What's new

Patched Trader sell glitch

I

ironjeff80

Reaction score
There is a trader glitch out there:

First off, everyone involved needs to have 100/100 goods in their own camp.
Best done in a full persistent posse of 7 players.
The posse leader closes App (PS4) after making it to the yellow marker and gets paid $0 and loses all goods.
The other members get $625 each, then return the favor to the rest of the team.
You repeat that 7 times.
Everyone gets paid for 6/7 deliveries.
everyone makes $3750 and 9000XP.
Since the wagon was delivered, everyone gets paid, but for some reason, they get full payout as if they were the posse leader.

Last edited:
R

rusbeckia

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thx for posting but this has been a thing since the FP update!

O

ObediahSawyer52

Reaction score
Strange. This is still working? I thought it got patched. But thank you for letting us know, friend.

R

rusbeckia

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strange. This is still working? I thought it got patched. But thank you for letting us know, friend.
What‘s got patched is that now you‘re losing your goods after d/c. In the beginning you still hd 100/100 goods after d/c.

M

mrpanto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It‘s worth it if you habe several friends who are also doing this.
I'd rather gang up and collect collectibles the legit way. The payout is much more significant, more fun and we get to travel together. We don't have to put effort to max out the goods, just to do the glitch once. The glitch is decent but not really worth my effort.

D

Dragonmods

Contributor
Reaction score
This was posted in September.

I know this is patched (that above video doesn't load for me).

But if you were doing this in a large group, it can still be worth doing anyway.
You WILL lose your stock, but if you have to sell anyway, why not club together and rinse a little more cash & XP from it?

Here's how :

Cockstar patched the glitch so that the posse leader selling his goods will lose said goods if he disconnects at the end of the mission.
That's all well and good and will put people off doing it for sure. HOWEVER...

... What they didn't patch was the fact that when the leader leaves at the end of the sale, all members within range actually get paid double what they should.
On a local sale worth $500 the leader SHOULD get $500 and the members should get $250 each.
When the leader leaves though, each posse member accidentally pick up the full amount of $500 & 2000 XP.

Therefore if done in a large posse, we can still make more than intended.

With 4 players, each earning nothing for one sale and double for three, you see an increase of only $250 over doing it the legit way.
It goes up as follows :

5 players legit : $1,500 each.
5 players glitched : $2,000 each - $500 up.

6 players legit : $1,750 each.
6 players glitched : $2,500 each - $750 up.

7 players legit : $2,000 each.
7 players glitched : $3,000 each - $1,000 up.

Whether or not it's worth it is up to you and how many you can get together. Figures increase for long sales of course.
It ain't much I know but it may be worth keeping full stock ready for such a group.

M

Madz420HD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
be good to find a workaround someone lol

D

Digital Viking

Founder of Digital Vikings
Reaction score
Red Dead Online Unlimited Money Trader Glitch

Hey all, so with the update yesterday they apparently have unpatched a patch that would let you deliver a 100/100 wagon and keep the goods and have all your possé members get the full reward of 625$ and 2500XP each.

Only problem is that the possé leader wont gain anything from this.

They way to do this is pretty simple.

1. Start a possé and get 7 people so more people benefit from it.
  2. Start the Large Delivery (Either Long or Short, it's up to you)
  3. Go to the delivery point DO NOT DELIVER IT YET
  4. Kill all the NPCs that tries to kill the sellers.
  5. When everything is clear then a member of the possé has to drive the wagon.
  6. Possé leader have to open Windows Task Manager and get ready to force shut down the Red Dead Redemption 2 application.
  7. The possé member who drives the wagon goes into the delivery zone.
  8. Just when the wagon gets delivered and the wagon icon on top gets a checkmark the Possé leader has to shut down his game.
Then there is profit. Everyone will get 2500 XP and 625 Dollars.
The possé leader can rejoin the session, set up a camp and he will have 100/100 goods and can do the delivery once more.

If you need anyone to do this with, then i have a place with people doing this glitch at the moment or people who want's to do it but don't have the trader role, you can just PM me.

We tested this yesterday and have done it around 10 times before i had to go.

Enjoy!

P.S This have been posted before, just with the console version.

S

Sizzurp

Blue Slide Park
Reaction score
I was wondering what would work better, ALT F4 or task manager.
Thanks for this

T

TheMetalKing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This also works on PS4, me and some friends were doing this yesterday. Just close game once it's delivered.

D

Digital Viking

Founder of Digital Vikings
Reaction score
This methode is also working with the Moonshine deliveries.

Just a heads up!

V

Voompah

Reaction score
XBOX - I think this was patched last night. Used it for 6 hrs took a break then when I returned at 0330hrs EST my friends got an infinite loading screen and no payout 3 times. When I logged in the 4 time I had lost my delivery.

Last edited:
G

GoodBoah

Reaction score
I experienced that as well. Not gonna jump the "patched" bandwagon yet. Looking for someone who wants to use this method and do runs for a few hours or more . PM if you are availble and want to do that.
Found that it works best with short deliveries and a 2-3 man posse if you take turns doing it, that way camp is ready to go when you reload the game.

Sometimes server makes a difference like with the "Stand Down" method, people thought it was patched like a week ago. I had a couple groups where you switch from Free Aim to Aim Assist lobby if first 1-2 people claim "stand down was grayed out whole time!", after the switch it works perfectly for everyone
I'm on PC.

Last edited:
G

GoodBoah

Reaction score
This still works. You need to end task just slightly after you hear the ding sound when delivery text shows.

G

GoodBoah

Reaction score
Merry Christmas all. Anyone know the work-around to some members getting the Red check mark while some get paid? Leader still keeps goods but this happens every now and then.
Also what causes "the buyers were killed" message? Again the posse leader is keeping goods but sometimes it is hit or miss. Do lobbies matter when it comes to timing?

V

Voompah

Reaction score
W
Merry Christmas all. Anyone know the work-around to some members getting the Red check mark while some get paid? Leader still keeps goods but this happens every now and then.
Also what causes "the buyers were killed" message? Again the posse leader is keeping goods but sometimes it is hit or miss. Do lobbies matter when it comes to timing?
Wish I could help, I noticed the buyers were killed msg too but have no answer to any of yr questions:frown:

Top Bottom