Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
What are some of the top guns you've seen in 2016? I keep seeing the Hawksaw, grasp of malok, and doctrine of passing as a reoccurring theme. What's the top guns you guys have seen?

B

Blake Alverson

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I love my Doctrine of Passing. It's got Persistence and Hidden Hand. It's not the 'God Roll' but I love it and do very well with it. Hawksaw it also super good I used to only use that in PvP before I got my AR. Until I land my favorite roll with a Pary Crasher, (Kneepads and Rangefinder) I do very well with my shotgun called The Next Big Thing, it's got kneepads on it and yes, I abuse the heck out of that perk. I know I make some people mad with it lol.

Last edited:
Night

Night

Retired Unofficial Article Riter
Reaction score
Sin$
I love my Doctrine of Passing. It's got Persistence and Hidden Hand. It's not the 'God Roll' but I love it and do very well with it. Hawksaw it also super good I used to only use that in PvP before I got my AR. Until I land my favorite roll with a Pary Crasher, (Kneepads and Rangefinder) I do very well with my shotgun called The Next Big Thing, it's got kneepads on it and yes, I abuse the heck out of that perk. I know I make some people mad with it lol.

I HATE sliding shotties lol.

Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Depends on the perks if it's a legendary weapon. There's a huge difference between a grasp of malok with full stability perks and another without any stability perks.
Overall I'd say pulse rifles are the dominant weapon currently.

B

Blake Alverson

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Depends on the perks if it's a legendary weapon. There's a huge difference between a grasp of malok with full stability perks and another without any stability perks.
Overall I'd say pulse rifles are the dominant weapon currently.
Do you have a Doctrine? To each their own and i'm all about that but I don't think any primary can outgun somebody with a Doctrine who knows what they are doing.

Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you have a Doctrine? To each their own and i'm all about that but I don't think any primary can outgun somebody with a Doctrine who knows what they are doing.

I've got about 5 doctrines with a bunch of different perks, my personal best is the one with counter balance.
It's not that good of a weapon in my opinion, in fact I consider it terrible out of its optimal range but to each weapon type its strengths and weaknesses.

CHICK3NSHRIMP

CHICK3NSHRIMP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you guys still play PVP? Look at trials report. Top 3 guns in order every week are: multi tool, the last word and doctrine.

Pulse rifles are still viable but rarely used. Grasp of malok is the most used pulse rifle right now and it seems to be the best. You don't see many other pulse rifles because the multi tool will destroy them.

From special slot its always 1000yard then conspiracy.

From heavy its always truth then a toss between the raid machine gun or rocket.

Those are by far the most OP PVP guns.

I don't even like the multi tool, but I'm forced to use it to compete.

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah as said above, the big 3 are MIDA, Last Word and Doctrine. If you like to snipe use Last Word or Doctrine and if you like to shotgun, use MIDA. Sadly there aren't many legendary alternatives other than doctrine that can actually compete against your same skill level. Crazy how even Red Death has become almost unusable, only the health regen perk keeping it alive.

I think Bungie should drop the whole level advantages experiment in PvP. It's pretty much useless since you mostly play against people with similar light levels and the gameplay becomes much more interesting when there is a variety of weapons available. Destiny PvP has never been a competitive balanced arena like the old halos were so I think they should try to make as much variety as possible as it was the best part of crimson days.

Sallos

Sallos

Stickied Mythical Veteran Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
I think Bungie should drop the whole level advantages experiment in PvP.
After playing so much Iron Banner, I have came to the conclusion that the "level advantages" have no effect whatsoever. For example; I was playing as my 319 Titan, I used Hammer of Sol and I still get one-shot killed by a level 296 using the 1000 Yard Stare. I had full health and had my super was fully active.

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
After playing so much Iron Banner, I have came to the conclusion that the "level advantages" have no effect whatsoever. For example; I was playing as my 319 Titan, I used Hammer of Sol and I still get one-shot killed by a level 296 using the 1000 Yard Stare. I had full health and had my super was fully active.
https://www.bungie.net/en/event/ironbanner
LEVEL ADVANTAGES ENABLED
Your DEFENSE rating affects how you take damage. Your ATTACK rating affects how you inflict damage.

Lower-level players wielding fully-upgraded weapons should still be considered a very credible threat!
This page is from before the light system when there was still defense and attack, but I think it still works the same where your overall light level determines how you take damage, but your weapon light level determines how you inflict damage to others. He could have had a 1k stare anywhere above 300 and snce even a body shot leaves you at a sliver of health, a headshot is more than enough damage.

I agree though, it's pointless and they might as well allow everything they've created be used.

Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I think they're doing it pretty well. All of the crucible has 0 level advantages, only 2 of them do. Trials clearly has a 'meta,' and the iron banner is limited time. If you don't want the level advantages, play the other 10 game modes, ignore the 2 that have them.

ddxcb

ddxcb

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
When L-E is disabled, I use the Up for Anything from the dark below vanguard version. I was melting people in C.D. with it.

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I think they're doing it pretty well. All of the crucible has 0 level advantages, only 2 of them do. Trials clearly has a 'meta,' and the iron banner is limited time. If you don't want the level advantages, play the other 10 game modes, ignore the 2 that have them.
Those 2 game modes are the only ones worth playing rewards wise and are the best for competitive matches. I enjoy it either way, but the level advantages just seem pointless this time around. In HoW you could upgrade anything to max level and now with the latest update there's only a few worth using.

Kin

Kin

ロリコン
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
MIDA is pretty damn strong. Hung Jury still 4 shots anyone with no recoil. And conspiracy theory'd is the best shotgun.

Forn

Forn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
last word is the best weapon it shreds other plays when its a 1v1 close combat.

Top Bottom
Login
Register