What's new

Solved Trouble updating from 8955 dash on xbr to 9199 freeBot.

• Thread starter blakejess22
  • Start date
  • Views 616
B

blakejess22

Reaction score
Alright so ive been working on this on and off for about a month now and just now really sat down and tried to fix THis. So i use my xbr image (cause i dont have original NAND dump) i get from dumping with flash360 to make an image with that pig tool(FreeBoot tool) and ive done it manually both ways and they both dont work. So i change the image.bin name to updflash.bin and put it on my flash drive and flash it. turn my xbox off for 2 min turn it back on and it does one christmas light then light 1 and 3 are flashing red very fast with the E 52 error.
I have a falcon mother board running 8955 and would like to go to freeboot 9199 dashboard. so if any one would like to help please comment. thanks:smile: btw sorry about the bad punctuation and grammar had to type fast before school.

X

x360xLuke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright so ive been working on this on and off for about a month now and just now really sat down and tried to fix THis. So i use my xbr image (cause i dont have original NAND dump) i get from dumping with flash360 to make an image with that pig tool(FreeBoot tool) and ive done it manually both ways and they both dont work. So i change the image.bin name to updflash.bin and put it on my flash drive and flash it. turn my xbox off for 2 min turn it back on and it does one christmas light then light 1 and 3 are flashing red very fast with the E 52 error.
I have a falcon mother board running 8955 and would like to go to freeboot 9199 dashboard. so if any one would like to help please comment. thanks:smile: btw sorry about the bad punctuation and grammar had to type fast before school.

You cannot use XBR as your original NAND because with XBR the only thing that is encrypted in the NAND is your KV.bin and your config.bin. However, you can still create a freeBOOT NAND for your xbox using only your CPU key. Download freeBOOT v0.03 from xbins and follow the readme that is included. All the donor files you need are also on xbins.

If you end up not being able to get it to work I can create a new NAND for you that will work (for a fee) :smile:

B

blakejess22

Reaction score
your amazing:smile: im gonna try what you just said and then get back with you about it:smile: Also i can pay you for your time if needed:smile:

Also is it freeBOOT-0.032 or 0.031 which one do i need btw there a couple more options on xbins to choose from.

yes!!!!!!!!!!!! i got it to work!!!! :smile:))))))) thanks man so much!!!!

Top Bottom