What's new

Tutorial [Trinity, Corona] S-RGH Tutorial, start to finish (Slim only) [16MB]

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried to download jrunner from this link but google drive says the file is infected (undoubtedly a false positive) and that only the owner can download the file. Is there a mirror of this particular jrunner anywhere?
Fixed! Thanks, for letting me know! :wink:

TSSReal

TSSReal

Reaction score
Sin$
Do i need the awg cables i all the different colors if so can you link me a site with a kit of all colors

G

GutBomb

Reaction score
Sin$
Do i need the awg cables i all the different colors if so can you link me a site with a kit of all colors
The colors don't matter. They are just to help you keep track of what you are soldering where. If all you have is one color of wire, just use that and pay attention to what you are connecting it to.

P

PhilipJayFry

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello all!
Thank you J JoinTheResistance for making this awesome tutorial and answering the questions here!

I got my first Xbox 360 recently, and now I want to hack it. It's a Corona, so I want to follow your tutorial here.
Because I just want to make one single xbox, I try to keep the costs low.
The ACE costs only around 3€ on Ebay, but the JR Programmer is at around 15€.
Is there a cheaper way to get the functionality of a JR Programmer / Nand-x? I saw your [DIY tutorial] Matrix SPI nand flasher upgrade to CPLD (coolrunner/glitch chip) programmer tutorial and wondered if there is a similar cheap solution for programming the ACE.
Since I couldn't find anything in this forum or elsewhere, I highly doubt it, but maybe I'm in luck. :smile:

Also, in the last step, you describe that you have to desolder the Nand cables from the motherboard. Is this really necessary? Or can they be kept in and just fixed somewhere that they are not flying around when moving the xbox? Would it be also possible to put some pin headers there or would they be in the way for some parts of the xbox when reassembling it?

Thanks in advance!

P

PhilipJayFry

Reaction score
Sin$
UPDATE: The images are still there! But you have to manually open their link (right mouse click -> "open image") and then change the "[...]postimg.org[...]" part to "[...]postimage.org[...]" in the link adress.
Or easier:
1. Download the page (HTML only, in Firefox go File -> save page -> pick "Website, HTML only")
2. Open the downloaded .html in an text editor
3. find & replace all "postimg" strings by "postimage"
4. Save that .html with the changes
5. Open it in your browser. It should load now correctly with the images
J JoinTheResistance I think you can easily fix it by find & replace all "postimg" by "postimage" in your post.

It is the second day in row (from what I noticed) that almost all images (all from postimage.org host) are down.
This is also true for the other threads by J JoinTheResistance (RGH 1.2 for Phats for example).
Will they come back or did they expired and got deleted from the server?
Can somebody re-upload them if possible? Would be very helpful!

Thanks! :smile:

Last edited:
ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
UPDATE: The images are still there! But you have to manually open their link (right mouse click -> "open image") and then change the "[...]postimg.org[...]" part to "[...]postimage.org[...]" in the link adress.
Or easier:
1. Download the page (HTML only, in Firefox go File -> save page -> pick "Website, HTML only")
2. Open the downloaded .html in an text editor
3. find & replace all "postimg" strings by "postimage"
4. Save that .html with the changes
5. Open it in your browser. It should load now correctly with the images
J JoinTheResistance I think you can easily fix it by find & replace all "postimg" by "postimage" in your post.

It is the second day in row (from what I noticed) that almost all images (all from postimage.org host) are down.
This is also true for the other threads by J JoinTheResistance (RGH 1.2 for Phats for example).
Will they come back or did they expired and got deleted from the server?
Can somebody re-upload them if possible? Would be very helpful!

Thanks! :smile:
Nice catch. I fixed them.

P

PhilipJayFry

Reaction score
Sin$
is the coolrunner rev. c a 'glitch chip'
Yes, but you cannot use it for this tutorial. As far as I see the Coolrunner just works with Phat consoles (see RGH1.2 tutorial).
You can easily order the X360 ACE on Ebay, for me it just cost around 2.50€ and it works with Slim and Phat consoles.

Nice catch. I fixed them.
Great, thank you! :smile:

rynax

rynax

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Wondering how is S-RGH's performance for Corona motherboards, compared to CR4 Muffin?
Both using the X360Ace V3 board

rynax

rynax

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Wondering if the 360 squirt board could support S-RGH?
That one use XC2C64A I believe

D

Diomede

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, thanks for the guide, just now getting into Xbox modifications, I'm shopping around for an Xbox with a Trinity motherboard.

Would one of these Xbox 360's be applicable for an RGH with an ACE360 chip?

Direct ImGur:
slDxy5J

view

Thanks.

Last edited:
K

kodoi81

Reaction score
Sin$
hi all..

im was new in modding the xbox 360 using x360 ace v3 glitch board.. thanks to this guide, i manage to rgh my xbox 360 corona v1 console..but sadly after 10-20 minutes, my console gave me a red dot on the power button.. i don't know what to do next.. are my xbox have red dot of death (RDOD).. please could someone help me.. thanks..

rynax

rynax

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there .svf or .jed formats available for S-RGH timing files?
It seems there's only svf or jed to .xsvf converter, but not vice verse

gunja203

gunja203

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is this possible to use a different glitch chip like coolrunner rev c or matrix v1 ?

D

Deleted member 847964

No sympathy for the Devil; keep that in mind
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Will this method still work on a Trinity runing dash 7526.0 ?
I think you mean 17526 but yeah the dashboard version doesn't matter for this

darkminos

darkminos

Reaction score
Sin$
Just done my first S-RGH and the guide was very useful! However I would like to add a few troubleshooting comments for noobs like me:

1. Step 3 - Programming the glitch chip: Just my observation that the console wouldn't glitch when there was no HDMI cable/TV connected. Don't try to go through the tedious programming process without connecting the console to a TV as you will waste your time.

2. Step 5: Getting the CPU key: During this step I could not obtain the CPU and DVD key and the information displayed did look different to the picture in this guide. This was because my DVD was plugged in. Unplugging any USBs, HDDs, and the DVD solved the issue. Once you have completed Step 6 you can reconnect the DVD drive and any storage devices.

S

sonicmania

Reaction score
Sin$
ok, so, here is talking about JRP, ACE, DGX, RGX, Glitcher, ecc... but what is "RGH"?
and which is the difference from RGH1 and RGH2? and where is specified in the guide line if we are making a rgh1 or 2?

thanks.

D

Deleted member 847964

No sympathy for the Devil; keep that in mind
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
ok, so, here is talking about JRP, ACE, DGX, RGX, Glitcher, ecc... but what is "RGH"?
and which is the difference from RGH1 and RGH2? and where is specified in the guide line if we are making a rgh1 or 2?

thanks.
RGH means Reset Glitch Hack which is the exploit used to modify the console. RGH1 was the early version but it was patched on a pretty early dashboard version (14699), s-rgh and RGH1.2 are variations of RGH2.

Top Bottom
Login
Register