Trying to bridge in GOW2..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by xXxEmpirExXx, Dec 14, 2008 with 8 replies and 1,132 views.

1. xXxEmpirExXx

xXxEmpirExXx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Okay guys so I'm trying to bridge in GOW2.. here is my bridge setup [​IMG]I have no idea what i did wrong.. When i put my firewall on high my friends can still hear me and they do not lag out(no I didn't put them on trusted)..

2. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    No one is going to know what your setup is by you just posting a picture of your network connections lol. You have to tell us what you did and show us what ips you have.

3. OP
    xXxEmpirExXx

xXxEmpirExXx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I followed http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/gears-war-2-glitches/115146-best-vista-bridging-tutorial.html and it shouldn't matter what ips i have in zone alarm because when I put my firewall on HIGH nothing happens.. so the have to be a problem with the bridge.. if it helps my connection go from my modem to a router which my laptop connects wirelessly.. i connected an ethernet cable to my laptop then to my xbox360.. then went into manage network connections.. clicked on my wireless card then ctrl clicked on my LAN... and bridged the connections together.. I started up GOW2 then opened up zone alarm and made a party.. put my firewall on HIGH and invited friends and they somehow joined.. started it up and found matches..

4. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Post pictures of your Zone Alarm, and cain or whatever else you are using to bridge, then explain to me how your network is setup, ie: computer to router, xbox to router, etc. From there I can help you and diagnose your problem.

5. OP
    xXxEmpirExXx

xXxEmpirExXx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    My setup is modem----> router----->wireless connection-----> laptop---->ethernet cable----> xbox360
    [​IMG]
    this is before I do anything at all...

[​IMG]
    this is right after I turn my xbox 360 on...

[​IMG]this is right before i bridge my two connections....

[​IMG]this is right after I bridge both connections...

this is what my zone tab looks like... i added xbl and the gow2 range from a tutorial..[​IMG]Here is the expert tab where the tutorial said to do that..

[​IMG]and here is whats inside...

[​IMG]

if you need any other picture or i missed something imporant just let me know...

I went into gow2 started my own party... put my firewall on HIGH and invited a friend he joined and i could here him speak...

6. TehKitteh

TehKitteh Getting There

Ratings:
    Hey, if you do bridge, let me join ya.... Grimm Mercenary... I am good enough to pick up after you in case something goes wrong... if not better :tongue:

7. OP
    xXxEmpirExXx

xXxEmpirExXx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hopefully one of the guys from above can tell me what I'm doing wrong or why its not working.. cause I have no idea

8. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    I think i know what your problem is. Your using a ethernet cable going from your laptop to your xbox. You have to use a crossover cable or else you wont be able to connect to xbox live.

Edit:You might not have all the ip's.Go back and make sure. There is an ip range also so if you dont have that then add that one too.

Edit 2:You only have xboxs IP and the ip range, you need those plus like the other 5 ips in that tutorial. If you dont have those its not going to work.

9. OP
    xXxEmpirExXx

xXxEmpirExXx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I can connect to xbox live.. thats the thing.. It just will not allow me to to put my firewall on high and and block the internet connection to get host