What's new

Solved Trinity rgh2 psu stuck on orange light still makes sound on rf board

• Thread starter SONIC_ZOMBIES
  • Start date
  • Views 276
S

SONIC_ZOMBIES

Reaction score
hi kind of new to the modding scene I seem to have had a problem with a trinity rgh2 everything was fine had already finished the rgh I turned off the console then tried to turn it back on with a controller but it wouldn't turn on, tried other usb ports to see if that was the problem none of the work so I reconnected the rf board it makes the sound but no lights at all except for the coolrunner I have checked all the solder points and resoldered them
but nothing seems to work I have also used a different power supply but no luck also all of the pins in the usb ports are not causing it so I’m kind of stuck one last thing is that I can’t seem to get any response from the jr-programmer that I am using it connects fine but have an error of the jr-programmer not reading the nand although It was reading perfectly fine before.

...please help

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely it's your CLK line/trace has been damaged or the R3B15 resistor on this trace has been blown up.
This will cause:
Nand can't be recognized;
has ping sound while the button been pressed but no further activity, won't turn on, no fan, PSU stay orange.

You'll need to take clear photos for all your soldering works and post

A

Azzeh

Reaction score
Hey,

I faced the same issue a while ago on my Trinity board. as R rynax said, it is either the R3B15 resistor, or a damaged line/trace.
In my case it was a completely ruined POST point (Neither the top, nor the bottom would work).

Do not rush to buy a new board yet, post clear pictures of your soldering and see if anyone is able to help.
If the damage that has been done was fatal [such as an accidental 12 volt jolt to the cpu.. whoopsies..], you can buy a new motherboard for about 20$

R

Reptics

atomstealth.live
Reaction score
Also try to make sure you didn't burn the board while soldering

S

SONIC_ZOMBIES

Reaction score
Already bought a new motherboard

Top Bottom