Turning on laptop light?

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by Pieceman, Nov 20, 2008 with 5 replies and 100 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pieceman

Pieceman VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Okay so I used to own a toshiba satellite laptop and there was a hotkey combination that you could press on the keyboard to enable a little light to come on. The light was on the top of the lcd screen and it was helpful to light up the keyboard when your room is dark.

I'm thinking that most laptops have the same function. Does anyone know the keys you press?

2. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I've never heard of this...but you can probably look up the schematics on your laptop using make and model, from their website, and it'll tell you how to do this

3. OP
    Pieceman

Pieceman VIP VIP

Ratings:
    I didn't even know it was a feature on my old laptop until I hit a couple of keys by mistake one time. When I did it I was like "Oh shiz, HAX!!!" I even made a thread about it a couple years ago but I have no idea what I named the thread or even where I posted it at.

4. TerminatioN

TerminatioN AzzidReign loves GTA Retired

Ratings:
    Never heard of any thing like this. Let us know if/when you found out how to do it again.

5. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It's either model specific, or you're mistaking it for something turning on which just happens to have a light signaling it's activity. This isn't a common feature in Toshiba laptops.

6. OP
    Pieceman

Pieceman VIP VIP

Ratings:
    I figured it out. It is only specific to certain laptops and if your laptop can do it, it's "Fn + PageUp or PageDn". I can't do it on my newer gateway :frown:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.