Hardware Mods Turn 360 Ring of light to Orange on STOCK

• Thread starter m3ga st3vi3
  • Start date
  • Views 12,640
M

m3ga st3vi3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i've not seen anyone mention this before (i could be wrong) but i worked this out for myself :smile: yeay for me lol.
anway what you need is:-
a way to open your 360 (guides everywhere)
Soldering iron
Flux + solder
thin wire for bridge
now take the RF board off the 360 and remove the white plastic cover and look at the pic below.
350tkjo.jpg

Its pretty easy even if your not experienced with soldering just bridge both negative terminals on the Player 1 led together by putting a small peice of wire by the red and green negative points and then put flux on to hold it there and allow the solder to stick then touch the points with the iron and apply a bit of solder, NOTE - if it doe'snt make all lights orange you will have to do player 2-3-4 LED's too but some rf boards only need the player 1 light bridging (i always do all of them just incase but like i said only player 1 LED is needed in some cases :smile:.
This gives you a deep orange light on the 360 without breaking the bank and its also pretty easy to reverse too :smile:
I have it done on a stock 360 and here is the result.
15ee5ah.jpg

Sorry about the pic quality its a phone camera and although the lights look red i can assure u they are orange.:wink: :biggrin: :lol: B)

S

SE7 B3ZZ4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice tut, well done and keep it up

T

Temptation

Getting There
Reaction score
nice tut. can only rep once per day. :\

M

m3ga st3vi3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone actually tried this yet? easy aint it lol and looks really cool :biggrin:

B

bloodhoundgang1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very interesting tut. +rep'd

A

ApertureScience

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the noob question, but what's flux? I've heard of it but never really knew what it did.
Can I do this without using flux?

M

m3ga st3vi3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the noob question, but what's flux? I've heard of it but never really knew what it did.
Can I do this without using flux?
lol yes you can do it without flux it just helps solder to contact better thats all

P

P-A-T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
flux is awesome :biggrin: helps alot imo. im opening my jtag later tonite. i might do this but then again thats what freestyle can do xD but looks cool for stock consoles.

A

ApertureScience

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to try it, but after failing, I realized that I f***ing hate soldering.

B

bloodhoundgang1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just did this mod on an old RF board. I have to say, I like the results, I just wish there were a way to change the middle light as well without needing to buy an LED...oh well. Beggars can't be choosers :smile:

0921001940.jpg

M

m3ga st3vi3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just did this mod on an old RF board. I have to say, I like the results, I just wish there were a way to change the middle light as well without needing to buy an LED...oh well. Beggars can't be choosers :smile:

0921001940.jpg

Awsome good job dude and thanx for uploading a pic of your mod :smile:

B

bloodhoundgang1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol np man! I thought putting the wires in would be difficult, but it turned out to be rather easy :biggrin:

R

Rally

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nice tut man! never knew about this!! +rep!

I

iProScopes

Contributor
Reaction score
Can you buy 0603 LED's at Radioshack? Haven't been there in a while.

T

Justintime4you

I STILL <3 TEH1337
Reaction score
i mgiht try this on my slim lol

Top Bottom