak Longbow (u) now. Yippee. So if you haven't got level 30 woodcutting, then unfortunately you have no choice but to buy the logs for this. You will need a small amount, not too many. But just buy in small amounts until I edit this and get the exact amounts you need to get the levels.

So all in all, incase you can't be arsed to read all that rambling. Fletch Oak Longbow (u) from 25 until you're level 40.

4: YAY 40 FLETCHING. YOU'RE ALMOST PRO. J/K. Moving on.. - Levels 41-55
For the next 15 levels you will be making Willow Longbow (u). :biggrin: do this until level 55. then we shall move onto something a bit more orange.

5: You're 55 Fletching? Very noice aye. - Levels 56-70

This may go pretty slowly, but it'll speed up ridiculously when you reach 70, and that's when you start making a profit too. So just wait and push through it.

We'll be making Maple Longbow (u) for this section of the tutorial, do this until you are level 70.

6: Time to start making pixels. :biggrin: - Levels 71-99 (or level 85 if you want to use the alternate, more expensive method (STEP 7))

We will be making Yew Longbows for this section. Yes. Strung.

This bit will take the longest all in all, but you will make money in the process, and it's not THAT bad considering the length some other skills take to train. You should be getting a good few levels a day until you hit level 91-93, then things slow down a bit.

Buy or cut the yew logs and bowstrings, (cutting takes forever in my opinion so just buy them unless you want to spend your life woodcutting). Personally I bought them, in chunks of 15K but of course it can be more, but I had about 10M starting cash so it wasn't a problem. You'll also want to buy Bowstrings too, so calculate how many you can buy with the amount of cash you have before you buy one, to make sure you have enough for both.

IF YOU'RE NOT STUPID, YOU WILL REALISE THAT SPINNING THE FLAX YOURSELF WILL INCREASE YOUR PROFIT PER BOW, BUT THAT ADDS TIME TO LEVELLING SO I DIDN'T BOTHER GOING TOO MUCH INTO IT.

You will be getting about 100k - 135k an hour xp using this method.

If you hit 99 using this, then gratz, it was a tad tedious, but you should have made a few mills using this method. :biggrin:

7: For those of you who have money to burn.. or in this case, cut into bows. - Levels 85-99

Fletch Magic Longbows.

I personally didn't use this method, but I know that it's great for xp. You will lose a small amount for each log, but it adds up eventually. This method is also considerably quicker than the Yew Longbow method.
Have fun, and stay safe kids :wink:

Andzrej

AndzrejGFX

Contributor
Hardened Veteran Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Level 18 fletching. Oh yeah
cool.gif

Seriously though, great tut!

T

Pixel Hungry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm going to bump this topic, as it dissapeared pretty quick and I took time actually writing it.

Any more comments and improvements?

Top Bottom
Login
Register