What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Trinity Slim RGH3 bricked?

L

Lucid999

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi everyone,
I am unsure if my console is fully bricked or even fixable at this point. Long story short I was working on the console to use Jrunner to install the XL USB Patch. I hooked up my xflasher and was met with “console not found” along with 0xffffffff. Doing some research I found there was probably a issue with the wiring or possibly the programmer. I tested the programmer on another console and was able to read the nand just fine with no issues. I checked all of my soldering and around my connections for any bridges or anything else that was not right or looked off but found no issues.

After 3 days of messing around and searching for possible fixes I was able to find a small issue around the PLL point and fixed the issue. I am now met with “console not found” 0x00000000. I can not find much info on this code besides a older video showing how to fix a bricked console with Jrunner showing this code. The video showed them unplugging and plugging in the console quickly for Jrunner to actually begin erasing part of the nand, but I have tried this with no luck. I have tried different versions of Jrunner hoping an older version might just work for some reason.

No matter what I try I am unable to read the nand. The console does power on but does not fully boot. I just tried powering the console again to be met with the RROD. I was not able to read the code before accidentally hitting the rf board and console turned off. I have tried to power the console again to read the code and it is back to sitting with the power light on but not throwing any codes or posting.

Unsure if anyone has dealt with this issue or something similar or might have an idea on a possible fix.

gunn1e

gunn1e

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Post your wiring if possible, This will be step one.

L

Lucid999

Reaction score
Sin$
I have removed the nand wiring but I do plan on soldering them back on and uploading them, should be an hour or so. I wanted to upload the rgh3 wiring as well incase I may have missed something myself. I am not to happy with the PLL point. The solder is currently covering a mess... I am not happy with the work in the slightest. You can partially see the mess around the joint. I will upload that point cleaned as well. I probably removed too much of the mask and bridged something there. I will add the console worked perfectly for 2-3 weeks no problem.
wjDIAZh.jpg
PyvnBfC.jpg
1MDXdal.jpg
wjDIAZh.jpg

Post automatically merged:

I did use a fiberglass pen to have an easier time installing the connections, you may see those scratches, and have fully cleaned the connections before and after installing the nand wires. The yellow is always a pain for me and seems to only like higher heat to get a good connection. I also have tried the back of the board as well and I am getting the same results. Note my white wire is actually the brown wire. I am also using a xflasher360.

The last picture is my sad PLL point which I figured a few days ago was shot. I decided if I could flash the stock nand back I would install a Matrix v3 instead onto the board.
K77dIaj.jpg
kh0ABav.jpg
hmTMOxj.jpg
gYJSLSm.jpg

Last edited:
gunn1e

gunn1e

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Your soldering looks ok to me, I would remove wires & flash back to retail, try that.

It seems like a bad flash

Make sure yo ticked the RGH3 before you select XeBuild.

L

Lucid999

Reaction score
Sin$
Your soldering looks ok to me, I would remove wires & flash back to retail, try that.

It seems like a bad flash

Make sure yo ticked the RGH3 before you select XeBuild.
I honestly forget if I tried to read the nand without the RGH3 wiring installed, I will have to try that tonight and see what happens. And of course I forget that last thing I did to the console before this happened, but I am also leaning towards a bad flash since I was working on installing the XL USB Patch last.

gunn1e

gunn1e

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You can read/write the nand with or without RGH 1.2/2/3 connected, RGH3 will not boot retail if the PLL & POST wires in place.

Top Bottom
Login
Register