Transfering Maps W.O modding

Discussion in 'Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST' started by DetroitHB, Nov 23, 2008 with 6 replies and 377 views.

1. DetroitHB

DetroitHB Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi all, I found a website where i can download the newest map pack (Legendary I believe). And since I dont feel like wasting money on them since I have a feeling they'll be free in a few months...

anyway, is there a way to transfer them from my PC to my XB360 WITHOUT modding it, if not just a simple no will do. Thanks

2. nickcas

nickcas Member

Ratings:
    You won't be able to use these maps, even if you could get them to your computer. All DLC is stored in a LIVE container, which is kind of like a license telling your xbox that in order to have what it is this container, you need to have bought it from XBL.

And you just need to hook up your hdd to your computer to transfer files, you don't need to "mod" your xbox.

3. OP
    DetroitHB

DetroitHB Newbie

Ratings:
    How would you go about hooking up your hdd to your computer?

4. Brigade

Brigade Enthusiast

Ratings:
    XSATA correct me if im rong

5. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    xsata/xport/ms transfer cable
    using
    xport 360 or xplorer 360 programs

BUT YOU CANT put the maps on your Xbox and use them, they are in a LIVE file which has a signature that we cant resign, that includes the Console ID of the xbox the content was created on, so your console ID will not match that of the one in the file

6. Halo 3 mapmaker

Halo 3 mapmaker Newbie

Ratings:
    can you put modded maps (that are made from fordge from maps that I already own) from your computer to your 360 (w/o modding)? If so how?
    Do you just get the transfer cable and does that come with instructions on how to?

7. Brigade

Brigade Enthusiast

Ratings:
    the same way me and dj explained earlier.