What's new

Question Trinity rgh

R

ranidulakshan

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello.
I wanted to rgh my Xbox trinity a few weeks ago finally the stuff from eBay came today. Bought a jr programmer and a matrix v1 chip to do a muffin install. I want to know since the chip is from eBay will something bad like rrod happen over time or will it be fine?
Thanks for reading hoping for a reply soon

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello.
I wanted to rgh my Xbox trinity a few weeks ago finally the stuff from eBay came today. Bought a jr programmer and a matrix v1 chip to do a muffin install. I want to know since the chip is from eBay will something bad like rrod happen over time or will it be fine?
Thanks for reading hoping for a reply soon
No,it's highly unlikely it will RROD on you.Trinity boards are most reliable (between the Trinity and the Corona motherboards) but i would go for S-RGH over your plans for the Muffin install.
S-RGH offers greater and faster boot times (for me anyway) over a Muffin install.
Just make sure your soldering is good and replace the old thermal compound on the CPU/GPU chip before replacing the heatsink & fan.

R

ranidulakshan

Reaction score
Sin$
No,it's highly unlikely it will RROD on you.Trinity boards are most reliable (between the Trinity and the Corona motherboards) but i would go for S-RGH over your plans for the Muffin install.
S-RGH offers greater and faster boot times (for me anyway) over a Muffin install.
Just make sure your soldering is good and replace the old thermal compound on the CPU/GPU chip before replacing the heatsink & fan.
Thank you so much for the reply but I'm confused can I s-rgh with a matrix glitcher v1. And do I need to apply thermal paste even if I do a muffin install since it doesn't need to remove the heatsink I think.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you so much for the reply but I'm confused can I s-rgh with a matrix glitcher v1. And do I need to apply thermal paste even if I do a muffin install since it doesn't need to remove the heatsink I think.
I would buy an Ace V3 for S-RGH in all true honesty.The Matrix chips seem to work better on the fat 360 consoles,where the Ace v3 work outstanding for Slim Trinity and Corona 360's.
It's ALWAYS advisable to replace the old thermal paste from a stock 360's chip & heatsink,as a matter of any overheating issue your console might run into.
Don't forget,that old thermal paste on your Trinity CPU/GPU will have been applied during the manufactor process in the factory when brand new.So it'll be a really good idea to clean it all off and replace it with a good decent compound (Artic 5 silver is the best)

R

ranidulakshan

Reaction score
Sin$
I would buy an Ace V3 for S-RGH in all true honesty.The Matrix chips seem to work better on the fat 360 consoles,where the Ace v3 work outstanding for Slim Trinity and Corona 360's.
It's ALWAYS advisable to replace the old thermal paste from a stock 360's chip & heatsink,as a matter of any overheating issue your console might run into.
Don't forget,that old thermal paste on your Trinity CPU/GPU will have been applied during the manufactor process in the factory when brand new.So it'll be a really good idea to clean it all off and replace it with a good decent compound (Artic 5 silver is the best)
Oh ok but here's the thing some one told me in gbatemp that a muffin install is great so I bought the stuff required to doing it also it took almost a month to arrive I want to have my Xbox rghed before school starts on the end of January. Will it be super bad if I do a muffin install if so I'll buy a ace.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh ok but here's the thing some one told me in gbatemp that a muffin install is great so I bought the stuff required to doing it also it took almost a month to arrive I want to have my Xbox rghed before school starts on the end of January. Will it be super bad if I do a muffin install if so I'll buy a ace.
Muffin boot times are not as good as S-RGH boot times.
Make sure to buy an Ace V3 chip,don't bother with the V4 or V5 as you can not program the timing files to these later version chips.
My Trinity 360 is RGH'd with an Ace V3 and boot times are in between 5-8 seconds.

Red and blue

Red and blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What best version off matrix glitcher chip because lot off people are using is chip in Xbox 360 On eBay they sell with glitcher program on it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register