What's new

Game Mods Tortuga by DoorM4n (Halo 2 Xbox Mod)

• Thread starter DoorM4n
  • Start date
  • Views 3,004
D

DoorM4n

Reaction score
Sin$
Tortuga_Banner.png

Original Post from 2011--http://www.halomods.com/ips/index.php?/topic/339-tortuga-by-doorm4n-video-update/

Download:

Hey Guys,

Today I present to you my proudest creation yet, Tortuga. Tortuga was an idea that I developed within the first month of my modding career—if I may call it a career—and that was the week that Halo 2 was released. In my thoughts, I called this idea my pirate mod, and it was intended to be built on Zanzibar. I filed that idea in the filing cabinets deep within my head and knew that I could only pull this idea back out when the proper technology allowed me to make this piece the way I wanted it. Since the week of November 09, 2004 till now August 14, 2011, you all have developed all of the programs needed and inspired every creative fiber of mine to build Tortuga. I thank you. Without the application makers, I am nothing. Without the community to inspire and play my mod, I am also nothing. Without all of you, I would not mod Halo 2. So I thank you for all you have done for me throughout the years and for creating an alternative reality in which I can de-stress, kick back, and channel my energy.

Tortuga, in my opinion, is unlike any Halo 2 mod created. It is SP-MP conversion, but it does not take place on a bsp that is used in Halo 2—though the BSP will look undeniably familiar. The bases for each team are completely original, with custom mode and phmo and coll. Obstacles are strategically placed, while over a dozen completely new weapons unlike anything Halo 2 offers are scattered around the map. Three new vehicles are in the map also. One vehicle is a sail boat. For the first time in Halo 2, a proper boat is present within a mod. A second vehicle is a bit humorous and necessary, for it adds a bit of life to the map. Another feature of Tortuga is that the player may now have the effect of swimming in water—yet another addition that is unheard of in Halo 2. I am so proud to announce this release. It was a personal goal of mine to develop this map before I fully stopped modding Halo 2. I am honored to have you support me. And I am honored to be friends with some of the most incredible minds I have yet to encounter, minds that have dismantled a game engine only to put it back together the way they like it. I would like to dedicate this mod, this time (approximately 3 months and probably over 500hrs), and this energy that I have put into this mod to you—to all of you. You guys are the reason I mod. Thank you, and I hope you enjoy Tortuga.

Thanks for all of the Support Guys, and Please Play the Mod! I am fully confident that you will be pleased with it! :biggrin:
DoorM4n

Features.png

• Completely New Map With Custom Physics (Phmo and Coll)
• Castle
• Pirate Ship
• Shack
• Dock
• Sail Boats
• Cannons
• Horse
• Custom Sounds
• 14 New Weapons

Weapons.png

Cutlass – a Pirate’s Weapon of Choice
Duckfoot – a Quick Five Shot Hand Gun
Flintlock Pistol – a Powerful 3 Round Hand gun
Wooden Shield – Deflective Shield that can Block Any Bullet or Arrow
Two Muskets – Two Long Range Muskets that Yield Great Damage
Blunderbuss – A 2 Round Pirate Shotgun that Destroys Anything
Tankard – A Drunkard’s Ale Mug Used for Bashing in Heads
Butcher Knife – Simple Blade with Uncanny Chopping Ability
Stone Axe – A Useful Tool to Gut Your Enemy
Bow – Single Shot Bow with Deadly Arrows
Crossbow – Double Shot Crossbow that has Remarkable Accuracy
Hand Cannon – A Persuader of any Plunderer
Spike Ball – Don’t Take a Swim Without these Guys
Bomb – Get Hit by One of these and You’re Kraken Bait

Vehicles.png

Sailboat – A Speedy Sailboat with Two Cannons for High Speed Warfare
Horse – A Land Mammal With a Cunning Act for Violence
Cannon – A Fully Functional Pirate Cannon with Cannonball Projectiles

Pictures.png

7_29_2011_6_56_08_PM.png

8_14_2011_3_28_42_PM.jpg

8_14_2011_3_25_30_PM.jpg

8_14_2011_3_32_09_PM.jpg

8_14_2011_3_29_59_PM.jpg

8_14_2011_3_30_57_PM.jpg

8_14_2011_3_29_08_PM.jpg

8_14_2011_3_27_58_PM.jpg

Thank you very much for the video Callous!

