Chix

I can smell you
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
battlefield_3_game_icon_by_wolfangraul-d3fmv73.png

Frostbite 2.0.
The new version of the acclaimed Frostbite engine has been designed specifically for Battlefield 3 and has been turned up to 11.
Not only will the engine allow for insanely detailed destruction of the landscape and architecture, but a real emphasis has been put on both sound and light. This means that when the inevitable happens and the enemy decide to bring down the building you’re hiding in, the sounds of tortured metal and crumbling debris should certainly fill your ears and give you a warning that you’re about to be turned into a pancake.
As far as the light side of things goes, obviously we can expect a lot of beautiful light-sourced based moments, but as Patrick Bach has stated, it can also be used to your advantage in the multiplayer side of things. Being able to shoot out lights to create dark areas and then blinding your enemies with your flashlight is just one way that light will play an important part in the whole experience.

Battlelog
As is becoming the norm these days, with Bungie Pro and the recently announced CoD:Elite, a comprehensive stat tracking service will be available from launch for all platforms. Not a lot has been said about what you can actually track, but expect all the usual types of information such as seeing what rank your friends are, K/D ratios, specific amounts of K/D with different weapons and so on. DICE are however very keen to make everyone aware that this service will be free for everyone who purchases the game, something which I’m sure is great news for people who dislike the current trend of ‘everything costs money’ being set by the CoD series.

Vehicles
One of the staples of the Battlefield series since the first instalment has been the ability to use vehicles in both the single player and multiplayer modes and B3 is no exception to this rule.
A rather long single player walkthrough of a tank level was shown at E3, and by Yoda the tanks look rather tasty. What we can tell from the video is that, not only will the tanks have different vision modes to try and compensate for the amount of smoke and dust being generated by the Frostbite 2.0 engine, but (at least in the single player version of the tank) it also comes with a UAV which can be used to laser target areas for airstrikes. I suspect that this was purely part of the single player campaign and won’t be available to be used in multiplayer, but only time will tell. It did look pretty awesome though!
Also, Jets are returning to Battlefield! One of the most effective vehicles (if you knew how to fly them) in Battlefield 2 was the jet, with players rather happily team-killing each other just for the chance to fly them. Hopefully this trend won’t carry over to Battlefield 3 but I suspect it will. I’ve already called dibs on being Maverick ahead of ST’s future Battlefield 3 nights. Ben can’t fly for toffee anyway.

Multiplayer
Not much has been released regarding the single payer campaign, in fact they’ve been extremely tight lipped, but information has been coming out of DICE regarding the multiplayer side of things for a while. For a start, the class system has been switched around quite a fair bit. Dedicated Medics are now gone, with Riflemen taking their place who carry both an assault rifle and medi kits/defibs. I suspect this was to counter the Medic class in BFBC2 which became one of the most used classes and was, admittedly, completely overpowered.
Next up we have the Support class which will carry the light machine guns and, I suspect, ammo. Recon class is still available and as far as I can tell, relatively unchanged and lastly we have the Engineer who, once again, remains pretty unchanged.
Being able to ‘go-prone’ has now been introduced and, what is one of my favourite changes, you can now opt-out of being revived. This should go some way to preventing the old ‘revive, die, revive, die’ situation that can occur if you get killed in a vulnerable spot and stop those irritating moments when you are revived and have no ammo/want to change class.
Another addition is the ‘suppressive fire’ system which awards you points for laying down covering fire and preventing the enemy from advancing. Also, if you’re on the receiving end of this suppressive fire, then expect your vision to blur and shake, informing you that this really is not a nice place to be.

Classes
  • Assault/Medic
    The Assault and Medic a classes have been combined now, where the Assault class can either chose to heal/revive teammates, or you can opt for a grenade launcher instead of the revive kit, if you want more firepower.
  • Support
    The Support class is now the one handing out ammunition, and can also provide covering fire. You can mount your LMG and if fire in the direction of the enemy, you’ll get special bonus points for providing covering fire for your teammates. You can also select an assault rifle with a flashlight for the dark parts of maps (like tunnels), instead of the LMG.
  • Engineer
    The Engineer retains much of his role and load-out from Bad Company 2, you’re equipped with rocket launchers against enemy armor, and a repair tool to fix friendly vehicles, and a sub machine gun.
  • Sniper
    The Sniper has the same role as in previous Battlefield games, and is armed with a sniper rifle, C4 explosives, and spotting gear.

Source

Pedophile

TigerBlood

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you Chix. I'm extremely excited for this game now. Especially with jets.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Dude, this game may easily blow MW3 out of the water.

BIGSxNPTACTIX19

BIGSxNPTACTIX19

Keep Kalm Chive On
Reaction score
Sin$
This game is going to be sick. I want to buy MW3 but i only play multiplayer the singleplayer got old after WAW.

Top Bottom
Login
Register