True or Not?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by 360Modder, Jul 30, 2009 with 4 replies and 277 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 360Modder

360Modder Enthusiast

Ratings:
    My uncle actually did this.
    Here's the deal: Walmart will accept anything you're returning to them for the cash value if you have a reciept showing how much you payed, but if you don't have a reciept, all they can do is give you another of what you're returning, so it's no problem if you're returning your broken Xbox 360 for another.
    MAJOR PROBLEM: While this sounds like an exellent deal, what happens when M$ recieves a sent back 360 to be refurbished... and it has your account attached to the Serial Code on the back? Basically, if you do this, you had better not have an Xbox Live Account, as my uncle didn't, otherwise M$ can actually sue you for fraud. When registering online with you're new 360, you would have to reactivate your Xbox Live Account,... which is supposed to be attached to the previous 360. All of your Downloaded content would only be accessable when you're online, and not off, even if you purchased it, the content is attached to your previous Xbox's MAC Address, meaning that if you logged online, it would say "yeah, it's yours", but if you weren't, it would be like going onto a friend's Xbox; you can't access their downloaded content with your account on their Xbox, even if they're logged in.
    Basically, if you don't have an Xbox Live Account, or have not previously had an Xbox Live Account, the Walmart idea is a sweet move, but if you have or had and Xbox Live Account, you can't do anything with Walmart without way too many consequences.

From GameSpot Forums - Xbox 360 - Returning 360's to walmart....Question..

Could'nt i just do the acount transfer?

2. Lerp

Lerp Enthusiast

Ratings:
    License transfer will take care of that problem though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sfunx

Sfunx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I think you might need both xbox's to do that...but I'm not 100% sure on that...

and as for microsoft going through and looking at which profiles are on the xbox before they wipe it...well. No. They don't care about that, it's Wal-Mart's problem not theirs.

4. Lerp

Lerp Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Nope, you don't need both. If you did, people who sent there system in and got another one back would be screwed.

5. OP
    360Modder

360Modder Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yep its all good packed it up and all then tomorrow off to wal-mart lol