What's new

Discussion Treyarch console banning modders

B

baddreams12345

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How can it be illegal? You own the console you should be able to do whatever you want to it. I understand an xbox live ban but to say its illegal is just stupid. Goin to jail for modding something you own.... ha.

Still could be illegal this is just my opinion.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
devilish said:
Ok, read it very carefully and then tell me Iam wrong.They talk about banning the system due to modding it internally. And the front page says nothing about gamesaves or anything of that nature

Yeah was about to say thats from a wee bit in the past there bud.

The only internal mod you can do with the 360 that still allows you online is a firmware mod. Other than that there are no internal mods. Only profile and gamesave. What they are after are the profile mods.

D

Devilish3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In there eyes it is when you take all those mods and use them online. Now if you never connected to live then do what you wish. Thats my thoughts on it.

L

Lambo11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So what are they gonna do to the people who get caught modding online just ban them for a month or what?

D

Devilish3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
The only internal mod you can do with the 360 that still allows you online is a firmware mod. Other than that there are no internal mods. Only profile and gamesave. What they are after are the profile mods.

Exactly they ban cause of firmware mods. Or what there saying in the article.
And besides that it was 2 plus years ago when that article was made!! So how can a ad talk about what we were going to do today 2 years ago. But like I said it dosen't say anywhere that there banning cause of a gamesave or profile mod.

Anyway who really gives a s**t. Old article old news

N

NewClioSMaxim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
devilish said:
Anyway who really gives a s**t. Old article old news

well the one on the Call Of Duty web site is dated August 12th 2009

D

Devilish3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not talking about that one!!!!!!!

You know what eclipse I think were talking about 2 different articles. The one on the first page yes is directed towards gamesaves and modding your profile. But the one in Lambos post is talking about a console ban if you moddifed the console itself with a firmware mod.

N

NewClioSMaxim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ah sorry... my bad :blushing:
(where is the :doh: smiley?? lol)

UK HOPPA

UK HOPPA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
lol all i can say about this is LOL

even if i get console banned/ip banned/account banned ill still be doing it,
i have another 360 in the bedroom, with my old account,as for the ip one simple phonecall to my isp will solve this

i say bring it on... they will never stop mods

B

bentobox3709

Reaction score
Sin$
Things that Treyarch should consider:

-When I play modded Nazi Zombies with my friends, we only get to round 30, then we lose, but its fun at the same time, and thats WHY I mod, I don't do it for hacking gamerscore or anything else, just modded zombies.
-Ruin the online experience? Isn't the leaderboards already ruined? I mean seriously, 1 kill, a **** load of points?
-Modding will still exist on consoles, not as big as PC, but it'll still be there.

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
UK HOPPA said:
lol all i can say about this is LOL

even if i get console banned/ip banned/account banned ill still be doing it,
i have another 360 in the bedroom, with my old account,as for the ip one simple phonecall to my isp will solve this

i say bring it on... they will never stop mods

You should realize that they can just ban that 360 too.

X

X GhOstLy X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So you think that im going to be console banned?
Hope so, il say i didnt mod on here and stick my finger up ther a$$..

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, because if they banned you, they didn't know you were modding their game.

XboxMySocks

XboxMySocks

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
devilish said:
What I don't understand is they say to go mod the hell out of a damn PC but those of you that bought a console piss on you. I just don't think that qualifys as fair.
But really though i could care less, let them do what they think they have to do, concerning online game play. Does not bother me a bit:smile:

Unadulterated support and ability for modding > fail support and ability for modding.
You can mod absolutely everything in PC. There's a reason for that. You just can't really stick a good modding GUI in a console, and giving only some people the ability to mod isn't fair. PC; everything can be modded. Half of the things you don't even need to open in the game.

D

Devilish3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
XboxMySocks said:
Unadulterated support and ability for modding > fail support and ability for modding.
You can mod absolutely everything in PC. There's a reason for that. You just can't really stick a good modding GUI in a console, and giving only some people the ability to mod isn't fair. PC; everything can be modded. Half of the things you don't even need to open in the game.

Really never got into the PC modding, all I have have now is a freakin laptop. yeah i know what your saying.

R

Rob

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
LOLOLOL

Treyarch is a Joke They Just Wanna Seem big And tough and be up there on the level of game development as bungie

But Ever One knows There Not

And console hacking is legal unless your flashing and CoD mods you dun have to flash mod

B

bprimm

Reaction score
Sin$
I have noticed that in a lot of the gamesaves folks are making avilable for download, that there is a value for CODTOOL being placed in the gamesave when looked at via hex editor. Makes me wonder why that value is being inserted...not sure which codtool version their using or if it had always entered that value. Wonder if Activision/treyarch can track/search/compile users.

.perk_weapRateMultiplier....0.001....CoDTool....0....player_sprintSpeedScale....4

J

JerzeyLegend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't see why mods are such a big deal. That's why all games should have Player and Ranked matches. Leave player matches for mods, fun, glitches, etc. Ranked matches are just that, Ranked.

Leaderboards will FOREVER be a target of mods, and will ALWAYS be jacked up, so why do people even BOTHER trying to make a name for themselves on a stupid leaderboard? It's a game people, remember that.

The things that kills me the most (not literally) is... Why haven't consoles and developers of console games capitalized on modding. Don't stick a GUI for modding in the game, that takes away from the adventure, but leave us the permissions, and lay some groundwork for people to DO the mods. Like COD: WaW. Unblock certain strings in Private Matches, and block them in Ranked. If I was a developer, and I wanted to make money. I would let people do this stuff to my game. Especially if its cool stuff, then MORE people would want to buy my game.

Comrade

Comrade

Crusty Old Dude
Retired
Mythical Veteran Contest Sponsor Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
HAHA treyarch is trying to be tough..theres no way they will actually ban all of us!

why cant we Console modders mod are 360 and ps3 when pc can? wtf???

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Actually... modding copyrighted data is illegal without the right to, which ISNT just given to everybody.

Not to mention the moment you step onto live with your "mods" you have broken the ToS which is a legally binding contract.... once you do that then MS has the right to do ANYTHING, and they have the right to allow another company to handle the case, in this situation, Treyarch

Top Bottom
Login
Register