What's new

Solved Trinity Ace V3 RGH Glitching Problems (LED Errors / Timing Files)

ilikefredy

ilikefredy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello who ever is here to save me!

So I bought OEM Ace V3 chips, and have started installations for the systems I am trying to RGH (For Personal LAN Center). Two of them have gone perfectly, but the other two not so much. The two troubled ones are both doing similar things. Both systems successfully had their NANDS extracted and their ECC files created and written to the system. Both systems are also Trinity systems (Glitch2 & CR4) and I have programmed all the systems with the 300MHz 60.6 timing files you use in your Trinity tutorials.

The problem with both systems involves them not glitching (Booting to Xell for the first time).

The first system actually managed to boot to Xell once after some trial and error but after pulling the CPU key, I went to unplug the console and the Xbox LED turned red and now continues the problem it had before: not successfully booting to Xell. When the system is powered on it never boots. The Ace V3 never flashes green and only the red power light stays on. The front Xbox LED flashes indefinitely (For at least five minutes). The NAND can still be read and I've attempted to re-solder 6 times to no avail. I have not tried different timing files, but intend to try that next. Any additional suggestions or potential reasons for this issue would be much appreciated.

The second system has all the same qualities, except it has never successfully booted to Xell, when powered on the green light on the Ace V3 flashes 3 times continually, and I have not re-soldered anything yet. Other than those three differences, everything is the same. The front panel flashes, the NAND + ECC still read and write, and the red power light stays on.

I know this is very lenghty, but I figure most people here have got more experience with these more technical problems and may have ran into these exact issues before. Advice, pointers, and reasons I am having these similar issues would make my week... Literally.

Thanks again for all the help you've already provided to me and others as well as any help to come!!

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
First thing will need to see some pics of your install . a while back there were some crap ace chips going around so need to see that aswell .

ilikefredy

ilikefredy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
First thing will need to see some pics of your install . a while back there were some crap ace chips going around so need to see that aswell .

Here is an imgur dump of the images.
Go easy on me.

These are pictures of the second Xbox in reference to my original post.
Also, the Ace V3s I am using are also SN labeled on the underside. (Purchased from Theweekendmodders store).

Also, regardless of any of the above information: Do you or anyone know what the 3 green flashes on the Ace V3 indicate? (Two short flashes followed by one long 2-3 second flash, looping and repeating that cycle)

Last edited:
Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
That means its glitching. When u have the right timing you should see a combination of 2 shorts 1 long and 3 shorts .
U need to try other timings. Not just the 60.6! From the 300mhz folder. Try 60.3 and even 59.7

Usually .3 or .5 work best but go ahead and try them all.

ilikefredy

ilikefredy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That means its glitching. When u have the right timing you should see a combination of 2 shorts 1 long and 3 shorts .
U need to try other timings. Not just the 60.6! From the 300mhz folder. Try 60.3 and even 59.7

So I have tried a few from each folder, with no luck. I will try every single on in each folder you mentioned. I'll get back to you after doing so!

Now the first Xbox Trinity that won't boot dose not show the green light on the Ace V3 at all. Just flashes the front of the system. I de-soldered everything and it boots to the regular dash perfectly. NAND still reads but I have now re-soldered the Ace V3 (Similar solder job as photos shown) and the system still does not boot to Xell. Same infinite front panel LED flashing green. Any suggestion on this one?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Front panel flashing is irrelevant. Just means the DVD is u plugged (unless its red). So the ace isn't flashing the green debug at all on that one ?
Let's see pics from it Have u tried another ace yet?

Also take a pic zoomed out a bit so I can trace your e and f wires and make sure they are oriented properly

Last edited:
ilikefredy

ilikefredy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Front panel flashing is irrelevant. Just means the DVD is u plugged . So the ace isn't flashing the green debug at all on that one ?
Let's see pics from it Have u tried another ace yet?

Also take a pic zoomed out a bit so I can trace your e and f wires and make sure they are oriented properly

Noted.

No green light on that one at all (Unless I de-solder the D & C points on the rear of the system, then it is solid green at all times... As it should be when those points are not soldered).
Have not tried another Ace V3 yet (The Ace V3 is slightly crooked in the photos because I don't have it fully stuck onto the board because I figured I might have to test another one.)

