trying to jailbreak

Discussion in 'iOS Support' started by Cr4d13 0f D347h, Nov 29, 2008 with 8 replies and 1,035 views.

1. Cr4d13 0f D347h

Cr4d13 0f D347h Newbie

Ratings:
    trying to jailbreak my itouch. its not the 2nd gen with speakers. i have the latest version of quickpwn. but for some odd reason (i think my computer just sucks) it gets stuck on the "uploading exploit bootloader" screen

[​IMG]
    sorry for the big pic.
    any ideas would be great!

I dont know if it has anything to do with it but when doing the "Hold down the Home and Power buttons together for 10 seconds... (do not let go of Home)" section after about 4-5 seconds my ipod goes into sleep or shuts off.

i'm also getting this when it starts loading the exploit booter.

[​IMG]

2. FRABAR

FRABAR Getting There

Ratings:
    try a different USB port, I had problem with it not recognizing my iTouch too, and changing USB's seemed to work

3. OP
    Cr4d13 0f D347h

Cr4d13 0f D347h Newbie

Ratings:
    alright i'll give that a shot. thank you. will post back with results.

also one question if this works for me here soon. i can throw music on it after its been jailbroken right? threw itunes? i havent read up fully on all this. and i'm pretty much all good until a new update from apple right?

4. KranK

KranK Member

Ratings:
    Yes you can add music to it. The only thing you cant do is update your iTouch.

And if a different cord doesn't work try re-downloading it from a different source. This happened to me when I did it to my iPhone. I can't exactly remember what I did; either I restarted my iPhone a couple of times or I kept trying to jailbreak it.

5. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang Premium

Ratings:
    the exploit bootloader is relatively new so its very likely that it could be a bug.
    May i ask exactly what type of firmware you are trying to jailbreak?

6. OP
    Cr4d13 0f D347h

Cr4d13 0f D347h Newbie

Ratings:
    firmware is the 2.2
    its not a 2nd gen touch (no speakers or anything. got it right when the 2nd gen came out and this was a lil cheaper so i just got this)

will try and do this tomorrow. was gone all weekend. will post back with what everyone said. (try another cord, try redownloading, i'm gonna try it on a friends laptop cause my PC is a old as hell alien ware and nothing works right on it usually)

7. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang Premium

Ratings:
    try downloading this via bit torrent. that is the official release. Then restore to a fresh 2.2 and run quickpwn.

[Click here to view the link]

Personally i highly doubt its your wire if you get that far.

8. OP
    Cr4d13 0f D347h

Cr4d13 0f D347h Newbie

Ratings:
    sorry about the delay on the update but my monitor broke and i just got a new one. yea. i tried the torrent you gave me and the 2.2 version didnt work either. i am starting to think its my computer. its an old pos. alienware from like 2002.

9. OP
    Cr4d13 0f D347h

Cr4d13 0f D347h Newbie

Ratings:
    I also wanted to know if jailbreaking an ipod touch will allow you to play it threw the xbox 360. cause its pretty stupid you cant.