What's new

Discussion Treyarch console banning modders

S

Shu

Reaction score
http://www.callofduty.com/intel/298 said:
Our most recent TU addressed a number of issues that arose as a result of modders hacking their console and ultimately disrupting the online experience for everybody else.
In light of these recent events, I’d like to make something abundantly clear to the community: Treyarch has adopted a zero tolerance policy towards console hackers / modders. We are actively working with our console partners (Microsoft and Sony) to take action against all proven offenders, up to and including a complete ban from all of their online services. Our number one priority is to protect the experience of our online gaming community (most of you reading this message), and the efforts of console hackers / modders directly target the community in a negative way.
We understand that a primary motivation in hacking / modding is to bring something “fresh” or “new” to the game. That is why the PC platform has a full suite of Mapping / Modding tools, along with plenty of documentation to go along with it. If you are interested in the technical aspect of game modding, check out the PC version of CoD:WaW, where modding is legal, fully supported, and encouraged. There is a flourishing community of mod developers who have taken their curiosity and passion for modifying the released game and have turned it into a positive experience for their fellow gamers and enthusiasts. In fact, some of the very talented developers here at Treyarch were hired as a direct result of their productive PC modifications.
For those of you that are currently modding or are considering modding your console, this message should serve as a warning; for those of you looking to enjoy a safe and fun online experience, please be reassured by it – console hacking is illegal, and will not be tolerated. We are working hard to maintain a pure, fun online experience for upstanding players, and thank you for your ongoing support
Now the question is what are Treyarch using to "prove" modders. Automated checks? Being in the same game as a staff member?

G

Gig

Chance The Rapper
Reaction score
Is this true??? Any proof

L

Lambo11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eh who cares i don't even have live stupid hughes net is gay and has bandwidth fml:frown:

I

iTz Aaron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm i belive they are getting annoyed at tht fact we keep modding multiplayer yh modded zombies = so much moore fun

but still u dnt expect em to just give up n let us do it
do it in privates with frends not in publics then will probly get fixed agen :L to b beaten agen by ppl then leaked agen

G

Gig

Chance The Rapper
Reaction score
iTz Aaron said:
hmm i belive they are getting annoyed at tht fact we keep modding multiplayer yh modded zombies = so much moore fun

but still u dnt expect em to just give up n let us do it
do it in privates with frends not in publics then will probly get fixed agen :L to b beaten agen by ppl then leaked agen

I think when you mod in public (Zombie Co-op) people love it, they will send you friend request because its so good. So its it doesnt ruin the experience for people in zombies they just want to keep playing with you. So treyarch is wronf because it doesnt ruin the experience.

L

Lambo11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GotModz said:
I think when you mod in public (Zombie Co-op) people love it, they will send you friend request because its so good. So its it doesnt ruin the experience for people in zombies they just want to keep playing with you. So treyarch is wronf because it doesnt ruin the experience.

I think what he meant by Treyarch getting mad was the leaderboards there are all screwed up and not being legit, and it could have to do with co op mods who knows:? I do agree with you tho I have watched some reaction vids on youtube and the other players GO CRAZY it was pretty funny the way they freaked out:biggrin:

S

Shu

Reaction score
Hopefully it's just people with extreme scores on the leaderboards like 20000000 points and 10 kills.

D

Devilish3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I don't understand is they say to go mod the hell out of a damn PC but those of you that bought a console piss on you. I just don't think that qualifys as fair.
But really though i could care less, let them do what they think they have to do, concerning online game play. Does not bother me a bit:smile:

S

scopen4

Contributor
Reaction score
Do private matches effect the leaderboard for zombies?

L

Lambo11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shu said:
Hopefully it's just people with extreme scores on the leaderboards like 20000000 points and 10 kills.

Yeah the people that have scores like that on the leaderboards are the first thats gonna get banned, its just in plain sight that they have modded, feel bad for those guys:S

S

sahunk

Reaction score
Im pretty high on the leaderboards, like top 1000 on der riese, and im trying to get to round 1200 now, if i got banned would i be able to create another account and gamertag?

J

joeykrug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sahunk, we don't know, I advise you don't mod anymore, like I'm doing. :smile: Remember, they said a warning.

L

Lambo11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sahunk said:
Im pretty high on the leaderboards, like top 1000 on der riese, and im trying to get to round 1200 now, if i got banned would i be able to create another account and gamertag?

idk for sure

N

NewClioSMaxim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ah poop....
i'm like 105 on the leaderboard with 900 odd kills and 300,000,000 score.... :.(

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
They are talking about no-clip/screenshot/ufo and all that crap and people screwing up the zombie leaderboards to.

L

Lambo11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
devilish said:
Thats modding your actual xbox there talking about, not about banning cause you mod a gamesave

nevermind forget that post its from 2007

D

Devilish3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, read it very carefully and then tell me Iam wrong.They talk about banning the system due to modding it internally. And the front page says nothing about gamesaves or anything of that nature

Yeah was about to say thats from a wee bit in the past there bud.

L

Lambo11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
devilish said:
Ok, read it very carefully and then tell me Iam wrong.They talk about banning the system due to modding it internally. And the front page says nothing about gamesaves or anything of that nature

yeah I know I read even more carefully and that post was from 2007 lol:huh:

Top Bottom