• Thread starter WhiskeyIllI
  • Start date
  • Views 359
W

WhiskeyIllI

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi everyone,

Been here before but Gmail isn't receiving my password reset link requests so had to make a new account to ask for a little help.

Now I do these often, but this console's eaten sh*t and really doesn't want to work for me. It's got an Ace V3 chip, 100% wired correctly (checked with loads of zoom lmao) but just won't cooperate. 9/10 it won't boot at all but when it does it rarely instaboots unless I've only just rewritten the nand - in which case it tends to instaboot ONCE then never again. Flashing back to retail and disconnecting the 5v power results in instant boots to dash.

I have tried:
- Flashing back to retail and starting again, minus ECC due to the LDV preventing me obtaining all necessary info via network - I have the info anyway in my key database.
- I've resoldered everything twice, cleaning with alcohol in the process. Even switched out the original red wiring for 30awg Kynar.
- Flashing the XeBuild image with CR4 checked (and unchecked) - set to Glitch2.
- Various 300MHz 60.6 and 150MHz 60.6 timing files.
- Trying to boot with and without the 4GB module and an HDD from a spare RGH.
- 3 different RST (D) points;
Top side: Resistor next to R4D3
Bottom side: FT4R2/R4R3 (?) and C5R17/C5R11 (?)

I could try rebuilding the nand and starting fresh (despite having the original nand dumps and those working for retail without issue). Could also try using another chip, but I don't really want to sacrifice another chip if it's unlikely to remedy my issue.

Any ideas, feel free to shoot. I will try pretty much anything to fix this.

Cheers!

W

WhiskeyIllI

Reaction score
Sin$
x360run will work. also matrix without oscillator.
purely timings problem
I had a feeling that could have been it but was too stubborn to try it. I might just switch to ysing Matrix for everything bar Coronas as they give me less issues. Thanks for your reply bud, I'll give it a go.

Top Bottom
Login
Register