Credits.png

The list of people I want to thank you so much for the help and the assistance is HUGE, and I list these in no particular order. I could not have made this without you guys! Thanks for Everything!
• Remnant Mods--JacksonCougar, Ogrish, XZodia, DemonichSandwich, troymac1ure, bumlove, Aumaan Anubis, xxpenguinxx, neodos, Click16, CaptainPoopFace, and every single Individual that goes to http://www.forum.remnantmods.com. You guys have kept me modding. Thanks for answering all my ridiculous questions and helping me out so much!
• My friends where I live that support me and love playing my mods. Team eV was our group name, and it contains a dozens of friends that I will have for life. Thanks for the support!
• Program Makers! Damn, I wouldn't be anywhere without you: Pokecancer for Entity, troymaclure for his edited version of Entity, TJC2k4 for Insolence, Swampfox for ADI, Tfav for Halo2SoundTools, farklem for Dothalo, Prey for Blu and Orbit, Anthony and Pokecancer for H2Guerrilla and H2Core, Ironforge for Serenity, Low8 for SPPF, Fantastic Six for all of the Ubertools, XZodia for Yelo Neighborhood, Xbox7887 for Yelo and RTH.
• I would like to give a special recognition to Darkshallfall for Onyx. Without Onyx, this map would not exist! Thanks bud.
• Plugin and Tutorial Makers! People like Xzodia, Demonich and neodos (and sorry to those whom I left out) have supplied me with great plugins to make my edits.
• The Makers of Battlefield Pirates whom claim ownership of many of the custom models and custom sounds. I do not claim ownership of these models or sounds. Without the guys over and Battlefield Pirates, I wouldn't have these remarkable models of weapons and boats and scenery. Thanks guys. On that note, you guys must go out and buy Battlefield 2 and Download the Pirate Mod at http://www.bfpirates.com. It is a phenomenal addition to your gaming collection, trust me.
• Bungie! Modders wouldn't be here without Bungie, and we, therefore, owe everything to Bungie.

Final Notes and Bugs

Patch Gemini.map! The map is 88mbs large and the patch is 80mbs. I apologize for this, but I added over 120 models, weapons, and meta, and there is no way around it. I have not tested SLC, but I'm pretty sure it works. A few notes about the map: I had 65 back ups in total, and I probably put over 500 hours into the map. So, I hope you play it! You must play Halo 2 1.0 Version, and NOT the Halo 2 1.1 AutoUpdate. The game will not play correctly if you don't play 1.0. You must play as the Masterchief because the Elite animation gets corrupted when you do a SP-MP conversion. Because of all of the things that I added to this map and all of the memory that these models take up, the map will sometimes disappear at certain angles. So, please ignore some of those disappearing problems and enjoy the map. It won't occur all the time, only if you look in certain angles that encompass all of the added items. The boats are a little tricky to drive off the Pirate Ship, but you can get them off successfully if you accelerate and move very straight. The horse is a fun addition, in my opinion. Don't get all serious and technical on it, it's mainly for fun value. Also, objective games don't work, unfortunately. People don't usually play objective game types on mods anyway. Slayer and Team Slayer are the only working gametypes. There is an Easteregg in the map! Go Find it! Have fun and long live Halo!

If you want to contact me about any processes or finish any of the things that I did not finish, email me at [email protected] or contact me via private message on Halomods or Remnantmods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Royal T

Royal T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When I see things like this it makes me sad halo 2 isn't in its prime any more. This mod is amazing. Thank you for this contribution. I'll add some constructive criticism when I'm able to.

