treyarch is unblocking strings ?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: WaW Modding' started by oBLACKIECHANoo, Jun 30, 2009 with 44 replies and 3,206 views.

1. oBLACKIECHANoo

oBLACKIECHANoo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    can any1 confirm that JD 2020 said that treyarch is going to unblock strings for private matches so that "modders can still have there fun" cause one of the admin at modded warfare said he said that but im not sure if its true

2. joshandrok

joshandrok Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I can't confirm it, but that's what I think was supposed to be the plan all along, but then modding got out of control. Or atleast for COD4...

3. Modified

Modified Getting There

Ratings:
    Why do you get me all excited for nothing? Damn.

I read the thread title and I get all hyped up. Lol

I don't know though, if this was true (WHICHI IT PROBABLY ISN"T) it would be truly awesome.

4. OP
    oBLACKIECHANoo

Ratings:
    its not for nothing if they do this then it will be amazing

5. Modified

Modified Getting There

Ratings:
    Well I just went over to ModdedWarfare and one of the true modders said they might, but he doesn't confirm anything.

6. livetorise

livetorise Enthusiast

Ratings:
    lol, if they do then the strings can be easaly moved to normal gamemodes lol cant wait till they **** themselves [email protected]

7. XboxMySocks

XboxMySocks Getting There

Ratings:
    Livetorise, you are certainly one misguided individual. They are going to unblock them for private games and it will stay blocked for matchmaking.

8. TheDeadLies

TheDeadLies Newbie

Ratings:
  9. KN1GHTH4WK429

KN1GHTH4WK429 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ok idk if true but if all unblocked(conversation only not names) it would make things more clear
    and modding isnt against the law

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

modding the game in anyway isnt against the law and anyways the game you bought now belongs to you not them not the store YOU its not like your modifying all the games out there you just modding your own personal copy
    but thats disputable but anyways the courts tried to get me with that **** before and my attorney used the fair use docterin and i was than found innosant of all charges cause i wasnt making money off it
    "fair use" docterin will save our asses if they decide to sue everyones *** on this site
    just remember if your not making money off of it its 100% legal(speaking in the sence of modding not like giving drugs to someone)

10. XboxMySocks

Ratings:
    Uh, its not against that law but it's against the TOU that you agreed to when you signed up for XBL.

11. Modified

Modified Getting There

Ratings:
    He blurred the image because the other words were top secret info. And it is not against the law at all to mod your xbox in any way, but it is against the Terms of Use for Microsoft.

12. KN1GHTH4WK429

KN1GHTH4WK429 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    they would do is unblock the cvar in non dedicated servers(aka private matches) and block them for dedicated servers(aka matchmaking) so they wouldnt be "F*cking themselves over"
    it will kinda be like halo 2 where modding in matchmaking was blocked and modding in private games were not

13. Doeboy1337

Doeboy1337 Member

Ratings:
    All they would have to do was make private maps run devmaps and matchmaking run regular maps. that would be very easy for them to do that and there would be no strings. There'd be a little more too it, i.e blocking out certain things that aren't defaulted but it could be done.

14. KN1GHTH4WK429

KN1GHTH4WK429 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    true but in the conversation he said there were legal **** you were violating if you modded cod 5 or something like that and even than only block out the **** we dont need to know but im kinda confused cause of the lack of knowing whats going on in the conversation i know they were talking about the cod 5 modding but y would they unblock modding
    treyarch doesnt like modding cause if they did they would have not patched it in the first place(or at least only in mm)

nah all they did was make all servers ignore commands(only from our profile not from the svg) so y they were able to patch the mods now it would make it easier if they just made non dedicated(aka private matches) multiplayer games not ignore console commands from the profile but make the rest of the servers ignore them(hint there will be a back way to mod in mm again and that would be string sv_cheats "1") and if they do do this than nazi zombies might be unblocked but private matches will not upload to the leaderboards but who cares it would be more fun)
    but hopefully they do do this cause i wana fly around on the new zombie maps shooting zombies

15. XboxMySocks

Ratings:
    You were; it's against the XBL TOU.

16. OP
    oBLACKIECHANoo

Ratings:
    it maybe against the terms of use but its treyarchs game so they could make a deal with ms to allow people to only mod there profile for modding cod 5

17. Modified

Modified Getting There

Ratings:
    They don't even have to talk with Microsoft about the modding, Treyarch could just "accidentally" let us mod in Private Matches. Then all the COD5 modders would be in love with Treyarch.

18. mastervito

mastervito Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yay first post Yeah modding IS against the XBL TOS which when accepted i believe enters you into a legally binding contract which when the TOS is broken would technically be considered a violation of said contract...making it illegal to a degree

also you escape legallities when u mod u personal **** provided that you are following the Fair Use **** condidering that your modifing copywritten code BUT as long as you do not sell, redistribute or any other such thing u can still clain Fair Use...

aslo i just played some Zombies with mods loving it keep em commin cheater

19. XboxMySocks

Ratings:
    SB Michael....

20. jdcx95

jdcx95 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What makes this real?