Also just want to mention again that this system HAS booted to Xell once before. But when I went to unplug after pulling the CPU key, the front LED went red for a second and then it shut down.

Images of the system in question can be found here:

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So it red dotted just before u unplugged the power? Or as u were removing power from it?
But anyways u said u flashed stock and it boots and works just fine correct ?

Maybe touch up your post signal . Remove wire clean up with alcohol reflow fresh solder then trim wire shorter and reattach .
If no go after that switch to alternative cpu rst under x clamp c5r11 or topside resistor.

Last edited:
ilikefredy

ilikefredy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Usually .3 or .5 work best but go ahead and try them all.

Update on System 2: Tried every timing file from every folder withing TRINITY>300MHz and none of them got it to boot. Same Short Short Long repeat Green LED pattern on all boot files. Anything to try next?

So it red dotted just before u unplugged the power? Or as u were removing power from it?
But anyways u said u flashed stock and it boots and works just fine correct ?

Maybe touch up your post signal . Remove wire clean up the via wirh als. reflow fresh solder then trim wire shorter amd reattach .
If no go after that switch to alternative cpu rst under x clamp c5r11 or topside resistor.

I think it could be considered "Before I removed the power" but I de-soldered everything and it booted to the Stock dash perfectly. I'll try cleaning the point. What did you mean by this" "via wirh als"?

After cleaning, re-soldering, and testing the point... I'll try the alt point under the X-Clamp and get back to you if any of those thing prevail.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Triple check your e and f are correct . I'm driving now so will have to look closer.

I meant clean up post point which is a via with alcohol .

Typically trinity's are the easiest consoles to glitch. Those aces look legit but I would at least try another if u have some

ilikefredy

ilikefredy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Triple check your e and f are correct . I'm driving now so will have to look closer.

I meant clean up post point which is a via with alcohol .

E & F are in the right spot and have pretty much zero exposed wire with very solid connections. Drive safe, this isn't that urgent :stop:

Also what does "via" mean in that statement? Not familiar with a via point, as a label.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Just a type of pad on a board. I.e. thru-hole via etc.
Focusing on the one that has no green debug led. After trying what I said go ahead and swap out the ace and let me know if debug is now flashing.

ilikefredy

ilikefredy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just a type of pad on a board. I.e. thru-hole via etc.
Focusing on the one that has no green debug led. After trying what I said go ahead and swap out the ace and let me know if debug is now flashing.
Update on Xbox #1: IT WAS THE ****ING CHIP. KILL ME PLEASE.

Will keep you posted on the second one. Thank you much for everything thus far!!!

ilikefredy

ilikefredy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Its possible. U said it booted xell once .

No, that was the prior one (That I swapped the Ace V3 on).
The one I am referring to is the one that flashes green on the Ace V3 and I have tried every timing file on. This one has never posted (Booted to Xell).

Also, do you have a suggested Ace V3 distro that is domestic to the U.S?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Did u grab the cpu key and create /write upd flash already or is it still stock with ECC. Written ?

One way to find out for sure would be to swap in the chip from the one u just got finished . Then there's no question.

ilikefredy

ilikefredy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Did u grab the cpu key and create /write upd flash already or is it still stock with ECC. Written ?

One way to find out for sure would be to swap in the chip from the one u just got finished . Then there's no question.
I have not grabbed the CPU key from the flashing one (Xbox #2) I have only created and wrote the ECC.
I have already grabbed the CPU key from the now working (Xbox #1) and flashed the XeBuild NAND. It is working perfectly.

I have one more Ace V3 sealed new I can use... As I would rather not remove the Ace V3 from any of the working ones... Don't want to risk it!

Also, do you have a suggested Ace V3 distro that is domestic to the U.S?

ilikefredy

ilikefredy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

So I have created a second roadblock while attempting to fix this last one (Xbox #2).
I re-soldered and cleaned everything up. Some of my better work... But when I dump the NANDs from the Xbox using J-Runner and try to create an ECC file it says "Invalid Image... Missing Header." I am assuming the header is missing because I have already created and wrote the ECC to the NAND that is on the system. The problem is, I seem to have deleted the original NAND backups for this system. Is there anyway to restore the header on the NAND that already has the ECC written to it?

Top Bottom
Login
Register