What's new

Solved Trinity can't play Xbox Classics after RGH

T

Tayyar

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey people!

I've read numerous guides on how to get them to work but I can't. I have the original 250GB HDD, could play them via LT3.0 without RGH and now even my discs won't work, they'll be stuck on white Xbox logo and I have to power down the console with the power button.

I installed the 2007 hacked-fixed files into the HDDX, tried 2011 files, deleted the HDD cache, tried the X, LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X trick, deleted the cache files of HDD1 Compatibility folder, used the original BackCompat files+150MB TBDX or something folder, tried HDD fixer xex file as a last resort and none of them work. They all hang on the first white boot screen. However, when I completely delete the HDDX Compat folder, they try to launch and tell me to connect to internet to download software.

Did my RGH f*** something up? I read that back in freeboot times you could disable OG games. Is my nand flashing wrong?

I dumped my nand, backed up my nand and CPU keys and fuse numbers etc. Created Glitch 2, Trinity files for 17511, flashed them successfully, albeit with one block error (both read and write, I've been told JRunner remaps them, so no issues).

My XBLA games, DLCs and Homebrew just work fine, but I want to be able to play the classics.

Can someone help me? Pretty please.

Last edited:
afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Use any xbox classic tutorial for RGH and do it like a fresh build. Because, something is messed up and best way to fix is reformat and freshly upload compatibility files.

For short: reformat HDDX with hdd compatibility fixer and reupload hacked compatibility files.

Last edited:
T

Tayyar

Reaction score
Sin$
Unfortunately doesn't work mate...

To be clear, all I need is the 2011 compat folder in the HDDX partition, right? No TBDX folder (150MB)?

After I cleaned my HDD cache, I lost my avatars, and downloaded the 17511 system update and applied it to get avatars back. What would be the implications of not having avatars? I don't care about them.

What about HDD1 compat folder, there are three other folders inside which I think profiles and cache for OG. Do I need them too? Just in case I backed them up, OG games don't work with or without them. Also the legit 2007 BC update file from Microsoft site, do I find the same file in the HDD1 and delete it if it's something preventing the files in HDDX to take charge?

Sigh...

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Unfortunately doesn't work mate...

To be clear, all I need is the 2011 compat folder in the HDDX partition, right? No TBDX folder (150MB)?

After I cleaned my HDD cache, I lost my avatars, and downloaded the 17511 system update and applied it to get avatars back. What would be the implications of not having avatars? I don't care about them.

What about HDD1 compat folder, there are three other folders inside which I think profiles and cache for OG. Do I need them too? Just in case I backed them up, OG games don't work with or without them. Also the legit 2007 BC update file from Microsoft site, do I find the same file in the HDD1 and delete it if it's something preventing the files in HDDX to take charge?

Sigh...
You probably need to run a partition fixer. I had to do that when I upgraded my JTAG's HDD size years ago. You can find a link to an .iso that has it in this thread:
[Click here to view this link]

You can either download the .iso and burn it to a CD or you can just extract the .iso and move the partition fixer over to your console and then run it there.

T

Tayyar

Reaction score
Sin$
Nope mate :frown:

I've already done those steps. It just refuses to work. I'm going to go back to retail to let MS handle the fixes via online. I can't connect to live while I'm RGHed.

One last question, can KV files screw up the system like this? I tried someone else's KV.bin to keep my console unflagged, then I used my own KV, it just doesn't work.

T

Tayyar

Reaction score
Sin$
Update: Problem persist.

I just reflashed it with retail nand. It connected to live, downloaded the BC update and launched the game from the DVD. No probs.

I again flashed 17511, Glitch 2. It doesn't connect to live (feature I guess), and doesn't accept the hacked 2011 BC files. It's stuck on the white Xbox screen again.

It has to do something with internet connection I guess.

T

Tayyar

Reaction score
Sin$
Final update: Fixed it.

Don't really know what I've done fixed it but I've done these:

Rather than using JRunner software, I used the latest 17511 XeBuild to make me an updflash.bin, flashed it.

FTP'd Dash Launch 3.18 to do some testing about XBL. Disabled LiveStrong and Liveblock.

Tried Xballing and XBDM. Console couldn't boot because of Xballing screwing up. Unplugged HDD and deleted launch.ini and Xballing + XBDM.

Back then when I used JRunner's nand building, I couldn't play the Installed (from DVD) games from Free Style, it asked for a DVD.

Now with the latest XeBuild image I created I can play those games without DVD in.

All in all, my Xbox Classics are now working :smile:

There is only one problem, that I can't get Title Updates from MS servers nor Free Style's included JQ360/Xbox Unity (I have a user name and linked my console)

Though I can get those files manually.

Thanks to those whoever tried to help.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
There is only one problem, that I can't get Title Updates from MS servers nor Free Style's included JQ360/Xbox Unity (I have a user name and linked my console)
You might have not installed the latest version of FSD. There is a fixed version of Rev775 that has title updates working again with a filter. You can google it and it will be somewhere on real mod scene. Might be on 7S somewhere even.
Thanks to those whoever tried to help.
Glad you got it sorted.

pablo67340

pablo67340

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't mean to necro, but I ran into this exact same issue with one of my Trinity's. I mod consoles daily and never ran into an issue except for this one Trinity. After re-flashing the nand, clearing hdd cache, re-running the compatibility fixer tool & installing compatibility files, it still did NOT work!

After some time thinking, I realized the one thing I didn't try was formatting the HDD that came with it. I did a fresh format after entering my console id, re installed the partition fix & emulator files and voila! it worked! This issue was purely the HDD files in my case, and all it needed was a fresh wipe & partition fix. Also, don't forget to reboot after running your parition fix, THEN copy the files over!

As I mentioned, not necroing, with a useless post, but rather one to wrap up the thread for the archive of google we all use when performing rgh's & installs like these. Hopefully this post helps someone as this thread didn't give me the answer I needed when I needed it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register