What's new

Solved Total bricked xbox 360

T

ThaManWithTheHat

Reaction score
So a buddy of mine tried to RGH his zephyr xbox 360 and it didn't go well. He came to me one day with it and it was totally broke. When I plug in the brick and press power nothing happens, no lights, no fans, nothing. I tried with another power brick and still nothing. He's soldering was really bad so I desoldered all cables and cleaned up all I could (also double checked all points with one of my own boards) but that didn't help either.
He told me that he read the nand and then flashed over it with the Xell Reloaded thing and then after he flashed it that this happen. He also used the old lpt method instead of an actual nand reading board. I've tried it with my lpt port and it wont recognize that there is a console there. Should I just tell him that the board is dead or would it be possible to save it with a real nand reader/writer?

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
You will want his original nand reads (hopefully he has atleast 2 matching). Then hopefully you can write one back and get it booting stock once again. Yes use the proper tools for the job! (jrp, nandX, or matrix nand r/w).

T

ThaManWithTheHat

Reaction score
Then I'll order one and try to fix it.

S

SGCSam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally (and this is my opinion), I wouldn't bother - Zephyrs are just a total waste of time to RGH, not to mention the red ring issues. Unless your friend just wants his 360 back to stock so he can use it then cool but my recommendation would be to pick up a Falcon or Jasper and try RGHing that instead.

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
Personally (and this is my opinion), I wouldn't bother - Zephyrs are just a total waste of time to RGH, not to mention the red ring issues. Unless your friend just wants his 360 back to stock so he can use it then cool but my recommendation would be to pick up a Falcon or Jasper and try RGHing that instead.

Good point ! But he'll need a nand reader either way...lol

S

SGCSam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point ! But he'll need a nand reader either way...lol
Oh yeah N Newsk you're correct.

T ThaManWithTheHat If you really want to try to get the console up and running and intend to do some more RGHs, I would recommend a JRP v2 if you're on a budget. The only issue is that they sometimes tend to lose their firmware and need to be reflashed and can sometimes need the good old "unplug and replug" method to read and write to the NAND.

I use a NAND-X myself - it's a good bit more expensive but so worth it. It performs the read/write operations way quicker than a JRP and I've never had any issues with it at all, it just works.

T

ThaManWithTheHat

Reaction score
Okay, I'll look around a bit before making a decision. Gonna check with my friend also as it's his xbox, I have 3 working myself (non modded) and might just sell one of them to him instead if he doesn't feel like getting all the parts and can be okay without having it modded.

S

SGCSam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I'll look around a bit before making a decision. Gonna check with my friend also as it's his xbox, I have 3 working myself (non modded) and might just sell one of them to him instead if he doesn't feel like getting all the parts and can be okay without having it modded.
If he's cool with it not being modded, that might be a very good idea.

J

james3

Reaction score
Why not buying a Trinity or a Corona 360 Slim model? They made an amazing job both in design and in heat dissipation (my XBOX 360 slim with the fan 60% in Dashlaunch runs arount 55-59 °C), more than that there are easy way to RGH those console and MODCHIPS ready to use as X360ACE that make things simpler.

Now buying an used XBOX 360 it's very cheap I bought my XBOX 360 Slim 4G + 320GB HD + 2 Joypad + charger kit for only 40€ + shipping (8€) and I think is still a great console with many great games

T

ThaManWithTheHat

Reaction score
I have 2 xenons and one zephyr myself and I got all for 20 bucks, so I'm gonna sell it to him for 30 bucks with 2 controllers.

J

james3

Reaction score
I have 2 xenons and one zephyr myself and I got all for 20 bucks, so I'm gonna sell it to him for 30 bucks with 2 controllers.

you got 3 working consoles (2 xenon an 1 Zephyr) for just 20 bucks = USD? ( I suppose you are from USA, aren't you?)
WOW amazingly cheap!! but anyway Xenon and Zephyr are the old model of motherboard, personally I had a Falcon and died few years ago 3 RROD GPU heating issue, "new" Corona seems that are much better dissipating heat!!

Anyway if where you live you can find used working XBOX (in my country for that price you buy broken ones), why don't for a Slim ?

Top Bottom