Last edited:
K

KronGon

Reaction score
Sin$
Halo 2 doesn't have to become null in our hearts. We can bring this community back. By making outstanding mods like this. This collaboration of ideals is beautiful. We NEED more people like you. Halo 2 didn't only touch our hearts due to its greatness but also due to the people who made it great. I believe in these ideals 100%. We should be more creative! Also don't forget where we all came from before fansy machines took over our lives. We can still reminess of the time we all got down and funky on one of the greatest games, scratch that, one of the greatest movements of creativity this community has ever witnessed. There is so much more room to recreate halo in its entirety. We have so much more knowledge of the game and its functions than we ever have. Please continue giving people who can't let go of the era that was halo 2 and halo 2 modding hope that we can create whatever our minds can fathom. I'm not sure it means much but you have my absolute support. I believe in this community. It's obvious you do also. Great job with your creation. Please do not stop these genius inventive creations.

Signed,
Chris

ADrunkenHarc2

ADrunkenHarc2

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes you can.
Why did he say only 1.0? Unless he meant for how it plays, he means the map itself won't work on 1.1 or above. You need 1.1 to see the dlc maps unless you jtag...I'll try it out.

ADrunkenHarc2

ADrunkenHarc2

Reaction score
Sin$
EDIT: I just tested it on my 1.1 update xbox 360 and I got a lovely ''You failed to load the map'' error. I don't know why 1.0/1.1 would cause a map to not load, but it is what it is.

Royal T

Royal T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EDIT: I just tested it on my 1.1 update xbox 360 and I got a lovely ''You failed to load the map'' error. I don't know why 1.0/1.1 would cause a map to not load, but it is what it is.

1. Make sure your resigning the map correctly.
2. If your playing on a flashed Xbox it might not work regardless. Iv only worked on jtag and rgh consoles.
3. Make sure the title update is removed from your hard drive.
Halo 2 doesn't have to become null in our hearts. We can bring this community back. By making outstanding mods like this. This collaboration of ideals is beautiful. We NEED more people like you. Halo 2 didn't only touch our hearts due to its greatness but also due to the people who made it great. I believe in these ideals 100%. We should be more creative! Also don't forget where we all came from before fansy machines took over our lives. We can still reminess of the time we all got down and funky on one of the greatest games, scratch that, one of the greatest movements of creativity this community has ever witnessed. There is so much more room to recreate halo in its entirety. We have so much more knowledge of the game and its functions than we ever have. Please continue giving people who can't let go of the era that was halo 2 and halo 2 modding hope that we can create whatever our minds can fathom. I'm not sure it means much but you have my absolute support. I believe in this community. It's obvious you do also. Great job with your creation. Please do not stop these genius inventive creations.

Signed,
Chris

As much as I agree with every word that you've said it's highly unfortunate that the community is in fact dead. There are only a handful of people left in the entire world that even bother with this game or halo 3 .map/.con mods for that matter, so nobody finds the point in making mods let alone all out creations such as this for a public enjoyment. Only bright side I can think of is the Halo MCC coming out this year. Let's hope it gives the community enough will power to hack the Xbone just to do the same thing over again. Although highly improbable.

ADrunkenHarc2

ADrunkenHarc2

Reaction score
Sin$
Heres the thing, I don't have a modded 360 :tongue: I have a retail 360, the maps won't ''show up'' if the AU is removed. So in short, I can't do it.

Redherring32

Redherring32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Tortuga is a true piece of artwork, and a absolutely inspirational original concept.
D DoorM4n has truly earned his respect among Halo 2 modders.

Anyone looking to get back into playing Halo 2 mods, should absolutely try this map.

Last edited:
AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Did u put a DL link in the op?
I'll edit the OP now. It was hidden. One of the images says download on it. It took me looking at 4 different sites to spot it lol

Top Bottom
Login
Register