• Thread starter alc
  • Start date
  • Views 2,789
alc

alc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i just brought a console as faulty, all thats wrong is the dvd drive, i put a game in and it displays a message saying 'to play this disc, put it in a xbox360 console' if i got a new dvd drive and swapped the boards out of them would it work or is the problem on the motherboard thing?

R

Ry x MoDzZ

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
why dont you just return the console? or buy a new dvd drive that works and put it in, swapping the board is kind of hard

Jamie

Jamie

JOLO (Jamie Only Lives Once)
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You can't just replace the DVD drive, because the DVD drive and motherboard are married if you put a new one in wont work. Someone with be able to explain it better than me but you should get the point.

alc

alc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
console is out of warrenty and is 2006..... what i mean is get a new dvd drive and put the board out of the broken one into the new one, or is the problem on the board of the broken one?

EDIT: ok so i realised i had another samsung dvd drive, swaped the boards out of them and its still displaying this message, what can i do to the good dvd drive to make it work in it? (how can i marry it to my xbox)

fersy

fersy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
console is out of warrenty and is 2006..... what i mean is get a new dvd drive and put the board out of the broken one into the new one, or is the problem on the board of the broken one?

EDIT: ok so i realised i had another samsung dvd drive, swaped the boards out of them and its still displaying this message, what can i do to the good dvd drive to make it work in it? (how can i marry it to my xbox)

it could be that the person you bought it off had already swapped the drive without spoofing the dvd key if so you need to find the proper dvd key for that board. does it play cds and dvds ok. if so thenn its most likely not the correct drive for that console.

alc

alc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
it could be that the person you bought it off had already swapped the drive without spoofing the dvd key if so you need to find the proper dvd key for that board. does it play cds and dvds ok. if so thenn its most likely not the correct drive for that console.

ill go check cause i havent tryed cd or dvd's...

yeh it plays dvd's

fersy

fersy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ill go check cause i havent tryed cd or dvd's...

yeh it plays dvd's

then i would venture a guess and say that whoever you got it off has tried putting a new drive in it and not knew about putting the dvd key in it and the drive that you have in it is in fact working fine and just needs the correct dvd key for that machine put into it.

as i said im not 100% but i think the only way for you to get your dvd key then is to extract the nand and your cpu key as well. is your xbox j-taggable?

did you say the manufacture date of the xbox is 2006 and it has a benq drive? cos if i dont think benq drives started to make an appearence till 2007 which would suggest it is likely that it is not the original drive. if you need any more help give me a shout

SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
the dvd key is most likely wrong meaning the only way to recover it is to jtag. the seller most likely tried to flash the dvd drive and ended up shorting the drive out and just put a drive in it and sold it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register