• Start date
  • Views 805
Incorporated

Incorporated

#GayPride
Chatty Kathy CotM Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So my AV detected this about 30 minutes ago and I was able to remove it and send it to my av quarantine. Is there anything I need to do to make sure that my PC is clean, and not compromised?

I don't really know much about this type of virus or what it usually does. So if someone could inform me on what it is that would be nice.

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
http://www.remove-pc-spyware.com/post/Instructions-to-Remove-MSILInjector.CHR-Virus_23_89571.html
Code:
What is MSIL/Injector.CHR?
MSIL/Injector.CHR is a harmful Trojan from the malware family which can give a malicious hacker access and control of your PC. Threats in this family can also try to steal your online banking details. MSIL/Injector.CHR can spread via Facebook, Youtube, Skype, removable drives, and drive-by malware. Once this Trojan horse install on your computer, it will change the computer setting such as registry entries. Once you start up your computer, it will run automatically at the background.

As a Trojan virus, MSIL/Injector.CHR causes chaos on your system. It injects its own files and registry entries into your system, and changes start-up items so that it can be activated automatically when users boot up their computers. It is able to corrupt your system files and program files, causing chaos on your computer performance. The infected machine may shut down and restart randomly; blue screen problem happens from time to time; programs are not responsive frequently. It also slows down the system running speed, and messes up your system running.

What is worse, MSIL/Injector.CHR opens backdoors on target system, injecting other infections or threats into your compromised computer. It is also able to connect your infected computer to remote servers, helping hackers accessing into your computer and stealing your personal information. In this case, your private info stored in your PC such as business files, photos, email passwords or financial accounts may be revealed to hackers and cyber criminals.

Malfunctions from MSIL/Injector.CHR Trojan

1. Firewall would not be activated
2. Sets all your folders on your partitions to be hidden
3. Snail-like PC performance, slow loading times to start or shut down
4. URL get redirected to some pages that you are not familiar with.
5. Numerous popup ads shown on screen.
6. More infections invade into your PC.

How MSIL/Injector.CHR spread itself?

It is technically not a virus but it is intrusive and always come into your computer without your consent. Usually it can spread itself via questionable websites, free software downloads, spam email attachments for it can bundle itself with those free downloads or unknown attachments.

First one on Google :'3

Incorporated

Incorporated

#GayPride
Chatty Kathy CotM Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I checked mostly everything and it seems that the virus didn't really do much I guess I removed it in time. Thanks for the information though, very helpful.

Top Bottom
Login
Register