What's new

Solved Trying to fix a bad flash Corona V1 with X360ACE V3 + S-RGH but debug led will not light up

rynax

rynax

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a Corona V1 16MB
This board has been attempted to do RGH but failed and lost the original nanddump.
Without chip attached, turning on will have start up beep, PSU turns green, fans running, but no dash boot.
So I have tried to follow this guide
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...ing-dumps-erasing-corrupting-the-nand.989323/
to see if it can be saved.

However with the chip soldered on, fake 17526 retail nand Glitch2 ECC written, the debug led will not light up at all.
Wondering what could be the problem?

Have tried two different x360ace v3 boards, factory timing;
Have tried both the bottom POST and the POST on the Postfix adapter;
Have tried both the R4P4 and C5R11 RST pad.
Postfix adapter seems to be fine verified by multimeter, resistance value is about 13K in 200K range.
The chip board gets 5V and GND fine.
No visible damage on the motherboard.

It is obviously the bottom POST has been attempted to solder on but failed, so the previous user installed the postfix adapter to use that post point instead. However when he tried to install the adapter, he also tried to solder the adapter to the pads on the capacitor, which might have damaged the capacitors (Tested with multi-meter and they seem to be fine).

0.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

What would you try?
Try remove the postfix adapter? Might time to take out my hot air gun.

zeekiel

zeekiel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Before starting is post fix required pull heatsink to confirm trails. Also got to repair your one capacitor use some flux and try to resolder joint to board can never use enough flux it's to help bond solder as well to protect board so it dont get scorched like that.

rynax

rynax

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks. It's Corona V1, postfix adapter not needed. But it won't hurt to have it.
Yes am going to desolder that crap and see the capactiors are ok

zeekiel

zeekiel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Post fix may be unaligned bridging a solder ball under xapu. Use multimeter from solder point to ground should get continuity with 12-15kohm I usually get 13 which if its unalligned can cause it not to pulse to chip

rynax

rynax

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes it is 13.8K at 200K range, I always got this value, same for this board (Don't know why The weekend modder said it will be about 60K).

I've removed the postfix adapter, touched the solder points of the capacitors showing in the photo.

Also followed the tutorial to flash the fake retail nand and ecc again.

No difference.

I believe either wrong ecc or damaged CPU RST would cause no debug led.

The CPU RST solder points seems to be fine and there's no visible damage on the board.
Power button brings PSU to green, fan's running, RF board LED light up but not blinking.
No rrod.

It's more likely the ecc I flashed using the bad flash nand method is not suitable for this board.

Maybe that tutorial needs to be updated.

Top Bottom
Login
Register