What's new

Solved Transfer Character attempt- "Rockstar social club ban".

• Thread starter Flying Scotsman
  • Start date
  • Views 5,481
Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
After finally installing GTA V via disk (amidst CRC errors), I tried importing my PS3 character over to the PC and am met with a "Social club ban".

Now, since I haven't transferred before, is this a ban "until the problem is fixed" (ala remove money etc) or is it a 2 week ban and you're set (since this is the first time this has happened to me - would spoofing to a new CID work?)? Never received an email telling me why I'm banned so I have no idea at this point.

Not ashamed in saying this, but I did 'mod' in $200 million which is most likely the problem.

Sent a ticket in to support feigning ignorance (what else can you do?) but no reply (which doesn't surprise me due to all the issues people are having with the PC).

This is the error I'm getting. It looks like one you'd also get on consoles so, anyone know if I can skirt around this or do I have to go via support?

NZLzRyY.png

Retribution

Retribution

Dépaysement
Reporter Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
As noted by F Fantasy Gamer , if you mod more than $100,000,000 on the PS3, you will get banned. What I would do if I were you is mod in whatever amount of money you want and then transfer immediately after. Then, disconnect from the social club and create a new account. The PS3 account will be banned, but your PC account will remain untouched.

I got 100 billion on the Xbox One doing this.

Upvote 0
Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
As noted by F Fantasy Gamer , if you mod more than $100,000,000 on the PS3, you will get banned. What I would do if I were you is mod in whatever amount of money you want and then transfer immediately after. Then, disconnect from the social club and create a new account. The PS3 account will be banned, but your PC account will remain untouched.

I got 100 billion on the Xbox One doing this.

Some questions: When you say "mod in whatever money you want", that is on a fresh character or can I use my existing one (she's still got the R* T-shirt glitched on)?

By 'create new account' I'm assuming a new SC account and linking the PS3 to that while the PC has the new account (with the same character)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Retribution

Retribution

Dépaysement
Reporter Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Some questions: When you say "mod in whatever money you want", that is on a fresh character or can I use my existing one (she's still got the R* T-shirt glitched on)?

By 'create new account' I'm assuming a new SC account and linking the PS3 to that while the PC has the new account (with the same character)?

By new account, I mean a SC account. However, when I said "mod in whatever money you want," I meant on a fresh character, as your current character is already banned. Just create a new character, and mod everything about it, then, immediately transfer it to PC, as if you wait, it will get banned within a few hours. Then, once you've transferred it, disconnect your PC account with the transferred character from the social club account you used to transfer it. Then, create a new SC account and link it to your PC account with the fresh modded character.

Unless the PC has security that the Xbox One doesn't, it should work.

Upvote 0
Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Very strange.

I modded my existing account by adding more money to it and unlocking awards and it allowed me to move it to the PC without a problem (immediately after modding it). Unlinked my PSN account from my main SC account (which the PC CD Key is registered too) and registered the PSN account with a new dummy SC account and all seems fine so far.

Hopefully I won't be banned in a few hours...

Upvote 0
F

Fantasy Gamer

I don't even. Wait, what?
Reaction score
Sin$
You would need to create a new PSN account and a new social club account. I'm guessing your PSN account will be banned from GTAOnline.

Once you have created your account, modify it to your likings and amount of $. If the money is more then 99 million i would recommend transferring to PC immediately. You shouldn't recieve any ban on PC. But you will get your CID banned and your PSN account banned from GTA. (This is only if you do more then 99 million)

Upvote 0
Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You would need to create a new PSN account and a new social club account. I'm guessing your PSN account will be banned from GTAOnline.

Once you have created your account, modify it to your likings and amount of $. If the money is more then 99 million i would recommend transferring to PC immediately. You shouldn't recieve any ban on PC. But you will get your CID banned and your PSN account banned from GTA. (This is only if you do more then 99 million)

Thanks for the reply. I generally use public CIDs anyway so a CID ban doesn't really matter to me.

What I find strange is - a previously banned GTA character (social club only - can still play as her on the PS3) was barred from transferring but adding more money to her bank allowed it through (from $200 million to $500 million).

I unlinked the ps3 account from my main SC account after transferring and linked it to another, newly created one and all seems OK so far.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register