Solved Trouble with a lite-on

• Thread starter butterblum
  • Start date
  • Views 1,220
B

butterblum

Reaction score
Sin$
I currently am trying to extract a dg16d2s key (old firmware). I am using a homemade probe/serial adapter/ which using hyperterminal, has been proven working. My problem though is extracting the key. Jungleflasher detects the lite-on and my adapter. However, i get the error message "serial data is bad". could it be that my sata controller is a "standard pci ide controller", even though it detects the drive? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

decima7e

decima7e

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
you need to install your drivers for the serial port and then it should work. but it does have something to do with the spear.

B

butterblum

Reaction score
Sin$
what drivers? As far as I can tell, the serial port is working fine. I have an nVidia 630a mobo. Is the onboard SATA chipset compatible? would I just be better off to solder the points?

decima7e

decima7e

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
if you are using your hyper terminal thing to plug into your computer, (which you may not be doing), chances are you will need a special hacked driver for whatever the input is.

E

evox121

Reaction score
Sin$
butterblum said:
I currently am trying to extract a dg16d2s key (old firmware). I am using a homemade probe/serial adapter/ which using hyperterminal, has been proven working. My problem though is extracting the key. Jungleflasher detects the lite-on and my adapter. However, i get the error message "serial data is bad". could it be that my sata controller is a "standard pci ide controller", even though it detects the drive? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

if you confirmed through hyperterminal that your serial adapter is working then you should be able to get the key from the drive.
a couple things to check. First the probe when i made my first serial adapter i couldnt get it to work the problem was the probe so i put an led on it so i would know for sure the connection to the drive from probe was good.
Second when you try to read the key you gotta make sure the drive is setup correctly.
Try turning off the drive (or pull the power) plug the power back in turn it on eject the drive then manually push it in half way and try reading the key again.
Last jungleflasher should read the key but if not theres other programs out there to try.
Good Luck:rolleyes:

B

butterblum

Reaction score
Sin$
It's just weird...My serial adapter works, hyperterminal confirms that. When I connect the probe to the point next to r707 (not r708), the drive will eject, therefore power is reaching it. I have tried many different ways to get the drive in halfway mode and have cycled/powered the system/PC many ways also. Jungleflasher recognizes the drive and the serial adapter. My only concern is the halfway point. When running dvdkey in DOS, i would occasionally get a key of all zeros (if not, it said "geremia's dvdkey method failed"). However, once i unplugged the sata cable and power cable after getting all zeroes. I then pushed it in a teensie bit further, powered it, and plugged in the sata cable. I got some letters mixed in. I repeated getting almost a full key. But it was still "invalid." I then did so again, and got "geremia's dvdkey method failed." I am about to try a USB xtractor, because I believe I just destroyed my probe. So does anyone think it is my drive positioning? Should I just try what I previously did?

R

Ridemywideglide

Reaction score
Sin$
You don't connect it to the point next to 707.. You connect it to the pin hole (3 to the right) at 707.
The drive should not eject when you touch the pin hole at 707.

Top Bottom
Login
Register