What's new

Solved Torx

R

Retrix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
anyone know anything that will work in place of a torx10?
i lost mine and cant get this case open for a box im flashing and im supposed to be mailing it back today -.-

x Davee

x Davee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think you could find something to replace it :x3:

I mean look at the head of this thing:

lespaul-disassembly-torx-closeup.jpg

lol sorry man. Maybe someone else has an idea.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I have had this problem before and there is another way. If you can get the right size (my dad has some jewelers screwdrivers)you can open it with a flat head if you apply presure in the right why so that it wont come out of the grip. Just stick it into two of the cut outs and press down and twist. Eventually you sould get it. Though this wont really work if you even slightly striped the screws because using a Flathead you need all the grip you can get. I would still try though.

larney

larney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I used a small square head

Just jam it in, apply some pressure and twist, I managed to get all the big screws out with that and then realized there was even smaller ones :mad:

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I used a small square head

Just jam it in, apply some pressure and twist, I managed to get all the big screws out with that and then realized there was even smaller ones :mad:

This works as well. I knew I was forgetting something... :biggrin:

StackOverflow

o0xIBrUnKhOrST

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
well. im not redneck, but i took a metal cutting dremel, and cut in a knotch so that i could use a flat head. worked like a charm :biggrin:

Top Bottom
Login
Register