What's new

Solved Trinity AceV3 glitching, forever?

• Thread starter xXBeefyDjXx
  • Start date
  • Views 351
X

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Premium
Reaction score
EDIT: The original X360ACE v3 I used was faulty, I had a replacement arrived and swapped it, the console started instabooting and is now running perfectly.

Hi,

Recently decided to get my hands on another Trinity and attempt to do the Viper Dual nand since the Demon + Cr4 went so badly.

The Ace is installed using as short wire as possible, using "WeekendModder"s diagram, and I am using 15432 Timing Files as suggested.

No matter what timing file I flash, the chip flashes twice short, and third long. I've left the console on for 30+ minutes and still nothing, yet when I return it to stock, it boots just fine???

I managed to get the 150mhz and the Pack2 timing files to flash 3 times short, however still no boot.

My soldering is correct, I've tried using 120cm, 70cm, 50cm and 40cm POST_OUT, Same with CPU_RST too. WTF is going on here?

It won't even boot using the TC DGX/RGX timing either, is this just a really stubborn console? or another ****ed chip?

Last edited:
N

nbaj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post pictures of your soldering

X

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Premium
Reaction score
That note says the dual nand won't work if you don't have the timings, it doesn't mean it won't glitch to Xell. I haven't even installed the Viper yet, waste of time if I cannot get the console to boot in the first place. I have tried 15432 timings as well as the RGX timings, nothing.

Post pictures of your soldering
Soldering is a+ my friend, short as possible wires using the 28awg that came with the chip, no cold joints or broken pads. Chip just isn't happy glitching this console.

N

nbaj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That note says the dual nand won't work if you don't have the timings, it doesn't mean it won't glitch to Xell. I haven't even installed the Viper yet, waste of time if I cannot get the console to boot in the first place. I have tried 15432 timings as well as the RGX timings, nothing.

Soldering is a+ my friend, short as possible wires using the 28awg that came with the chip, no cold joints or broken pads. Chip just isn't happy glitching this console.
There are cases where a different chip will work, but pics of soldering tell all. So many say their soldering is great, but the images show otherwise. Not saying you, but it happens a lot here

X

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Premium
Reaction score
There are cases where a different chip will work, but pics of soldering tell all. So many say their soldering is great, but the images show otherwise. Not saying you, but it happens a lot here
I do agree, but as someone who has been soldering for circa 10 years now, I always triple check my joints before "smoke testing" and if it looks off, I redo it.

I don't come to the forums for advice until I know for sure after checking with a multimeter every connection path

Top Bottom