What's new

Tools Too Human 1 Save Editor

xJames

xJames

Reaction score
Sin$
Well - here it is, the project nicknamed "9 Years Too Late".

The first release of my Too Human save editor is now available. This project is open sourced and contributions / feedback are welcome.

Working Editors:

• Character
  • Stats
  • Skill Tree
  • Obelisk
  • Weapons (16,257 Variations)
  • Runes (3013 Variations)
  • Charms (154 Variations)

Also customisable values, paint colours and many more features.

NB: This is a work in progress so please don't expect a finished product.

[Click here to view this link]

Virus totals:
0 detections.
Github site
[Click here to view this link]
TooHumanSE1.v1-0.zip
Source code (zip)
Source code (tar.gz)

TH1SE-vector-logo-150x150.png

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kpd1

Reaction score
Sin$
i finally got this thing to work have to try the save later to see if i did it right

Last edited:
Resosaur

Resosaur

Reaction score
Sin$
Has anyone actually gotten this to work? I'm running into all kinds of issues. For example, the Charms: even though I mark the progress as 100% complete and insert all required runes in the editor, I'm not able to insert the completed charms into higher level charms once I'm in the game (e.g. it won't let me infuse a Lvl3 charm with a Lvl2 charm despite everything showing as completed). It's as though the game doesn't treat them as completed despite what the UI shows.

Also, the rune adder feature crashes your game. I've tried every workaround I can think of and no matter what, the game crashes when you try to load your character from the main menu.

It's really a shame because this is far and away the most feature-dense editor out there for this game. I've tried two other editors and while they work as advertised, they do not include the weapon, rune, and charm features of this one. Did development stop at v1.0.2? Perhaps there's a newer build that wasn't posted in this thread? I would really love for the bugs to be worked out because I'm just not able to use it in its present state.

UPDATE: Okay, after experimenting with various things over the last couple days, I realized this editor takes some effort to get working in-game. Here are my findings...

One bugaboo is that it re-orders your armor blueprints (not weapons, just armor) so that they appear in the wrong category (e.g. leggings armor will appear in the helmet section, helmets in the torso section, etc.), which causes the game to freeze upon exiting the armor blueprint menu. The workaround is pretty simple, though: just clear out all your blueprints before using the editor. Any new blueprints acquired after using the editor will appear in the correct slot.

For the charm issue: While the editor allows you to set the charm task completion to 100%, the game will not treat them as such, even if you have all the requisite runes or charms slotted. When you press X to infuse a completed rune or charm into a target charm, the ones you set to 100% complete via the editor won't show up in the menu. In other words, the game doesn't treat them as completed despite what the UI shows. I found a workaround here as well, however. Instead of pushing the slider all the way to 100%, just get it as close as you can (e.g. 99/100 Goblins killed). Once in the game, simply do the final chunk and everything will then work as it should. *To be clear, as long as you increment the counter yourself to 100% via in-game actions, you should have no issues with using the charms feature of the editor.*

I'm still trying to figure out a solution for the rune adder. So far, it seems like when I add only a few runes at a time, I'm able to load my save, but if I add like 10 or more it *always* crashes. It's also possible that only certain runes crash the game, and as long as you don't add those runes you're in the clear. But I'm still experimenting. If anyone has figured out a workaround, please let us know!

Last edited:
G

Girland

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Author, first of all a big thank you for this fantastic tool. I wanted to know if there was a further update to version 1.0.2? Armor is still pretty finicky. I used the previous poster's method and deleted all my armor blueprints to bring in new epic armor blueprints but it is not working many times. Sometimes only 1 piece of armor blueprint shows, sometimes nothing shows up, even after previously emptying the armor blueprints. If there is an update, please let me know or link the latest version here so that I can use this.

Resosaur

Resosaur

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Author, first of all a big thank you for this fantastic tool. I wanted to know if there was a further update to version 1.0.2? Armor is still pretty finicky. I used the previous poster's method and deleted all my blueprints to bring in new epic blueprints but it is not working many times. Sometimes only 1 piece of blueprint shows, sometimes nothing shows up, even after previously emptying the armor blueprints. If there is an update, please let me know or link the latest version here so that I can use this.
Yep, having all the same issues you describe above when adding red armor blueprints unfortunately. Sometimes nothing shows up when you load your save, sometimes only one blueprint shows up despite adding multiple, and sometimes the game just crashes when you try to load your save no matter what.

Currently, I have 6 different characters. For five of the characters, I was able to -- after A TON of trial and error -- get the full red armor set using this editor. For most of them, I ended up having to add one piece at a time; that's the only thing that seemed to work. My 6th character, however, is a Cybernetic Defender, and I was only able to successfully add the red helmet, boots, and leggings. For w/e reason, the other three armor pieces crash my game EVERY TIME I attempt to load the save. Not sure what's going on but I gave up using the editor and decided to grind the last three pieces out myself since it's one of the best looking sets in the game.

Switching topics, though, have you by chance figured out a consistent solution to adding red runes so it doesn't crash when you try to load your game? It just seems completely hit or miss -- sometimes the game will crash upon loading your save, sometimes it won't, and there's seemingly no discernible pattern that might help point toward the cause. In all my hours using this editor I never figured out a tried and true method to consistently prevent the crashing.

G

Girland

Reaction score
Sin$
I have not tried Runes. I tried Red Charms using your solution and it works thanks to your find. I am not even sure if the author of this is still active or has given up on the tool. Would love to have the armor and runes sorted. I love this game. Have always loved it since release. Its a bummer we won't get another game.

Resosaur

Resosaur

Reaction score
Sin$
Agreed, it's a memorable game. This editor is the reason I came back to it because red drops are way too rare to justify the grind. I was never able to min/max and actually build characters the way I wanted to until I stumbled upon this editor. It's sooo close to working as advertised and could definitely benefit from a bit more polish.

I doubt the creator will revisit the project, if at all, much less any time soon. I reached out to them on [Click here to view this link] and never received a response :frown:

G

Girland

Reaction score
Sin$
Oh that's unfortunate that you never got a response. Also, I have to do this edit and hashfix only for the specific character and then move it to the original save game folder for that character. Slight issues here or there can cause it to not load so it is workable but I think it is tough. Now I have spent so much time on it that I begin to think if that is worth it or I should just play other characters already.

Resosaur

Resosaur

Reaction score
Sin$
Oh that's unfortunate that you never got a response. Also, I have to do this edit and hashfix only for the specific character and then move it to the original save game folder for that character. Slight issues here or there can cause it to not load so it is workable but I think it is tough. Now I have spent so much time on it that I begin to think if that is worth it or I should just play other characters already.
I'd say for me my save successfully loads about 60-70% of the time after making a change with the editor. But again, no rhyme or reason AFAICT. But when it works it's fantastic. It's truly been a joy min/maxing with red runes -- you can build some truly beastly characters. The strongest (i.e. most OP) character I've been able to create thus far is a Human Commando.

Top Bottom
Login
Register