What's new

Solved Trinity RGH Faster Boot Time [Help Req.]

SyKeChaos

SyKeChaos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

I have a Trinity RGH. It boots but it takes anywhere from instant to 10 minutes.

Is there any way I can speed it up? I will try playing with the dipswitches again later, but I also read somewhere that I might need a cap on CPU_RST as a cleaner. Haven't played with this stuff in a while so that may not be 100% accurate as I'm going from memory.

Any suggestions are welcome :smile:

Kind regards

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

I have a Trinity RGH. It boots but it takes anywhere from instant to 10 minutes.

Is there any way I can speed it up? I will try playing with the dipswitches again later, but I also read somewhere that I might need a cap on CPU_RST as a cleaner. Haven't played with this stuff in a while so that may not be 100% accurate as I'm going from memory.

Any suggestions are welcome :smile:

Kind regards
What method and chip are you using?

SyKeChaos

SyKeChaos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
With the cr3 lite, length and position of cpu rst is the most important. If I recall, it's somewhere are 33 cm wrapped around the xclamp.

Thanks, I think I wrapped it around the clamp when I did it. Will check the length as my main priority originally was just to get the bloody thing working as I had some issues with it. Bit scared to touch the soldering on it again but I'll give it a shot :smile:

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
if you feel like using your soldering iron again you may as well order an ace and use srgh. the chips are 8 bux on ebay and boot times are always excellent on a trinity ( 6-15secs). Whats great about srgh is instead of tailoring your wiring around the timing file you pick the file that works best with your wiring if that makes sense.

SyKeChaos

SyKeChaos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok, bit of an update...

bought 10 x360 ace v3s. started looking into modding a corona v2. and now my trinity is playing up, booting to some sort of 600x480 boot screen when on HDMI but running fine with a RCA and playing in standard definition.

Rather than derail the topic with that - I have decided to ditch my trinity and replace it with said corona.

I have installed the x360 ace chip - apparently they are preprogrammed with corona timing files. I have tried dumping the nand via SD but I'm getting nowhere. (I have grounded oscillator, put the 68 ohm resistor in and powered Xbox on. Write protection is also off on card). I've tried a few different SD card readers - laptop card slot, MacBook card slot, cheap Poundland card reader and a proper SanDisk card reader - still nothing. Resoldered several times and wired direct to the pins of a reader as well with no joy. Neither a 32/64 bit computer will read it. Will go hunting for a few cheap/simple card readers tomorrow as that's probably still the problem.

On the subject of the x360 ace v3s - I should be able to flash them with .jed files over lpt with nandpro? same wiring as coolrunners?

Thanks in advance for your help :smile:

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I get mine for 2.5$ :tongue:
I Get Mine For Around $3 But It's Based On USA.

Well For 7 Coolrunner Rev C / 7 X360Ace V3 I Pay $58 Would Be Cheaper But I Pay The 10% eBay Fee Cause I Can't Buy Over PayPal.
ok, bit of an update...

bought 10 x360 ace v3s. started looking into modding a corona v2. and now my trinity is playing up, booting to some sort of 600x480 boot screen when on HDMI but running fine with a RCA and playing in standard definition.

Rather than derail the topic with that - I have decided to ditch my trinity and replace it with said corona.

I have installed the x360 ace chip - apparently they are preprogrammed with corona timing files. I have tried dumping the nand via SD but I'm getting nowhere. (I have grounded oscillator, put the 68 ohm resistor in and powered Xbox on. Write protection is also off on card). I've tried a few different SD card readers - laptop card slot, MacBook card slot, cheap Poundland card reader and a proper SanDisk card reader - still nothing. Resoldered several times and wired direct to the pins of a reader as well with no joy. Neither a 32/64 bit computer will read it. Will go hunting for a few cheap/simple card readers tomorrow as that's probably still the problem.

On the subject of the x360 ace v3s - I should be able to flash them with .jed files over lpt with nandpro? same wiring as coolrunners?

Thanks in advance for your help :smile:
Have A Picture Of Your Sd Card Reader?

SyKeChaos

SyKeChaos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I Get Mine For Around $3 But It's Based On USA.

Well For 7 Coolrunner Rev C / 7 X360Ace V3 I Pay $58 Would Be Cheaper But I Pay The 10% eBay Fee Cause I Can't Buy Over PayPal.

Have A Picture Of Your Sd Card Reader?

Best pic of it ive got on me atm - will post another pic tomorrow when im home.

Bear in mind that the pic is an old version where one of the wires is the wrong way round. I have also shorted the pins on the socket to make the reader think that a card has been inserted etc. That pic is also before i grounded the crystal...

But that is the internals of the SanDisk reader - "Sandisk ImageMate 12-in-1 USB Card Reader"

vruk4x.jpg

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Best pic of it ive got on me atm - will post another pic tomorrow when im home.

Bear in mind that the pic is an old version where one of the wires is the wrong way round. I have also shorted the pins on the socket to make the reader think that a card has been inserted etc. That pic is also before i grounded the crystal...

But that is the internals of the SanDisk reader - "Sandisk ImageMate 12-in-1 USB Card Reader"

vruk4x.jpg
I'm Gonna Say It's Your Reader.

I Can Build You One If Your Interested In Buying One.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
SyKeChaos

SyKeChaos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm Gonna Say It's Your Reader.

I Can Build You One If Your Interested In Buying One.
Finding a card reader that works can be hard, especially when there is no list of know working ones. The only known working one is this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Card-Reader...723367?hash=item25b9e725a7:g:tC8AAOSwrnNXPqui
Or you could take Killjoy666 Killjoy666 up on his offer.

Thanks for the offer Killjoy666, I think i'll try JoinTheResistance's card reader suggestion first though - if that fails i'll come running back and you can tell me i should've just let you do it in the first place :tongue:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the offer Killjoy666, I think i'll try JoinTheResistance's card reader suggestion first though - if that fails i'll come running back and you can tell me i should've just let you do it in the first place :tongue:
Decided To Build Another One Lol

Works Perfect, So Long As You Did It Good That USB Model Should Work.

Gonna Do A Couple Sd Card Models Next

SyKeChaos

SyKeChaos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Top Bottom
Login
Register