• Start date
  • Views 445
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AccommodatingAcorn

Reaction score
Sin$
hey im filling out the form to get the free transfer cable and it asks for an existing xbox serial number and a new elite serial number. i have an xbox elite but not a 20gb. can someone let me use their serial number?

A

AccommodatingAcorn

Reaction score
Sin$
NinjaDarknessXx said:
wait, whats this cable for:?

its for getting the files from your xbox to another xbox, but you can use it for getting the files from xbox to computer because it has a usb thing on it

Syaxe

Syaxe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
idk what your trying to get, but xport or xsata will do that just perfectly and if it is what your talking about, then idk why u would need to give a serial# in order to get it, u most likely will need to buy one from ebay, craiglist, etc. :biggrin:

A

AccommodatingAcorn

Reaction score
Sin$
NinjaDarknessXx said:
idk what your trying to get, but xport or xsata will do that just perfectly and if it is what your talking about, then idk why u would need to give a serial# in order to get it, u most likely will need to buy one from ebay, craiglist, etc. :biggrin:

but this transfer cable form is from microsoft and its supposed to be a cable to get files from xbox to xbox so they want to know what xbox your getting files off of. and the cable is free and i dont really want to get xport if this is free

S1R34L

S1R34L

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just tell them you dont have the serials...i suggest calling 1-800-4my-xbox I think thats the number...

X

xXJOKERXx

Reaction score
Sin$
Like sasquatch said, just call them. They usually only ask for one serial. Besides its alot faster then mailing it in. If they do ask for 2 serials just tell them that you just bought a 120gb and that you want to transfer you 20gb to your 120gb. I called them and got mine. It works great.:thumbup:

A

AccommodatingAcorn

Reaction score
Sin$
xXJOKERXx said:
Like sasquatch said, just call them. They usually only ask for one serial. Besides its alot faster then mailing it in. If they do ask for 2 serials just tell them that you just bought a 120gb and that you want to transfer you 20gb to your 120gb. I called them and got mine. It works great.:thumbup:

i just tried calling and gave them my serial and they just said to check local stores for it when i finally got a person. i was planning on faxing the paper

T

TJF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You still don't need the xport or Xsata, you just have to convince them you deserve the cord.. and it's 100% free, so it's probably worth it. I have an xport, because I didn't know about the cord.

Z

Zarcu

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Do what I did. Call 1-800-4MYXBOX once the guy starts talking say "agent". Then he'll ask if you need help with your console or live. Say "console". You should immediately be transferred to someone. Once you are tell him you bought an 120g harddrive online and you currently have a 20g and you want to transfer your data over. Tell them that the guys at Best Buy suggested to call this number and ask for a "Data Migration Kit". After that he should ask for your information to send it to you and you'll receive it within 12 days. Also if they ask for serials just tell them you have not yet received the harddrive as it is in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register