• Views 2,219
Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xFlawless11x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Looking to purchase a new headset and I wanted to see if anyone here had the Tritton AX720s. I sit fairly far away from my TV and although I dont have a problem with the wires, it would bother me if they didnt reach to where I usually sit to play.

I mean I could move, but that would just be to simple! :biggrin:

So any reviews on the AX720? or does anyone know if the cords have decent length?

F

Foo2oo3

Reaction score
Sin$
I have the 720's. I used to have the Turtle Beach X3's too. The 720's are much better. They offer pretty good surround sound from just two speakers too. I think the only benefit of using the Turtle Beach X3 or X31, which is close to the same price, is the fact those are wireless. But having to buy batteries and replace them every few days sucks. You could buy rechargeable batteries, but good ones still cost around 25-30 bucks and they don't last long before you need to recharge them again. But as far as the 720's, you need the optical audio port, so I'd make sure your component cable has it. The cord length from the Dolby Digital Processor to wherever you sit is about 13 feet long. Not sure how far you sit. So it has it's downfalls but you also don't get the infrared interference that some of the wireless ones tend to get. I'm happy with my purchase of the 720's and the fact they are compatible with my PS3, PC, Xbox 360 and Wii. I only use them currently on my 360, but I have heard these are pretty good for movies and music too.

D

Detour

Reaction score
Sin$
They're pretty good. Sound quality is really nice and for me the cords are much more than enough, but I don't sit very far from my screen. I've found that after wearing them for a few hours though they can kind of hurt a bit, but then I'll just take them off or adjust them and its not bad.

X

xFlawless11x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Foo2oo3 said:
I have the 720's. I used to have the Turtle Beach X3's too. The 720's are much better. They offer pretty good surround sound from just two speakers too. I think the only benefit of using the Turtle Beach X3 or X31, which is close to the same price, is the fact those are wireless. But having to buy batteries and replace them every few days sucks. You could buy rechargeable batteries, but good ones still cost around 25-30 bucks and they don't last long before you need to recharge them again. But as far as the 720's, you need the optical audio port, so I'd make sure your component cable has it. The cord length from the Dolby Digital Processor to wherever you sit is about 13 feet long. Not sure how far you sit. So it has it's downfalls but you also don't get the infrared interference that some of the wireless ones tend to get. I'm happy with my purchase of the 720's and the fact they are compatible with my PS3, PC, Xbox 360 and Wii. I only use them currently on my 360, but I have heard these are pretty good for movies and music too.

Awesome! Thanks!

I'm not actually sure what you mean by optical audio port?:huh:

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
xFlawless11x said:
Awesome! Thanks!

I'm not actually sure what you mean by optical audio port?:huh:

As shown below, it is the port marked by the word "SPDIF":

DSC00481.JPG

Wiz Khalifa

Wiz Khalifa

OvO/T.G.O.D. on the REAL
Experienced Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Get the Turtle Beach X41's, great surround sound and only one cable from your controller to your headset for a mic, and they are much lighter and more comfortable in my opinion than the Tritton's 720's.

F

Foo2oo3

Reaction score
Sin$
xFlawless11x said:
okay. even more of a noob question it would seem. where would i look to see if i have this? and is this the cord i would need since it has the optical audio port in the xbox cord? Premium VGA Cable w/ Digital Optical Audio Port for Microsoft Xbox 360

It's on the component cable that most xbox 360 pro's and elite's come with. Here is a picture.
cableswitch5ia.jpg

Or you can buy the VGA one from ebay or wherever. Got one off of ebay for my second xbox for like $7.50. Works great.

BTW that is not my pic or my red arrow. The optical port is on the right side of the cable there

iGoTz TaLeNt said:
Get the Turtle Beach X41's, great surround sound and only one cable from your controller to your headset for a mic, and they are much lighter and more comfortable in my opinion than the Tritton's 720's.

Yeah if you are willing to spend $200, I agree these may be better. But still gotta buy the batteries. Bottom line, if you don't mind the wires and want a pretty good surround sound headset that's ready to go when you are, the Tritons are fine. If the wires get to you, or you absolutely have to have wireless and have good rechargeable batteries, spend the extra cash. All headsets are currently on sale at bestbuy right now too, about $10 cheaper for all of them. If that helps your decision

X

xFlawless11x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Foo2oo3 said:
It's on the component cable that most xbox 360 pro's and elite's come with. Here is a picture.
cableswitch5ia.jpg

Or you can buy the VGA one from ebay or wherever. Got one off of ebay for my second xbox for like $7.50. Works great.

BTW that is not my pic or my red arrow. The optical port is on the right side of the cable there

Yeah if you are willing to spend $200, I agree these may be better. But still gotta buy the batteries. Bottom line, if you don't mind the wires and want a pretty good surround sound headset that's ready to go when you are, the Tritons are fine. If the wires get to you, or you absolutely have to have wireless and have good rechargeable batteries, spend the extra cash.

Okay makes way more sense. Yea i have 360 from release day, with no red rings ever....yet....knock on wood/cross fingers. :thumbup: so ill just order one tonight.

S

SmurfALMIGHTY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Should be on any HD component aside from an HDMi cable, so HD cables or VGA both have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register