What's new

Tutorial [Trinity, Corona] S-RGH Tutorial, start to finish (Slim only) [16MB]

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it necessary to program the acev3 to do s-rgh? I guess the timings need to be different?. I've read that it comes ready for corona. I have a slim-e with a v5. I only have a matrix nand programmer, guess I could modify it. Been using lpt for cool runners. I only mod when I find a cheap system, for kicks.
You can use the stock file on a Corona, but that would technically be RGH2, not S-RGH. If you only have a matrix, then yes, try the stock file, without programming the ACE.

J

Joshdeanc

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the quick reply! i will grab some of the ace chips. Do you by any chance know the size on the pin headers?

R

Rockymcg

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey there, I'm fairly new to modding. I found your tutorial and it looks like I should be able to mod my console using these instructions. One thing I'm unsure of is if I need to worry about my dashboard version? I've seen references to this in other modding discussions, but there's no mention of it here. Thanks in advance for your help!

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey there, I'm fairly new to modding. I found your tutorial and it looks like I should be able to mod my console using these instructions. One thing I'm unsure of is if I need to worry about my dashboard version? I've seen references to this in other modding discussions, but there's no mention of it here. Thanks in advance for your help!
Dashboard version doesn't matter on slims.

jackiswack63

jackiswack63

Reaction score
Sin$
Assuming because it says 16mb in the title this isn't for a Corona v2 or v4? Do you know if I can s-rgh a Corona v2 or v4 (I'm actually not sure which one the console is atm as it's actually not my console)?

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Assuming because it says 16mb in the title this isn't for a Corona v2 or v4? Do you know if I can s-rgh a Corona v2 or v4 (I'm actually not sure which one the console is atm as it's actually not my console)?
Yes, you can S-RGH a V2, a V4 and even a V6. Only difference is the nand read/write procedure. You can actually just follow a regular RGH2/RGH2+ tutorial for reading and flashing the nand and then use this one for everything else.

jackiswack63

jackiswack63

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, you can S-RGH a V2, a V4 and even a V6. Only difference is the nand read/write procedure. You can actually just follow a regular RGH2/RGH2+ tutorial for reading and flashing the nand and then use this one for everything else.

Ok, thanks very much for your reply. One more question though. Can I just use the regular Corona timing files or do I have to dig around for some special ones specifically for the V2/V4? Thanks.

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, thanks very much for your reply. One more question though. Can I just use the regular Corona timing files or do I have to dig around for some special ones specifically for the V2/V4? Thanks.
Yes, you can use the ones that are in this thread. You can also try the V2 pack, but that hasn't given me very good results.

Thepayne30

Thepayne30

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone, I have gotten to step 5 of this guide and my xbox will not even power on. I've double checked all of my solder points and they appear clean and uncrossed. Wires are held snug with a slight pull. But when I plug in the power cord and and the hdmi, I get no signs of life when trying to power it on. I've tried both connecting a wired controller and reattaching the touch buttons and nothing happens. Could anyone maybe point out a few more troubleshooting tips to try? I can't imagine the box is just dead, I have to be missing something. Thanks in advance for any help!

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone, I have gotten to step 5 of this guide and my xbox will not even power on. I've double checked all of my solder points and they appear clean and uncrossed. Wires are held snug with a slight pull. But when I plug in the power cord and and the hdmi, I get no signs of life when trying to power it on. I've tried both connecting a wired controller and reattaching the touch buttons and nothing happens. Could anyone maybe point out a few more troubleshooting tips to try? I can't imagine the box is just dead, I have to be missing something. Thanks in advance for any help!
Could be a lot of things. I would suggest opening a thread in the support section and posting clear pictures of your install, as well as a more in depth explanation of what exactly you have done to the console so far.

MoD_MoT

MoD_MoT

Reaction score
Sin$
Waaahhooooo just done my first S RGH, nice one JoinTheResistance, is there anyway to donate or help you with anything?
Can others please post results in this thread, ive only seen one user post results?
I used ace v3 first with TR_L_0.5_T_60.6.xsvf and got zero results after 8 or so glitchs with too long pulse, tried TR_L_0.6_T_60.3.xsvf that the one user posted about and got instant boot! Was like this with Jasper timing file for RGH 1.2 and get instant boots with jasper timing file so hope all Trinitys are fine with this timing file. Im going to try a few coronas , also got coupe of 360 e so will post results once glitched with instant boot.
Could the OP or others please post which file they use first with coronas and 360 E?

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Waaahhooooo just done my first S RGH, nice one JoinTheResistance, is there anyway to donate or help you with anything?
Can others please post results in this thread, ive only seen one user post results?
I used ace v3 first with TR_L_0.5_T_60.6.xsvf and got zero results after 8 or so glitchs with too long pulse, tried TR_L_0.6_T_60.3.xsvf that the one user posted about and got instant boot! Was like this with Jasper timing file for RGH 1.2 and get instant boots with jasper timing file so hope all Trinitys are fine with this timing file. Im going to try a few coronas , also got coupe of 360 e so will post results once glitched with instant boot.
Could the OP or others please post which file they use first with coronas and 360 E?
Thanks for the feedback! I did a Corona V3 with the 10-1 pro file from the V2 S-RGH pack. Which reminds me, I should probably link it in the tutorial...
66.2_0.5 or 65.2_0.5. Not sying they are the best, just a good middle ground for a starting point. You can check out my tutorial on how to find the right timing file to see what I mean.

MoD_MoT

MoD_MoT

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, thanks for the fast reply bro..
Will checkout them timing files for sure, if you could link the V2 S-RGH pack that would be ace.
Yes i do understand the basic logic behind pulse times and the led showing long or short pulses, i was askingas the two timing files that users poste were a great success i mean like fast boot times all the time with over x40 boards, mostly falcons, maybe i got lucky with the jasper timing file (i posted results on your rgh 1.2thread)
very good tutorial i might add,i just stumbled on it one day whilst using team xecuter products and forums previously costing me a small fortune to be honest ,using your tutorial and help i have successfully done about x40 plus boards now betwen slims an loving it with the easy alternate points so onto the 360 e next with a nice design i will give it , i have included a couple of images of case mods with rgh i have done as of late, let me know what you think?,
If you need any help with anything just give me a shout as your advice has helped me tons bro.
Anyway keep it going with the glitch tricks you got, glitch ninja lol, realy appreciate it, if you have any other timing files or advice for corona you get good results with that woud be great pal, or any others please add your results, thats the point of the thread lol...
Ive just programmed my first 10 mode rapid rire chip with my own hexcode and a pic kit 3, was bit tricky at first but soon got on it,have you had any fun messing with them or you bothered it?
have a good weekend anyway anyway, peace... 
66.2_0.5 or 65.2_0.5. Not sying they are the best, just a good middle ground for a starting point

Just to be clear , that is for early coronas or 360 e bro?
btw..Can i not add an image in a post from my pc show you a case mod or does the image have to be linked/hosted?

kwisatz

kwisatz

Reaction score
Sin$
Congrats on you wonderful tutorial!!!
Is quite a fine and lenghty explanation covering all you need to know to achieve S-RGH, but I'd like to point a little mishap. Its about the board install pictures, they all are trinity boards!!! Someone inexperienced, might get confused in looking for the right points if his MB is corona V2 for example.....

G

GutBomb

Reaction score
Sin$
I tried to download jrunner from this link but google drive says the file is infected (undoubtedly a false positive) and that only the owner can download the file. Is there a mirror of this particular jrunner anywhere?

Top Bottom
Login
Register